Ken Shamrock Statement: Wants to fight for DREAM and wants Gracie rematch!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ken Shamrock Statement: Wants to fight for DREAM and wants Gracie rematch!
kastro_316
6/9/08 1:42:59PM
DreamFighters.com

Apart from the free seminars he has been putting on, and running the business, we were able to ask him 3 highly requested questions from readers of DreamFighters.com.
bigbubbano23
6/9/08 1:53:21PM
i've been wanting to see that match for a while. battle of legends.
bojangalz
6/9/08 1:53:54PM
Gracie is actually about the only style matchup that Ken has a shot at anymore. He's got the experiance to better defend those submissions. And he won't have to worry about Gracie knocking him out. (A real plus since he's 0-6 in his last six fights, all coming by way of 1st ound KO/TKO.)

He doesn't stand much of a chance either way, but at least its not a striker. I don't really care for Shamrock, and whose to stop him from competing. But I don't exactly want to see his head fall off his shoulders either.
TWITA
6/9/08 1:56:26PM
Maybe another match with Tito or Robert Berry or Sakuraba or Rich Franklin or .... Dude is 2-8 in his last 10 ... retire already.
Twenty20Dollars
6/9/08 2:11:42PM
Gotta give him credit for still wanting to fight, but he's just not winning and getting old, tarnishing his name.
silverbullet
6/9/08 2:26:59PM
This fight would be perfect for a DREAM event
wrona666
6/9/08 2:37:40PM
Good luck with that Ken......Sounds like a snooz fest to me.....
RMFG_187
6/9/08 3:02:12PM
GIVE IT UP KEN!!!

No1 wants to see u get KO'd by a GRACIE! lol
hodge
6/9/08 3:03:11PM
1 dimensional has beens
bigbubbano23
6/9/08 3:21:32PM
i guess people who are uneducated in the history of mma, think it's ok to hate on two of the most important fighters. if it wasn't for these guys you wouldn't have half the guys there are today.

tards will be tards
TWITA
6/9/08 3:37:20PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

i guess people who are uneducated in the history of mma, think it's ok to hate on two of the most important fighters. if it wasn't for these guys you wouldn't have half the guys there are today.

tards will be tards

Not discounting what Shamrock or Gracie have done for the sport. However, both are way past their primes and we don't need to see these guys fight anymore. Induct them into Hall of Fame, they can continue to run camps that produce great fighters - but there is really no reason to see them fight anymore - period. Look what Hughes did to Gracie when they fought and then look at what Alves did to Hughes Saturday night.
puppetmaster837
6/9/08 3:38:40PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

tards will be tards

Did anyone discredit them for what they have done in the sport? No, the guy is 2-8 in his last 10 and has been stopped 7 of those 8 losses. And he has been stopped in his last 5. Every fighter has a time when they should hang up the gloves, there is no shame in aging. He has done enough for the sport and isnt doing anything by keeping fighting.

You sure proved that tards will be tards.

Wait...I have a great idea for a fight Helio Gracie vs. Masahiko Kimura. 2 legends going at it for another epic battle.
gartface
6/9/08 3:39:00PM
Hang it up Ken...accept your status as MMA legend and walk away please.
TWITA
6/9/08 3:50:16PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Posted by bigbubbano23

tards will be tards

Did anyone discredit them for what they have done in the sport? No, the guy is 2-8 in his last 10 and has been stopped 7 of those 8 losses. And he has been stopped in his last 5. Every fighter has a time when they should hang up the gloves, there is no shame in aging. He has done enough for the sport and isnt doing anything by keeping fighting.

You sure proved that tards will be tards.

Wait...I have a great idea for a fight Helio Gracie vs. Masahiko Kimura. 2 legends going at it for another epic battle.

mrsmiley
6/9/08 8:11:42PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

i've been wanting to see that match for a while. battle of legends.

Me too!!!

I was just thinking about it yesterday.
Porch28
6/9/08 8:46:16PM
Im sorry I just dont think he should fight anymore
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/9/08 8:48:37PM
OH COME ON!!! f*cking sick and tired of seeing old ass ken trying to keep up in there. retire for good please, gaaaaaaawd damn.
bigbubbano23
6/9/08 10:11:41PM
ok i do agree they are past there prime. but i wanna see royce get a win to clear his name a bit about the roids.
candynuts
6/9/08 10:23:25PM
TANK ABBOTT!
jakeiceman
6/10/08 2:28:31AM
Good hell let the guy fight, I dont understand why everyone is bashing him.....did anyone stop to think that maybe he just wants to fight? Maybe its something he loves to do? I doubt Shamrock is in it to become a world champion. I used to be great in highschool baseball but that is long gone, does that mean I cant still put the glove on and play a game now and again?

tibbs420
6/10/08 12:31:09PM
Im Not Even Sure He Can Bust A Grape In A Fruit Fight Or Even Beat A Pin Cushion...I Go Cushion Via Knock Out First Round...Ken Throws A Punch...Slips...Hits His Head On The Pin Cushion Via Knock Out 26 Seconds In
kaskd
6/10/08 4:23:13PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Good hell let the guy fight, I dont understand why everyone is bashing him.....did anyone stop to think that maybe he just wants to fight? Maybe its something he loves to do? I doubt Shamrock is in it to become a world champion. I used to be great in highschool baseball but that is long gone, does that mean I cant still put the glove on and play a game now and again?

good point. i don't agree that's his reasoning, but maybe.
mrsmiley
6/11/08 6:36:36AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Thank God someone gets it.Sure it's not easy to watch Ken get humbled by the likes of someone like Buzz Berry,but if the guy wants to fight why knock him.You don't have to have an untarnished record and the best skills in the world to be a fighter.Anytime someone loses 2 fights in a row it's time to retire.We herd it for Silva,Liddell,CC,etc.
You can make a better case for Shamrock than you can the rest,but it's not like anyone still considers him a top 10 or anything.Hell the guy probably needs the money.I herd he lost a lot of what he had due to a gambling problem.
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/11/08 7:20:05AM
Hahahahahahha, Ken would get Capital "S" Schooled... again