Keith Jardine Won't Fight Rashad Evans For The UFC Title

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Keith Jardine Won't Fight Rashad Evans For The UFC Title
DCRage
2/25/09 11:05:48AM
So says Jardine, another guy putting friendships ahead of fists in UFC. Of course Jardine knows such a fight won't happen anytime soon, even if Jardine beats Quinton Jackson at UFC 96, but Jardine admits that if it is offered it would be "a great problem to have".

Article
wrona666
2/25/09 11:12:53AM
You know i get that they are friends, but come on man it's not like you guys wont be friends anymore after you fight.....If it was me personally i would rather loose my title to a friend then someone i don't care for.......Say he does get lucky enough to make a run and fight for the title it would be a poor choice in my opinion not to take the fight if Rashard is still wearing the belt....
Twenty20Dollars
2/25/09 11:16:03AM
I kinda figured. It would be kinda crazy for jardine to beat rampage and then leapfrog machida for the title shot, unless jardine finished rampage.
sparky
2/25/09 11:38:05AM
Jardine is a true friend!!!!!
wiggum
2/25/09 11:48:06AM

Posted by wrona666

You know i get that they are friends, but come on man it's not like you guys wont be friends anymore after you fight.....If it was me personally i would rather loose my title to a friend then someone i don't care for.......Say he does get lucky enough to make a run and fight for the title it would be a poor choice in my opinion not to take the fight if Rashard is still wearing the belt....

agreed.....if ya cant set aside some things for the better of each other, what kind of friendship is that?...course, i think we all have them friends that would rub it in yer face for the rest of your lives hahaha......the ultimate goal wether fighters want to admit it or not is to be the best and at the pinnacle of the sport, a true friend would oblige you to get there
FantasyFighter
2/25/09 12:01:27PM
The problem is not in one being champion over the other or even the fight itself, but the training for fight. Being in the same weight class and the same camp, I am sure they fight each other all the time. They have probably fought each other a 1,000 times. The problem would be in having a training camp for the fight. Greg Jackson and all of their other training partners could not prepare and help devise a strategy for one of them to fight the other. Making those people choose sides would not be right. That is the real problem.
wrona666
2/25/09 12:08:15PM

Posted by FantasyFighter

The problem is not in one being champion over the other or even the fight itself, but the training for fight. Being in the same weight class and the same camp, I am sure they fight each other all the time. They have probably fought each other a 1,000 times. The problem would be in having a training camp for the fight. Greg Jackson and all of their other training partners could not prepare and help devise a strategy for one of them to fight the other. Making those people choose sides would not be right. That is the real problem.

I get the point you are trying to make here and it is legit, but at the same time your going to throw away a chance at a title shot.......Something that every fighter trains and hopes for their whole career........Come on now....
motorboatensob
2/25/09 12:35:20PM
Jardine won't have to worry about fighting for the title any way Rampage will KO him.
MMAcca
2/25/09 1:03:01PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Jardine won't have to worry about fighting for the title any way Rampage will KO him.

Jardine will never be in a position to decide wether to fight Rashad for the title or not.
prozacnation1978
2/25/09 1:17:40PM
jardine would have to beat rampage then fight one for fight against luis cane or thiago silva to get a title shot
motorboatensob
2/25/09 2:39:30PM
Had he not lost to Wandy he would have a great point. Jardine puts good runs together and the gets a lose he is almost like Forrest. Forrest will get two maybe three good wins and then a lose. Jardine would have to take out a top five guy like Forrest did to jump right into a title shot.
Tein_Lung
2/25/09 3:19:36PM
i think its wishful thinking on Jardenes part thinking he will get a title shot any time soon...
chickmagnet
2/25/09 3:22:39PM
I feel Jardine shouldve got his title shot back after he KO'd Forrest. He shouldve got the shot instead of Rampage, Rampage beat eastman and because he had a victory over Chuck he juped right in line for a title shot. But Jardine shouldve got his back then, but I think the Chuck of then wouldve probably knocked him out, Jardine has always been in a weird position in the LHW division, thats why I would like to see him beat Rampage, no man has beaten both Rampage and Liddell, and Forrest who are some of the greatest to ever grace the octagon.
1daveufc
2/25/09 3:40:08PM
if jardine got past rampage which he wont he wud not get a shot cause machida is next in line.GO RAMPAGE
Gipper
2/25/09 4:24:11PM
i hope jardine beats rampage so some of you will start to respect this guy.

griffin, liddell, vera and maybe rampage.....how the hell can some of you not consider him for a titleshot in the future.
WheelchairBandit
2/25/09 5:42:51PM
Jardine and Rashad know they don't have to fight each other-that belt changes hands so often and there are so many guys at the top of the division that neither guy is going to be forced to fight each other.

BTW,they have fought each other before,on TUF 2.It was a good fight,Rashad beat the hell out of Keith and won a UD,although Rashad said that Keith had him out on his feet twice during the fight.They became friends on the show and that's how Rashad ended up at Jackson's.

If two guys are friends and don't want to fight,I can dig that.For other guys,it's just business.Hell,look at TUF 4-Din Thomas and Chris Lytle trained with each other for their fight!They both said that they already had trained together so much that there was no point in stopping just because they were fighting each other.

WB.

jascri
2/25/09 6:02:01PM
Jardine is in love with Rashad. It's not friendship--a friendship between fighters??
GSPwnzore
2/25/09 7:10:38PM
I almost can't imagine why he'd say something like this. There would have to be at least 5 fighters die in a plane crash before he'd get a shot. At "least" 5... When I first read the title I thought they were just stating the fact haha. If wanderlei did it in 36 seconds, i say itll be 1.5 minutes just because rampage might be a little more reserved than the axe murderer. Either way I think its gonna be a massive beating...
haggiswashere
2/25/09 9:34:48PM
I don't think he would beat rashad anyways
aznteabagger
2/25/09 10:06:53PM
rampage FTW
WheelchairBandit
2/25/09 11:52:37PM
No one gave Jardine a chance against Forrest,and he stopped him cold in the first round.

No one gave Jardine a chance against Chuck,and he dominated him.

And now no one is giving him a chance against Rampage.

I'll admit that I'm not picking Jardine in this fight-this is the worst possible matchup for him-a quick,powerful striker who is also a great wrestler.

BUT,Jardine has two things on his side-one,everyone is counting him out like they have before,which gives him an extra boost.Two,it seems like Rampage is counting him out too-have you seen Rampage latley?That doesn't seem like a guy that's about to go into a dangerous fight in two weeks.On Dana's video blog from UFC 95,he looked kind of soft and out of shape,and he was totally non-chalant,like he didn't even have a fight coming up.Even when Rogan was interviewing him about the fight,it was like it was no big deal.Remember when he was fighting Wandy back in December?He was serious as a friggin heart attack.Now two weeks out he's playing around like the fight is 6 months away.

I still think Rampage is going to win,but don't count Jardine out completley.If Rampage shows up thinking Jardine is going to be a walk in the park,he's going to have a bad night.If Rampage thought Forrest's kicks hurt........

WB.
artofdefense
2/26/09 4:42:51PM

Posted by GSPwnzore

I almost can't imagine why he'd say something like this. There would have to be at least 5 fighters die in a plane crash before he'd get a shot. At "least" 5... When I first read the title I thought they were just stating the fact haha. If wanderlei did it in 36 seconds, i say itll be 1.5 minutes just because rampage might be a little more reserved than the axe murderer. Either way I think its gonna be a massive beating...

Name them. I see only Machida and Rampage as ahead of him for a shot. Let's look at some other top contenders...

Forrest- Coming off a loss, I think he needs 1, maybe 2 wins to get another shot.

Shogun- Needs to beat Chuck and one more guy to prove himself.

Vera- So not even in the conversation, same goes for Wandy

Hendeson- Back to Middleweight

Franklin- Coming off a loss

Who else is their ready for a LHW title shot?
artofdefense
2/26/09 4:53:00PM
No takers? I thought not...