Who is next for Keith Jardine?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who is next for Keith Jardine?
Next Page »
AussiePride
4/9/09 5:20:39AM
Keith looked great in his fight against rampage at UFC 96 and was close to winning that fight. I havent heard any news about an upcoming opponent but if any of you boys have heard anything or have any opinions throw in some thoughts

the winner of Irvin McFedriescould fight jardine and that would make for an entertaining fight no matter who wins.

The winner of Wanderlei Vs Franklin would be a good opponent for Keith also.
Im sure a rematch between Wandy and Keith would be great.

The winner of the cantwell cane fight would be a good match for keith also.

slapshot
4/9/09 5:55:57AM
My guess would be the winner of the cantwell cane fight.
babytater03
4/9/09 7:59:37AM
Jardine is probably the biggest paradox i see in teh UFC. he's never had a huge outpouring of love from the fans and yet he's fought some of the toughest guys in the toughest division since coming onto TUF. He's had immensely entertaining fights, real nail biters like the Liddell fight, and yet he's never had that...."stuff" to get propelled into top tier promotional ability.

i dont know if that even makes sense.

I love watching him fight. He always brings it and doesn't leave the cage without putting in 120 % every fight.

War Jardine, whoever he gets next.
gartface
4/9/09 9:33:11AM

Posted by slapshot

That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread.
Twenty20Dollars
4/9/09 11:55:34AM
tomasz Drwal
tim boetsch
jason brilz
Matt Hamill
The_Ho_Bag
4/9/09 11:57:29AM
jardine vs Cane will be an all out war i dont see it leaving the 1st
pv3Hpv3p
4/9/09 12:11:52PM
I don't think a Wanderlei reamatch makes much sense for Wand right now...

And I think if Cane wins, he should get a better matchup (Winner of Chuck / Shogun IMO)... It would be a good natural step for Cantwell if he can get past Cane (easier said than done)

If I were to see Keith take a rematch I'd rather it be against Vera... So I guess I'll say the winner of the Vera / Hamill fight should fight Jardine next
prozacnation1978
4/9/09 12:47:16PM
he should fight jason briltz but i think winner of cantwell/cane fight as well
KaibaThedon
4/9/09 12:54:38PM
Yea, I would say Luiz Cane is a pretty good fight
loller90278
4/9/09 1:08:40PM
i wish drawl so drawl can become a contender... that guy is a beast
1daveufc
4/9/09 3:06:56PM
Tiago Silva or the loser of chuck/shogun
warglory
4/9/09 6:00:48PM
I agree with Thiago Silva, that would be a friggin war!
nickcuc547
4/9/09 6:53:15PM

Posted by warglory

I agree with Thiago Silva, that would be a friggin war!

it would be a great fight but silva is rumored to be fighting forrest next, i think at ufc 101 or 102. i gotta say the winner of cane vs. cantwell would be a perfect opponent, but i think we will see a surprise here, the ufc may throw keith a bone for the first time since they gave him houston alexander.
Pookie
4/9/09 7:02:09PM
Id really like to see Rich Franklin fight Kieth Jardine
Mayhem13
4/10/09 10:10:50AM
if Cantwell wins, then him.
If Cane wins, then I think he should fight the winner of Stann/Krystoff or even someone like Mark Munoz
slapshot
4/10/09 10:36:32AM

Posted by Pookie

I dont think thats a good fight for ace.
LakieMan
4/10/09 10:44:23AM
Matt Hamill anyone??
Mayhem13
4/10/09 10:54:29AM

Posted by LakieMan

Matt Hamill anyone??

hes fighting in august...so that may be too long a layoff for Jardien by the time the time they fight it would be like october or so.. which is almsot 8 months off
nickcuc547
4/10/09 1:25:36PM
Houston Alexander rematch??? I kind of want to see this.
AussiePride
4/10/09 11:51:33PM
Jardine deserves a big name, not krystoff or brilz or anyone like that, Cane would be ok but hes a great fighter, he doesnt need to waste his time with guys like that.
bls1919
4/11/09 1:11:43AM
There a lot of interesting fights for Jardine. Thiago Silva would be my pick. It would be a war. He could also get Cane after he destroys Cantwell. That would be most disapointing for me. I really like Cane and dislike seeing Jardine lose. but life goes on. Whoever he fights, it will be a stud. no cans left for Keith.
CwB
4/11/09 5:39:17PM

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Pookie

I dont think thats a good fight for ace.

I do, thats the fight i hope happens more then any other opponent for jardine
LakieMan
4/12/09 11:14:00AM

Posted by Mayhem13

Posted by LakieMan

Matt Hamill anyone??

hes fighting in august...so that may be too long a layoff for Jardien by the time the time they fight it would be like october or so.. which is almsot 8 months off

Ah this is true, maybe Houston Alexander rematch maybe.
bls1919
4/12/09 11:38:46AM
I dont see Joe Silva putting Alexander in there with Jardine again. Even though he won the first fight against Jardine. I think they will try to slowly build Houston back up.
mkiv9secsupra
4/12/09 12:53:07PM
Winner of Liddell/Shogun gets my vote. Liddell vs Jardine 2 is a fight ive been waiting to see since about 4:59 of round 3 of there last fight. And if its not Liddell then i still want to see Jardine tear through shogun!!!!
copcopps
4/12/09 1:07:34PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by slapshot

That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread.

At first I wasn't sure then I realized that Cantwell and Cane are probably the only two people that are nameworthy to fight Jardine
FedortoAll
4/13/09 4:01:01PM
I'd like to see a Griffin/Jardine rematch this year.

In the time being though, I'd like to see Jardine catch a break and fight a non-top ten fighter. Luis Cane would be a dangerous match-up for him, and it would really be a scrappy bout, so I'd be down for that.. should Cane beat Cantwell on saturday (which I think he will).
4u2nv
4/13/09 9:57:25PM
Ya i agree! Griffin/ Jardine match would be sweet to see.
NatedawgThaM
4/13/09 10:56:27PM
I think honestly he gets the winner of Cantwell/Cane which I think will be Cane. He'll get a rising up and comer so it's a win/win situation, either one of them beat him and it adds a great win to their resume on the way up or it shows Jardine is still a great fighter, just can't squeeze into the top 3 though and take that title and just be a big fight for all the exciting up and comers. Even though I'd favor him over Rashad since Jardine whoops on everybody that does not just charge at him except Rampage because Rampages big blows overshadowed his small shots and gave him the win. But I think he'd easily avoid that overhand right and just pick him apart on the feet. Maybe the old Rashad would come out though, the wrestler, and could take the win that way.

Either way jardines a beast though and does not get near enough credit.

TsekaPrivet
4/14/09 4:04:35AM
He SHOULD get a lower tier to fight, but this being the UFC they're probably going to send him against someone like the loser of Griffin/Silva seeing as how popular he became after his bout with Rampage.
Pages: [1] 2