Katt Williams

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Katt Williams
george112
11/2/08 12:49:17PM
I just heard that Katt Williams died in a plane crash.

has anyone else heard this??

for those of you who dont kno.katt williams is a comedian.

lets hope this is just a stupid rumor..
juanez13
11/2/08 1:18:34PM
Supposedly it is all a joke, he isnt dead.

Just talked to a friend and he said the story was bs.
george112
11/2/08 1:20:40PM
dang mean joke
nastshabast
11/2/08 1:26:58PM
not true. Katt Williams is the P4P comedy champ though.
nastshabast
11/2/08 1:28:12PM

Posted by george112

It's not like you don't have the ENTIRE INTERNET at your fingertips.
cmb19932
11/2/08 1:31:47PM
thank god i love katt
george112
11/2/08 1:59:08PM

Posted by nastshabast

Posted by george112

well first off.i did search an didnt find anything.WHICH is the reason i asked about it on this forum..second.do u think if i would have found something i would have asked if it was a rumor or not..no i dont think i would have..i would have made the thread to honor katt.not ask if hes really dead or not
nastshabast
11/2/08 2:42:02PM

Posted by george112

Posted by nastshabast

Posted by george112

well first off.i did search an didnt find anything.WHICH is the reason i asked about it on this forum..second.do u think if i would have found something i would have asked if it was a rumor or not..no i dont think i would have..i would have made the thread to honor katt.not ask if hes really dead or not

ok sorry dude. i'm over it, definatly swallowed my heart for a minute.
Rush
11/2/08 3:04:11PM
I did a google search for "Katt Williams died in a plane crash" and got 10 pages of hits.
nastshabast
11/2/08 3:18:32PM

Posted by Rush

I did a google search for "Katt Williams died in a plane crash" and got 10 pages of hits.

New DVD comes out in 9 days...
george112
11/2/08 3:29:51PM

Posted by Rush

all i typed in the search was Katt Williams.and nothing came up about him dying.so i assumed since nothing came up about his death.that maybe it had JUST happened and hadnt made it to the internet yet.so i thought hey.why dont i ask the playground.and thats exactly wat i did
grappler0000
11/2/08 3:36:39PM

Posted by george112

Posted by Rush

all i typed in the search was Katt Williams.and nothing came up about him dying.so i assumed since nothing came up about his death.that maybe it had JUST happened and hadnt made it to the internet yet.so i thought hey.why dont i ask the playground.and thats exactly wat i did

If you just google his name, you'll find everything there is to know about him...you need to narrow down your search. My suggestion would be to google "Katt Williams died in a plane crash" as Rush suggested...but if you just search for his name, at least use google news so the latest news articles about him will show up. This would of pointed to several stories discussing the rumor.
Naturaldisaster
11/2/08 4:33:58PM
I doubt its true, It supposedly happened yesterday at 4 am. No news stations have said anything about it. Its not on BET.com. or msn, yahoo, etc. I think its just a fake rumor
george112
11/2/08 4:42:54PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by george112

Posted by Rush

If you just google his name, you'll find everything there is to know about him...you need to narrow down your search. My suggestion would be to google "Katt Williams died in a plane crash" as Rush suggested...but if you just search for his name, at least use google news so the latest news articles about him will show up. This would of pointed to several stories discussing the rumor.

on the contrary..i bet if you would have just searched "bernie mac" on the day of his death.multiple links would have come up about him passing away..AND i didnt kno about a plane crash.all i knew was that he died somehow..i use MSN by the way..thats how i found out about bernie.so naturally i went to msn and didnt see anything.so i searched his name.found nothing.an came to the playground.which resulted in me gettin ganged up on for not knoing that he supposedly died ina plane crash.and for not knoing how to search
dannyfrank
11/2/08 4:57:36PM
every website i've seen says it's a hoax. i wouldn't worry about it
grappler0000
11/2/08 5:13:02PM

Posted by george112

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by george112

Posted by Rush

on the contrary..i bet if you would have just searched "bernie mac" on the day of his death.multiple links would have come up about him passing away..AND i didnt kno about a plane crash.all i knew was that he died somehow..i use MSN by the way..thats how i found out about bernie.so naturally i went to msn and didnt see anything.so i searched his name.found nothing.an came to the playground.which resulted in me gettin ganged up on for not knoing that he supposedly died ina plane crash.and for not knoing how to search

If you didn't know, then ya didn't know...not trying to bust your balls. People are trying to help you easily debunk these sorts of things in the future on your own. The first mistake is using MSN...some search engine's may return more results than google, but none seem to be nearly as efficient. If you were to do a quick google news search for Katt Williams, here is the result. No need to look any further than the first 3 articles.

Edit: if you want my advice for determining the truth to a rumor, just check 3 places. (1) Google News, (2) Snopes.com, (3) The person's personal website. I can almost guarantee that one of the 3 will have what you are looking for.

Rush
11/2/08 5:20:24PM
Nobody is ganging up on you. We're just trying to show you how to search the web more thoroughly because we feel that it should be an easy thing to find.

For example:

If you just type "Kat Williams" into google, the first hit is wikipedia. On the wikipedia page, there is an external link named "Katt Williams Plane Crash Rumor"

You did say you heard that he died if you type "Kat Williams died" in google, you still get a ton of hits regarding the plane crash rumour.

My advice is to steer clear of MSN, Yahoo, etc. for new searches. Use google and learn to use which search words can give you the results you want. Here is some advice.

Wikipedia - there are tons of people out there that have nothing to do but to update the site. Usually certain news items are updated within hours if not minutes of them hitting the web.

Blogs - typing in "+blog" to whatever your search is in google, will direct you to blogs about the topic. These are generally longer lived than news articles, which have a tendency to be lost after a few days.

rapidshare or megaupload - if you want to look for files that can be downloaded, you can always add "+ rapidshare" (or megaupload) with your search. For example. UFC+90+rapidshare will turn up tons of hits to download the event.

Again, nobody is reaming you out, but at the same time you should learn to search things properly because eventually it will look like you are too lazy to look yourself.
higdon10
11/2/08 7:22:49PM

Posted by nastshabast

not true. Katt Williams is the P4P comedy champ though.

This is true.