Keith Jardine signs with Strikeforce, replaces Mike Kyle against Gegard Mousasi on April 9

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Keith Jardine signs with Strikeforce, replaces Mike Kyle against Gegard Mousasi on April 9
ThaAxeMurderer7
4/1/11 11:49:28PM
Keith Jardine is back with Zuffa. No, not the UFC, but with Strikeforce as the former Ultimate Fighter contestant has signed with the promotion and will step in for the injured Mike Kyle to take on Gegard Mousasi on April 9 at the "Diaz vs. Daley" event in San Diego.

Link
TeamDEY
4/2/11 12:03:14AM
Good to hear for Keith Jardine. I think this was a great move for him.
Budgellism
4/2/11 12:04:25AM
Oh wow, I didn't see this coming. I love it. I'm picking Mousasi but I like Jardine in Strikeforce.
Twenty20Dollars
4/2/11 12:11:15AM
Idk if this was a great move by Jardine considering the fight is in about a week and it is mousasi, but would be good for him to win.

I mean the signing to SF is good, as they need more LHW's.
jgtribbett
4/2/11 12:14:34AM
jardine will be a solid addition to SF, but he wont win this fight Imo
Bloodhound
4/2/11 1:11:25AM
Mousasi by either t/ko or sub, don't see a way Jardine can win this fight
BigCountryFedor
4/2/11 1:19:49AM
This has career ending knockout all over it. Goodnight again, Keith
Chael_Sonnen
4/2/11 2:43:55AM
Gegard by 1st rd 187.
MiniMan
4/2/11 6:56:50AM
Jardine is two fights away from becoming champion of the world! Shame he wont win either...
RearNakedJoke
4/2/11 10:18:49AM
Where has he been training? last i heard he said he was sticking by Rashad. i cant see him being prepared for this fight. Must be a fat paycheck.
mrsmiley
4/2/11 10:21:57AM
I think their are a lot better fights for Jardine at this point in his career rather than taking on one of the biggest LHW prospects returning to make a point.
I think Jardine only has about a 10-15% chance of winning this but who knows what might happen.
SmileR
4/2/11 10:41:11AM
I hope Keith wins. Mousasi has to many holes in his game to become an elite fighter and for some reason I really Keith. Hopefully he takes Mousasi down wears him down to either a late stoppage or UD.
prozacnation1978
4/2/11 10:45:19AM
Go jardine!!!!!

Good pickup but with a week of training and mousasi to fight
The deck is heavily stacked against him, I will be rooting him on for the upset!!
FastKnockout
4/2/11 11:39:47AM
I like Jardine, just don't see any way that he can win this fight.
icantthinkofanything
4/2/11 11:51:23AM
Trevor Prangley deserves the fight because he beat Jardin recently, but styles make fights, and Jardine has a chance here. If Jardine can push the pace non stop, I see Gegard getting tired in the third round. Jardine has outstruck better strikers before, Vera, Liddel, did well vs Rampage, but Jardine has not been winning recently so I expect him to be ko'd in the first, Jardine has a good chin, but getting hit clean will put you out regardless.
Wolfenstein
4/2/11 11:59:09AM
If Jardine utilizes his wrestling, I can definitely see him pulling off an upset. If he chooses instead to bang with Gegard, most likely it will be an early night. Mousasi is certainly the favorite but he has some major holes in his game that can be exposed by an experienced well-rounded fighter like Jardine.
Twenty20Dollars
4/2/11 12:07:32PM
I could see Jardine getting a title shot against Henderson if he wins.

Jardine says he has a hard time turning down fights.
Budgellism
4/2/11 12:29:28PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I could see Jardine getting a title shot against Henderson if he wins.

Jardine says he has a hard time turning down fights.

The winner of this fight is probably getting a title shot regardless of who it is.
DeadHead988
4/2/11 2:38:27PM

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Trevor Prangley deserves the fight because he beat Jardin recently, but styles make fights, and Jardine has a chance here. If Jardine can push the pace non stop, I see Gegard getting tired in the third round. Jardine has outstruck better strikers before, Vera, Liddel, did well vs Rampage, but Jardine has not been winning recently so I expect him to be ko'd in the first, Jardine has a good chin, but getting hit clean will put you out regardless.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was first offered to Prangley but he turned it down. Jardine's just one of those guys who is willing to fight no matter what. Much respect!
ncordless
4/2/11 3:12:14PM
/

Posted by SmileR

I hope Keith wins. Mousasi has to many holes in his game to become an elite fighter and for some reason I really Keith. Hopefully he takes Mousasi down wears him down to either a late stoppage or UD.

What are the holes besides not being able to stop a takedown from King Mo?

I'd say Keith has way more holes in his game, with the biggest one being his complete inability to stop a left hook.

Mousasi knows how to throw one, so I favor Mousasi.
GSPCanada
4/2/11 4:13:04PM
Jardine has underrated wrestling, but not good enough wrestling to take gegard down, ontop of that jardine has a soft chin that's only getting weaker every time, and mousasi is an excellent boxer. I feel the same way as the rest of the playground
Boo_Radley21
4/2/11 7:59:19PM
Tough debut but good to see him signed by another big organization.
Lesnar1
4/2/11 9:20:15PM
"The Dean Of Mean" is back talk about a tough fight to prep for espicially on like 2 weeks notice. I think Keith will beat Mousasi by decision. Most people will pick Mousasi but 2 weeks isn't enough time to prepare for a style like Jardine's. I'm glad to see Jardine back on the big stage of mma.
noahgenda
4/4/11 12:27:35PM
what are these multiple holes in gegards game people are talking about? he has the same problem 90% of european fighters seem to have in takedown defense, but other than that he is pretty slick and technical imo

ooops, i see cordless already made this same point
Hendo67
4/4/11 12:52:26PM
I disagee with Jardine having a good chin.