Keith Jardine: I'm Fighting Brandon Vera At UFC 89

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Keith Jardine: I'm Fighting Brandon Vera At UFC 89
Next Page »
DCRage
7/23/08 12:19:22PM
Making an appearance on an Albuquerque radio show today, Keith Jardine said he's fighting Brandon Vera at UFC 89 in England. The fight has not yet been announced by UFC.

Article
Aaronno9
7/23/08 12:22:59PM
Should be a good fight, Brandons not going to beable to coast this one like he did in his last fight.
SpiderSilva
7/23/08 12:26:46PM
well thats a tough call who will win
Jshep714
7/23/08 12:28:46PM
yes it is but I don't think it will to the ground at all. 89 is the free one isn't? Should be good to see two guys throwing bombs on free tv
DCRage
7/23/08 12:39:24PM
It's not a done deal yet but word is UFC & Spike are close to a deal. It may hinge on whether or not Anderson Silva's next fight is moved to 89 from 88-it's being discussed as a possibility but is far from a done deal.
KYGUY07
7/23/08 12:43:04PM
This should be goodfight vera is gonna actually have to do something in this fight, I like jardine in this one 2nd round tko
stock
7/23/08 12:46:44PM
This should be a good fight, and I agree, very difficult to pick the winner.

I guess it depends which Vera and Jardine shows up for the fight.
babalu2720
7/23/08 1:01:29PM

Posted by stock

This should be a good fight, and I agree, very difficult to pick the winner.

I guess it depends which Vera and Jardine shows up for the fight.

Well to be fair to Jardine, its not like he didn't show up to the Wandy fight, he just doesn't like someone in his face applying constant pressure, like the Houston fight. This is a tough fight to call, but Vera in his victory against Reese has showed me no more than Jardine in defeat, and Vera has not been overly agressive in his last few fights.
juanez13
7/23/08 1:01:30PM
I'll take Vera if this fight ends up happening, should be good, especially for free.
DiabloFreak56
7/23/08 1:01:31PM
im really liking how vera wants to fight alot
Jshep714
7/23/08 1:11:47PM
I'm suprised that the UFC is making this happen usually when someone moves down or a good guy comes into the UFC they feed him cans left and right.
Twenty20Dollars
7/23/08 1:13:27PM
This fight could be a snoozer, but then again i could be wrong. Im hoping they both bounce back and put on a war. Vera should be better conditioned this time around.
IriShame
7/23/08 1:14:26PM
Props to Vera for taking this fight but I just don't see him pulling it off. He doesn't have the kind of monster power that Wandy and Houston have so I don't see him getting the big KO here. Vera is the kind of striker that Jardine picks apart with leg kicks and unorthodox punches. I see Jardine getting a 3rd round TKO or possibly a decision.
SpiderSilva
7/23/08 1:18:02PM
I think its Vera trying to prove to himself that he is a boring fighter and is better than he has been as of late
nickcuc547
7/23/08 1:19:49PM
I'm pulling hard for jardine but i gotta say vera, too big and explosive.
MaxOne
7/23/08 1:24:40PM
if and it's a big if vera has adapted to cutting to 205 by this fight then it's vera all day. IF not, then it's jardine. If Jardine was the one fighting vera instead of reese...vera would have lost.
wrona666
7/23/08 1:31:17PM
IMO as long as Vera gets his weight cut down and is in good condition i see him taking Jardine out with some brutal knees in the clinch, but he is going to have to go after Jardine and put constant pressure on him...If Vera lets up there is a good chance he will get KO'd, but im going with Vera 2nd rd KO....
kaduey
7/23/08 1:40:14PM
I'm kind of surprised you guys feel that Jardine will beat Vera or will give him a really good fight. Vera didn't do good against Reese Andy because he was worried about takedowns the whole fight, this will be different. Jardine will stand and get knocked out within 2 minutes.
TWITA
7/23/08 2:15:02PM

Posted by kaduey

I'm kind of surprised you guys feel that Jardine will beat Vera or will give him a really good fight. Vera didn't do good against Reese Andy because he was worried about takedowns the whole fight, this will be different. Jardine will stand and get knocked out within 2 minutes.

Agree that this will be a standup war. We'll see lot's of good striking in this one. I'm hoping for a BV KO in round 2.
cmill21
7/23/08 2:24:16PM
If Vera attacks he'll demolish Jardine, but if he stays on the outside and just uses his reach Keith could get into a groove and take it.
loonytnt
7/23/08 2:32:23PM
i see this fight being fight of the night, keith has to win this fight, ufc has gave him no love so imo 1 more loss = later, and vera's last fight was not worth 200k, he is going to go 110% so i think this is a great fight at a great time
thesteven5918
7/23/08 3:58:43PM
jardine is a trooper but imma have to give it to vara IF he can cut the weight a little better than against andy...
coldchillin
7/23/08 4:42:40PM
Vera is the more skilled fighter on the feet and the ground. I expect Vera to win this rather easily as long as he learns to cut weight properly.
Wolfenstein
7/23/08 4:43:46PM
Seriously, I was pretty dissapointed the Thiago Alves vs Sanchez fight was moved, but this card is just getting stacked again. It just keeps getting better. This is the card I'm most looking forward to.

If Vera can't handle the cut this time, he's in trouble. I think Keith is going to destroy him when the cardio tank runs out on Vera.
nastshabast
7/23/08 5:26:53PM
KJ better win this one. Vera continues to bore me over and over.
whardin19
7/23/08 5:37:01PM
Lots of people picking Vera to win this fight. I like Vera also but his last 3 fights have really dissapointed me. Until he proves me wrong and beats down someone like Jardine. I'm not going to pick him against top level talent.

I'm really suprised at not alot of people picking Jardine either. Must have forgotten the win against Liddell. I know he lost to Silva but Vera isn't a in your face fighter like Silva or Alexander. He's going to have a better chance because Vera likes to pick his shots. It looked like Vera was trying to counter punch in his last fight and Jardine tore apart the last counter puncher (Liddell) he faced.

Jardine wins with TKO close to the end of the 2nd round.
RMFG_187
7/23/08 5:45:45PM
Vera Round 1 KO.
Bowen50
7/23/08 5:59:38PM
Vera is going to destroy Jardine. not as bad as Wanderlei but it'll be impressive. hopefully its a head kick.
prozacnation1978
7/23/08 6:48:03PM
i call bullshit!!!!
i think this will be co main eventto ufc 90
if this indeed stands than i say the rumored thiago vs machida will move to ufc 90 maybe as main event
kaskd
7/23/08 8:02:04PM
Wow, Vera is trying really really really hard to erase his losses. He's just taking fight after fight without any time off. I like Vera, but his last fights have been pretty boring, but this against Jardine is a smart move. It pretty much guarantees a knock out and an exciting fight.

-i should add it's only smart if he wins, because i have Jardine by KO Rd 1. These two will go after each other, or Vera will fight not to lose and get KO'd Rd 2 ;)
Pages: [1] 2