Kawajiri vs Sherk ???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kawajiri vs Sherk ???
« Previous Page
hippysmacker
2/23/07 6:03:39PM

Posted by ac_gi

Too bad this matchup will never happen.

Hey the UFC just got Werdum, why not Crusher. They are already talking about Kid , and talking about expanding into Japan. Kawajiri has to be one of the most, exciting, respected, fighter's in the world. He's a rock star in Japan. They get Kid and Crusher and they are on the way to making a good start in Japan.
Punishment
2/23/07 6:06:29PM

Posted by Punishment

Sherks grappling power, when he gets a hold of you would be too much for Kawajiri... I seee this fight going to a decision with Sherk on top of Kawajiri peppering him with shots for 3 Rds... or possibly even a TKO stoppage... if he made Kawajiri work on the ground , he can possibly tire em out and get a dominant position like Mount/Side mount and finish the fight

I dunno man, i know Kawajiri has awesome TD defense, but Sherk is just a machine, I think he'd beable to take him down at will
ac_gi
2/23/07 6:07:55PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ac_gi

Hey the UFC just got Werdum, why not Crusher. They are already talking about Kid , and talking about expanding into Japan. Kawajiri has to be one of the most, exciting, respected, fighter's in the world. He's a rock star in Japan. They get Kid and Crusher and they are on the way to making a good start in Japan.

Good point. I would love to see it.
Snacks
2/24/07 7:16:19AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ac_gi

UFC is not getting KID. Kawajiri isn't exactly a "rock star" in japan, in fact he's really known to people who actually watch Kakutougi there.
Snacks
2/24/07 7:21:36AM

Posted by Punishment

Sherks grappling power, when he gets a hold of you would be too much for Kawajiri... I seee this fight going to a decision with Sherk on top of Kawajiri peppering him with shots for 3 Rds... or possibly even a TKO stoppage... if he made Kawajiri work on the ground , he can possibly tire em out and get a dominant position like Mount/Side mount and finish the fight

Yeah, I mean, Shaolin, who is infinitely better at passing the guard than Sherk, totally showed that a strong top postion grappler could really mess Kawajiri up back in 2002.

Also, Kawajiri's guard is active and he's strong enough to hit sweeps that most others can't hit. Not to mention his ability to get up seemingly at will.
ac_gi
2/24/07 8:29:07AM

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Punishment

Yeah, I mean, Shaolin, who is infinitely better at passing the guard than Sherk, totally showed that a strong top postion grappler could really mess Kawajiri up back in 2002.

Also, Kawajiri's guard is active and he's strong enough to hit sweeps that most others can't hit. Not to mention his ability to get up seemingly at will.

I think you are underestimating Sherk's strength. He was strong at WW, now he is really strong a LW. Sherk doesn't pass the guard very much, he will stay in the guard and do the traditional GnP. I think this would be a great fight, you seem to think it would be a walk in the park for Kawajiri.
Snacks
2/24/07 11:08:01AM

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Punishment

I think you are underestimating Sherk's strength. He was strong at WW, now he is really strong a LW. Sherk doesn't pass the guard very much, he will stay in the guard and do the traditional GnP. I think this would be a great fight, you seem to think it would be a walk in the park for Kawajiri.

You seem to forget that Kawajiri apparently throws Ryuta Sakurai around.
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/2/07 1:09:09PM
So now that Diaz upset Gomi, Who would be the victor in this bout?

Anyone care to switch their opinion?
Pages: 1 [2]