Ken Shamrock Injured, Main Event Cancelled!!! *Update** Kimbo vs Petruzelli tonight. 100%

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ken Shamrock Injured, Main Event Cancelled!!! *Update** Kimbo vs Petruzelli tonight. 100%
Next Page »
juanez13
10/4/08 6:32:51PM
MMARated.com has learned that Ken Shamrock sustained a cut above his eye in the last 24 hours while training and WILL NOT be fighting in tonight's main event bout against Kimbo Slice.

EliteXC officials are scrambling to find a last minute replacement for Shamrock. We have heard that Frank Shamrock - who is calling the fight for CBS - offered to step in at the last minute but is ultimately not fighting. EliteXC has offered Slice Seth Petruzelli - who was scheduled to fight Aaron Rosa tonight. As of right now, Kimbo has yet to officially accept the fight.

LINK

\\\

UPdate****
UPDATE: We are now hearing that EliteXC officials may have found a doctor who may clear Shamrock tonight after all. EliteXC may be on the verge of dodging a bullet of epic proportions. Stay tuned...

UPDATE #2: They skipped the Petruzelli vs. Rosa fight. This might mean that Petruzelli is replacing Shamrock after all.

Update #3: Ken Shamrock has left the arena. He is not fighting tonight..
aaa9erh8er
10/4/08 6:35:26PM
ken:here take this razer an cut me so i dont have to fight kimbo
trainer:ok
juanez13
10/4/08 6:35:27PM
Ohh Sh*t!!

LOL, they should get Arlovski to replace Ken instead of Seth
Porch28
10/4/08 6:37:11PM
WTF!!!!!!!! If this is true it really sucks. I'm just getting real tired of all these guys getting hurt in training and promotions have to cancel fights. On a better note I was really looking forward to the Arlovski fight anyway
Aaronno9
10/4/08 6:37:17PM

Posted by juanez13

Ohh Sh*t!!

That would be awesome. I actually think seth could give kimbo trouble if he keeps his distance and uses lots of kicks. Really cant see kimbo accepting the fight though.

Sucks, i was kinda looking forward to the fight.
juanez13
10/4/08 6:40:18PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by juanez13

Ohh Sh*t!!

That would be awesome. I actually think seth could give kimbo trouble if he keeps his distance and uses lots of kicks. Really cant see kimbo accepting the fight though.

They need to Find Kimbo a fight, a blow like this might be the last nail in the coffin for eXC.
Aaronno9
10/4/08 6:43:08PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by juanez13

Ohh Sh*t!!

They need to Find Kimbo a fight, a blow like this might be the last nail in the coffin for eXC.

They should just go old school kimbo, 10 gees to anybody in the crowd who can beat him

Im sure somebody would step up and get knocked out.
Porch28
10/4/08 6:44:10PM
Ken must have talked to Karo last night !!!
Porch28
10/4/08 6:45:26PM

Posted by juanez13

Ohh Sh*t!!

If thats the case then throw him Roy Nelson
postman
10/4/08 6:45:36PM
Junkie confirmed it also.

Junkie
postman
10/4/08 6:46:25PM

Posted by Porch28

Posted by juanez13

Ohh Sh*t!!

Nelson would kill kimbo imo
crushedbacon
10/4/08 6:46:54PM
If this is true I don't know what they can do to save face here. But yes the Arlovski switch would be the best move for everybody that tunes in tonite. However I'm sure there is no way in hell that will happen, considering the corporate consequences that would ensue. Seriously though can you imagine Kimbo going ready to stand toe to toe with the pitbull. Arlovski Kos him in under a minute.

Looking forward to the outcome here.......
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
10/4/08 6:48:52PM
oh please, please, please give him Andrei Arlovski that would be awesome haha
postman
10/4/08 6:50:04PM

Posted by crushedbacon

If this is true I don't know what they can do to save face here. But yes the Arlovski switch would be the best move for everybody that tunes in tonite. However I'm sure there is no way in hell that will happen, considering the corporate consequences that would ensue. Seriously though can you imagine Kimbo going ready to stand toe to toe with the pitbull. Arlovski Kos him in under a minute.

The only ppl AA Kimbo would be good for is the fans and AA. Now if Elite xc wanted to make a switch and prop AA up as the Bad A$$ the koed Kimbo in the first then they might be able to do that but there is NO way Bas lets Kimbo take that fight.
juanez13
10/4/08 6:51:08PM

Posted by Porch28

Posted by juanez13

Ohh Sh*t!!

They need to put Kimbo against a guy he has a good chance to beat, Nelson is not that guy. I put arlovski as a joke becuase he would kill Kimbo.
jlock003
10/4/08 6:54:27PM
Arlovski and Nelson are both under contract with affliction. They can't make those fights happen although it would be a great switch. If they did then they would just have their stars ass beat by some guy from a different organization. I'm just hopin that they make kimbo fight somebody.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
10/4/08 6:57:49PM
theyre going to feed Kimbo someone none of us have heard of probably. I f Kimbo was ready to be a MMA star then fighting Andrei is a good way to earn respect-**** ELite XC early though because they're either going to feed him a can a fat outta shape can or nobody at all, so dumb- I mean there's only 2 other HW on the card so............. and if they're willing to feed Kimbo seth then why not AAron rosa??? because Rosa would work him-I'm tired of Elite XC and their inabilities to step it up and quit hiding Kimbo.
postman
10/4/08 6:58:29PM
Ireally don't think Kimbo is fighting anyone tonight. He nees a 3 moth game plan to fight he isn't the kind of guy that is like Frank Shamrock who can go in on no notice and hold his own. He nees to train what ever game plan Bas gives him just to be able to surive the fight.
npayant
10/4/08 7:00:57PM
Man... I want to see the pictures of Ken's cut!!!!!

Surprise, surprise...something stupid and mysterious coming from Elite XC! I KNEW something weird was going to happen involving this fight...I just thought it would be during the bout. Who trains that hard to get a very serious cut the night before a fight?!?! (that's kind of a serious question...I don't train, so I'm not sure if it's a typical thing or not). All I know is Ken looked perfectly fine less than 24 hours ago! Hmmm....maybe he was hurt all along and they just kept it to themselves so they could sell tickets, etc. etc. (sorry...not trying to start a conspiracy) But seriously, this is not good for an already failing organization!

Let the cirucs known as Elite XC begin!!!!!

dannyfrank
10/4/08 7:03:29PM
well, i think it's safe to say that EXC is f*cked. the best 'thing to do to save the fight would be to put him up against andre, but that's not gonna happen. so their other choices are to put him up against a nobody or remove the fight completely. either way, i think this is the end of EXC
crushedbacon
10/4/08 7:04:22PM

Posted by postman

Posted by crushedbacon

The only ppl AA Kimbo would be good for is the fans and AA. Now if Elite xc wanted to make a switch and prop AA up as the Bad A$$ the koed Kimbo in the first then they might be able to do that but there is NO way Bas lets Kimbo take that fight.

Yeah thats what I was saying...people tuning in tonite (fans). Corporate consequences being their manufactured hardass gets destroyed = waste of all the marketing $ spent building that fake ass persona. Would never go down obviously.
Solidus
10/4/08 7:04:32PM
wtf is up with this stuff happening so often...

I wouldnt mind seeing Frank go against him unlike Ken I dont think he'd have much trouble with Kimbo, but there's no way Kimbo will be fighting.
casey64
10/4/08 7:12:50PM
Damn, I'm pissed, I hope he takes the fight, cause I was looking forward to seeing him fight tonight.
crushedbacon
10/4/08 7:14:06PM
Bring Brett Rodger's in to whip Kimbo's ass. LOL. Elite XC already decided that they didn't like that idea. Wow their screwed.
juanez13
10/4/08 7:14:46PM
UPDATE!!!!: We are now hearing that EliteXC officials may have found a doctor who may clear Shamrock tonight after all. EliteXC may be on the verge of dodging a bullet of epic proportions. Stay tuned...

same link as before!

DCRage
10/4/08 7:14:56PM
The fight MAY, and I emphasize MAY, be back on:

We are now hearing that EliteXC officials may have found a doctor who may clear Shamrock tonight after all. EliteXC may be on the verge of dodging a bullet of epic proportions.

That from BloodyElbow.com a few minutes ago.
postman
10/4/08 7:17:36PM
Man I wish I was an MD in that area that payday might be big enough to retire!
crushedbacon
10/4/08 7:18:52PM

Posted by postman

Man I wish I was an MD in that area that payday might be big enough to retire!

Exactly what I was thinking....good to hear tho
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
10/4/08 7:19:04PM
I like Aaron Rosa against Kimbo, seems reasonable right??
I love Arlovski fighting him and I love even more then that Frank stepping in and he hates Ken but he's still willing to step in and fight, so who is stopping that from happening.
If Frank says I'll do it and he's the lesser weight of the 2 I don't see a f'n problem
Go Frank, Andrei, Roy, Aaron, Seth anyone to crush Kimbo and end elite XC

then maybe the handfull of good fighters Elite xc has accumulated can go somewhere good like ufc or Dream
postman
10/4/08 7:20:58PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

I like Aaron Rosa against Kimbo, seems reasonable right??
I love Arlovski fighting him and I love even more then that Frank stepping in and he hates Ken but he's still willing to step in and fight, so who is stopping that from happening.
If Frank says I'll do it and he's the lesser weight of the 2 I don't see a f'n problem
Go Frank, Andrei, Roy, Aaron, Seth anyone to crush Kimbo and end elite XC

then maybe the handfull of good fighters Elite xc has accumulated can go somewhere good like ufc or Dream

I think you answered your own question.
Pages: [1] 2 3