Keith Jardine vs. Wanderlei Silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Keith Jardine vs. Wanderlei Silva
Next Page »
POLL: Who will win this fight?
Keith Jardine 22% (23)
Wanderlei Silva 78% (81)
imanidiot777
2/21/08 8:59:33AM
This fight just got added to the fantasy section so I just noticed it, who is going to win? I think Jardine will pull this one out.
fullerene
2/21/08 9:12:15AM
If Jardine can keep distance he should win. His biggest danger is getting caught in the clinch, but I think his size will make it difficult to close the distance and control him there, particularly after he lands some leg kicks.
Smd277
2/21/08 9:33:23AM
if wanderlei gets back to his old self i think he will take it
emfleek
2/21/08 9:43:35AM
I think Wandy takes it...Rd. 1 TKO/KO.
Aaronno9
2/21/08 9:54:44AM
gsquat
2/21/08 10:10:46AM
Bad matchup for Jardine. Wandy will not sit back like Chuck did. He'll take it to Keith like Houston did. Thats his agressive style, and you saw how Jardine handled that.
StevenSeagal
2/21/08 10:19:43AM

Posted by gsquat

Mad matchup for Jardine. Wandy will not sit back like Chuck did. He'll take it to Keith like Houston did. Thats his agressive style, and you saw how Jardine handled that.

Bad style for Jardine. Wandy KO round 2
gsquat
2/21/08 10:30:11AM

Posted by StevenSeagal

Posted by gsquat

Mad matchup for Jardine. Wandy will not sit back like Chuck did. He'll take it to Keith like Houston did. Thats his agressive style, and you saw how Jardine handled that.

Bad style for Jardine. Wandy KO round 2

Thats what I have happening.
prozacnation1978
2/21/08 11:00:30AM
wandy wins unlike chuck who waits for you wandy will be the aggressive one, jardine is good but not that good to beat them both, should be a great match
pv3Hpv3p
2/21/08 11:12:57AM
It's funny... If you would have asked me a year and a half ago, who'd win in a Jardine/Wanderlei fight... I'd have honestly laughed...

No offense to Jardine, but everyone is writing Wandy off and Jardine is now a top 10 LHW so I hope the win over Chuck doesn't get into his head...

All in all, I agree with the guys that said Wandy's aggresive style > whatever the Deano Meano brings to the table...

On the other hand, I just don't know what's left for Wanderlei if he loses four straight... To me it seems like Wandy is fighting for his carreer while Jardine is just fighting while waiting in line for a title shot... The motivation has to be stronger on Silva's side and hopefully that'll show once they step into the cage...
evilpimp
2/21/08 4:09:09PM
jardine is going to need a real good game plan to beat wand ,man this a tough fight to pick
Boo_Radley21
2/21/08 4:26:26PM
Gotta give it to Jardine.
LuketheDuke
2/21/08 4:47:33PM
Silva by round one knockout. I think he will come out more aggressive than he did against Chuck, and push him against the cage and throw some beastly knees to the dome. I just can't see Silva losing four straight. . .
mkiv9secsupra
2/21/08 4:47:54PM
Wandy by 1st round ko. Wandy is going to rock him and Jardine will try and clinch and when he comes close he will get knocked out by the barrage of hooks. I think Wandy is going to finish him with the knees.

Im glad to see people arent abandoning Wandy after his 3rd loss in a row.
Pookie
2/21/08 5:16:31PM
Wandy by TKO round 1 or 2
iwannabesedated
2/21/08 5:39:30PM
Wandy Rd 1 Ko...
BlazinSaddle
2/21/08 5:46:23PM
wandy knows he messed up in the liddell fight, he'll come out a furious animal and get a KO in the 1st, this is basically do or die for him here, interesting for jardine tho he needs this to be #1 contender i dont see this being enough to stop wandy he took everything chuck had but didnt have the best plan except to slug with chuck in fact he had chuck almost KO'd but you gotta give it up to liddell he dosnt have a glass jaw after all

but wandy is now on a mission to break this losing streak, and i would bet lots of real money on wandy on this one
Franklinfan47
2/21/08 7:15:28PM
Hi, I'm one of the nine people who actually thinks Jardine will win this fight. I will just say this, remember what happend last time everyone doubted Jardine when he fought Liddell? We all saw how that turned out. He beat Liddell, a guy who tuned Wandy up a couple months ago guys. Think about it. Jardine is the real deal people, we should stop underestimating him by now. Christ, he brutally knocked out the man currently in line for the next title shot.
Pookie
2/21/08 7:34:57PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Hi, I'm one of the nine people who actually thinks Jardine will win this fight. I will just say this, remember what happend last time everyone doubted Jardine when he fought Liddell? We all saw how that turned out. He beat Liddell, a guy who tuned Wandy up a couple months ago guys. Think about it. Jardine is the real deal people, we should stop underestimating him by now. Christ, he brutally knocked out the man currently in line for the next title shot.

none of that is good reasoning.
cmill21
2/21/08 7:45:14PM
If wand comes in, and uses his clinch, uses his kicks(better then Jardines) and uses his ground game he should win. If he just goes in a swings theres a much better chance he'll lose.
bls1919
2/21/08 7:48:42PM
I like Jardine as a figter and think he deserves this fight but he is going to be on the wrong end of some hellasious knees and is going to go down hard IMO
Franklinfan47
2/21/08 9:12:34PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Franklinfan47

Listen, just because everyone wants to see Wandy come back in a blaze of glory and score a highlight reel flying knee or watever it is you think is going to happen, it doesnt mean that its actually going to happen. I want Wandy to get a win too, but with his loss to Houston Alexander, consider Jardine's recent victories. Where was wandys huge knockout when he fought liddell? Henderson? Cro Cop?
Pookie
2/21/08 9:17:58PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Franklinfan47

Listen, just because everyone wants to see Wandy come back in a blaze of glory and score a highlight reel flying knee or watever it is you think is going to happen, it doesnt mean that its actually going to happen. I want Wandy to get a win too, but with his loss to Houston Alexander, consider Jardine's recent victories. Where was wandys huge knockout when he fought liddell? Henderson? Cro Cop?

dude im not trying to convince you otherwise, but none of the reasoning in that post has any validity.

People doubted jardine when he fought liddell, and now they're doubting him against silva... So Jardine's going to win this fight too!
Jardine beat chuck, and chuck beat wandy... So Jardine's going to win this fight too!
Jardine beat Forrest and he's the #1 contender... So Jardine's going to win this fight too!

That is essentially what you said, and none of that makes sense.
NatedawgThaM
2/21/08 9:26:15PM
Just when I thought the UFC couldn't kiss Chucks behind anymore. This is obviously once again the UFC treating there fighters like crap. Jardine just beat Chuck and knocked out Forrest who's getting the next title shot. Now there giving him somebody losing 3 straight and somebody who Chuck just beat. They obviously want Wandy to get back to the PRIDE Wandy and KO Jardine so it looks more and more like Chuck actually deserves a title shot.

Complete BS. It should be a good fight though but a crappy way to treat Jardine by giving him this fight when he should be fighting Rampage. I will pick Jardine though because if freakin Liddell can pick Wandy apart, I'll give an even more technical striker who picked Chuck part a better chance to win.

Jardine by UD.
BlazinSaddle
2/21/08 9:39:30PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Just when I thought the UFC couldn't kiss Chucks behind anymore. This is obviously once again the UFC treating there fighters like crap. Jardine just beat Chuck and knocked out Forrest who's getting the next title shot. Now there giving him somebody losing 3 straight and somebody who Chuck just beat. They obviously want Wandy to get back to the PRIDE Wandy and KO Jardine so it looks more and more like Chuck actually deserves a title shot.

Complete BS. It should be a good fight though but a crappy way to treat Jardine by giving him this fight when he should be fighting Rampage. I will pick Jardine though because if freakin Liddell can pick Wandy apart, I'll give an even more technical striker who picked Chuck part a better chance to win.

Jardine by UD.

well... he beats forrest who was not a top 10 when he beat him, then he lost to houston (not a top 10) than he wins a very close fight with chuck, thus 2-1 in 3 fights, win than loss than win, the guy needs another win, and so does forrest also being 2-1 in 3 fights however he won 2 in a row which dosnt really matter but its convienient for dana to give forrest the shot cus of TUF and for some reason him getting his way because of being popular ala the chuck liddell treatment, all the undefeated LHW's are the ones getting the bad end of things (thiago, rashad and lyoto)

i think your upset that jardine is most likely gonna lose and you think he should get some sort of werdum treatment type title shot (even tho werdum didnt get that shot after all) come on jardine needs another win and if he beats wandy he sure earned it, chuck wont get past shogun anyway so dont worry about chuck getting another shot at page
Franklinfan47
2/21/08 10:28:11PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Franklinfan47

dude im not trying to convince you otherwise, but none of the reasoning in that post has any validity.

People doubted jardine when he fought liddell, and now they're doubting him against silva... So Jardine's going to win this fight too!
Jardine beat chuck, and chuck beat wandy... So Jardine's going to win this fight too!
Jardine beat Forrest and he's the #1 contender... So Jardine's going to win this fight too!

Well one I never said Jardine would win because he beat forrest, I was simply saying that in the argument that people should stop underestimating him. Second, I never said Jardine will win because he beat Liddell or because he's the underdog in this fight. They are, however, contributing factors to why I THINK he will take this fight. I haven't seen a very convincing argument to the contrary except for maybe "WAR WANDY" or "Wandys gonna throw some heat at Jardine!"
Pookie
2/21/08 10:33:13PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Franklinfan47

Well one I never said Jardine would win because he beat forrest, I was simply saying that in the argument that people should stop underestimating him. Second, I never said Jardine will win because he beat Liddell or because he's the underdog in this fight. They are, however, contributing factors to why I THINK he will take this fight. I haven't seen a very convincing argument to the contrary except for maybe "WAR WANDY" or "Wandys gonna throw some heat at Jardine!"

no but you insinuated that those reasons were why he would win, you never said any of your "contributing factors" so how would anybody know that your post wasn't your true rationale? See what im getting at?
Dastardly1
2/21/08 10:39:17PM
Silva beat Jardine within 2rds. he's gonna come right at Keith, not stand and wait like Chuck did and take leg kicks.
Aaronno9
2/21/08 10:40:08PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Jardine by UD.

While i agree with what your saying, ive got to ask, what would you rather jardine did? sat around and waited for the jackson griffin fight, then mabeys got his shot in the winter, or fought some other good competition in between? Also, i dont know why you want to use this to have a dig at chuck. It might be argued keith has better technical striking, but it seems sombodys argues that case with whoever chuck fights, and i just dont agree with it. And hes got nowhere near as much power, so it should be easier for wandy to close the distance and get a clinch or takedown. I think you've got to remeber that keith also dropped fights to alexander and bonnar over the last 2 years, both of whom might not even be top 20.
DevonFoxy
2/21/08 10:48:22PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Jardine by UD.

You forget to mention he got floored by Houston Alexander who by no means is a top ten fighter between his win against Forrest and Chuck and thats why i believe he is not getting a title shot.
I don't think one more fight could hurt his resume for a title shot.
Pages: [1] 2