ken shamrock vs royce gracie 3 ??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » ken shamrock vs royce gracie 3 ??
keith-hackney1
6/24/08 7:05:21PM
With all the talk between these two legends over various sights in this past month, i believe an organisation such as DREAM could be the battle ground that would be likely to set this match up. If it was to happen even now, it would sell... I would love to see it !!
With an ageing ken who seems to be getting tko'd in all of his fights, and an older gracie who still hasn't fully adapted to todays MMA sport IMO, this could be quite a good one. Could Royce get his first ko ?? Would ken pull out the best performance as probably the last fight in his career ... ??? Who would like to see it, i would. The rivalry is like no other in this sport, these guys should have had their trilogy settled years ago, i would like to think that this fight would be a great promotion for any MMA event.

Any thoughts ...
Cheers
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
mrsmiley
6/24/08 7:26:06PM
I hope it happens.

I get pumped thinking about it.So much history their.
I say Ken will probably lose though.If he doesn't lose fights fast,it seems like he loses under bizzare cirumstances. Fujita,Saku,and WTF with the Franklin fight????

But I think Royce will probably the best test for Ken right now as his career is pretty much at a stump.I think watching a third performance against Royce would really show us how much he's got left in his gas tank.
MFOTHER
6/24/08 8:03:11PM
id like to watch it.....especially free on dream/hd net......... but id rather see the shamrock bros fight...........frank might murder him in front of our eyes
The-Don
6/24/08 10:37:31PM

Posted by MFOTHER

id like to watch it.....especially free on dream/hd net......... but id rather see the shamrock bros fight...........frank might murder him in front of our eyes

I'd rather see Gracie Shamrock 3 then Shamrock vs Shamrock... Almost no one in thier right mind thinks Ken could win and while if he did it would be better for him then a win over gracie I just don't think Ken and Frank would be as exciting... and a rubber match Ken and Royce would be good for both of them and would maybe be a good start to get a Legends league going... there are still alot of fighters who have skills just are starting to look bad because they just can not keep up with the younger talent.
bigbubbano23
6/24/08 11:08:00PM
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pitbull09
6/25/08 12:03:19AM
Heck yes, it only awhile we get to see worth trilogies and this one is over a decade that hasn't been settled. Call me crazy but I really think Ken would win this.
keith-hackney1
6/25/08 5:53:19AM

Posted by Pitbull09

Heck yes, it only awhile we get to see worth trilogies and this one is over a decade that hasn't been settled. Call me crazy but I really think Ken would win this.

I think this win would put ken in the history books once again provided he retired after this fight. Royce won their first fight with a gi choke so he had a huge advantage over shamrock in that fight because he had the gi, The 2nd fight was boring to most but interesting for me. I saw a ken shamrock come out who had studied the gracie style of bjj and he came out with a plan not to get caught. At the re-start he done the damage with the strikes, royce did nothing- although the fight was ruled a draw. royce was carried out of the octagon and shamrock looked fresh even after just fighting for some 36 minutes.
The trilogy would end with shamrock g&p, i think ken has enough left in the tank to beat royce as he has fought the better and physically stronger opponents since their last meeting at ufc 5.
jomatty
6/25/08 10:35:01AM
i thought the first fight ended with a leglock...i must be remembering it wrong.

anyhow id kinda like to see this fight but it is hard for me to see it being very exciting. i think it would actually look a lot like the second fight only with occasional standups. ken would probably be able to not get subbed so he very well may win a decision, unless he gets so tired that he gets caught with something.

im still a huge royce fan though so ill always tune in when he is fighting. he is responsible for getting me into this sport and i think way too many people dont give him the credit he deserves as he is without a doubt the man who made the biggest impact in mma history...imho