Ken Griffey Jr. to the Chicago White Sox?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Ken Griffey Jr. to the Chicago White Sox?
emfleek
7/31/08 10:46:11AM
Pending his approval, KGJ may end up on the South side of Chi-town...

STORY

Bad, bad, bad move. They're wanting to use him in Center Field, too. Sorry, but those 38-year old legs can't be considered an upgrade over Swisher...
cowcatcher
7/31/08 11:09:08AM
you just worry about the northside buddy
Twenty20Dollars
7/31/08 12:08:49PM
im not white sox fan, im a royals fan.

but this is such a bad move. So now white sox are going to have to adjust their outfield for KGJ and reduce the playing times of paul and jim(two hitters that equally as powerful if not more than KGJ)

If it aint broke don't fix it, i mean seriously they are in first place and now they are going to mix things up.
DCRage
7/31/08 12:16:51PM
Jr. just approved the deal, so it's on pending Selig's approval. Cincinnati gets Nick Masset and Danny Richar. One side, not sure which one yet, will get cash-it appears to be at least $1 million, an amount enough to need the Commish to approve the deal.

Also appears Manny Ramirez is off to Florida, pending the SAWX & Fish agreeing on the other pieces.
The_Metal_Maniac
7/31/08 6:57:19PM

Posted by DCRage

Jr. just approved the deal, so it's on pending Selig's approval. Cincinnati gets Nick Masset and Danny Richar. One side, not sure which one yet, will get cash-it appears to be at least $1 million, an amount enough to need the Commish to approve the deal.

Also appears Manny Ramirez is off to Florida, pending the SAWX & Fish agreeing on the other pieces.

I doubt they use him in Center Field often. American League equals the place where aging veterans resurrect their carers as designated hitters.
emfleek
7/31/08 7:03:18PM

Posted by roncomanjason

Posted by DCRage

I doubt they use him in Center Field often. American League equals the place where aging veterans resurrect their carers as designated hitters.

Jim Thome is the DH for the White Sox.
DevonFoxy
7/31/08 7:09:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by roncomanjason

Posted by DCRage

Exactly and being so injury prone I don't think Jr. will hurt the White sox horrible but he doesn't have the speed and he's gonna try to hit those burners and mess up a Hamstring or a Groin no doubt about. what ever though my yanks got Pudge and Nady and a reliever.......not to brag or anything
The_Metal_Maniac
7/31/08 7:13:15PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by roncomanjason

Posted by DCRage

They can't put Griffey in Center. His defense is no longer there. They should simply bench Paul Konerko or send him to the minors since he's batting 200. Move Thome to 1st and DH Ken.
candynuts
7/31/08 7:14:34PM
So im guessing Griffey is going to play Center and Swisher at 1B leaving Konerko on the bench? Not too bad of a move I guess (when compared to Swisher and Konerko's stats). Griffey is a good name, but I dont think that this is the move that brings them over the top. Swisher is about at .230ish and Konerko at .214 so I consider it a small boost. That and some extra depth in the lineup.
The_Metal_Maniac
7/31/08 7:14:34PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by emfleek

Posted by roncomanjason

Posted by DCRage

Exactly and being so injury prone I don't think Jr. will hurt the White sox horrible but he doesn't have the speed and he's gonna try to hit those burners and mess up a Hamstring or a Groin no doubt about. what ever though my yanks got Pudge and Nady and a reliever.......not to brag or anything

I hope you were watching what your reliever Marte did in his first appearance for the Yanks. 5 runs?
Sam_Rothstein
8/2/08 3:02:46AM
im excited to see griffey play for the white sox. Ive been a die hard white sox fan since I was a kid and I always hated Griffey because he stole so much of my favorite players spotlight (Big Hurt) but now that he is a white sox I feel like a giddy 13 year old.

I dont think ken was ever a good fit for cincy, I do think hes a great fit for us though. It gives Swisher time off the outfield to play 1b while we try to get konerko out of his slump.

Now we just need to keep those bastard twins off our back