Karo speaks on Alves, TUF, a tile shot..... and Manny???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Karo speaks on Alves, TUF, a tile shot..... and Manny???
jae_1833
3/17/08 11:26:21PM
link
Title says it all...he no comments when asked about Manny, but otherwise an interesting read.
KB24
3/17/08 11:33:46PM
I REALLY hope Alves smashes him out
gartface
3/17/08 11:36:22PM
Good stuff.
"Karo Parisyan: Yes, for sure. Definitely if I win. I have paid my dues. I was injured and many other guys get the shot when they come back from the injury but I never got my shot. I deserve it if I win again."

Says it all.
Manak
3/17/08 11:53:12PM
if karo wins then him or fitch is next, they both have paid their dues so i say let one of them fight for the title then let the other get next, would love to see them thought, it would make a great fight. but in all seriousness i dont see anyone of them comin close to GSP (GSP should get past serra but shit can happen). I say let fitch fight for the title if GSP wins (since karo has already lost to GSP) but "if" serra win then Karo since he has already beatin him. The WW div has been on hold for to long with tuf and hughes, so it's time to start this so who ever has the belt "GSP cough cough" is gonna be very busy for away.
jae_1833
3/18/08 12:04:36AM

It's all lined up, baring a suprise KO by Thiago then this is how it should go...Fitch #1 contender followed by Karo. What to do if Thiago gets the W is an interesting question though isn't it? I mean is he really ready/deserving of a title shot???
gartface
3/18/08 12:23:44AM

Posted by KB24

I REALLY hope Alves smashes him out

I know everyone has their own opinion, and a lot of people don't like Karo on this site, but I was wondering why don't you like him?
ufcboss
3/18/08 12:55:10AM
I respect Karo alot, He is very talented.

I dislike him because of what I seen on TUF5, All that smack talk he was doing and I seen him as a big head, That created my dislike for him. I dont hate him or anything, Just dont like him.

I still think Fitch should be number one contender, With all them wins a row, Cmon.

Chuck in some MMATH, Fitch>Diego>Karo! I know it pointless, But had to throw it out there!

PS. I wonder what happened with Manny?
bullettdodger
3/18/08 1:08:55AM
i agree what interested me most about that article was Karo being tight lipped about Manny, anyone know what happened?
Pookie
3/18/08 1:27:56AM
If karo wins i would want to see him fight fitch, just so no one can complain.
jae_1833
3/18/08 1:48:49AM
I just want Fitch and Karo to fight before it becomes another Fedor Randy!!
prozacnation1978
3/18/08 2:02:55AM
the ufc screwed up with not having serra fight for almost a year, no title shots, nada. way to go!!!!!!!!!!!! know the light heavyweight division is heading there also with machida, jardine, deserving title shots soon. as well as lidell if he wins in june. here is a solution, and you can marinade on it for awhile, lets not have coaches that are champions and prolong title shots and fights for almost a year at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/18/08 2:03:22AM

Posted by jae_1833

bullettdodger
3/18/08 4:40:24AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by jae_1833

MondayNiteMauser
3/18/08 5:30:32AM
I personally think Karo would wash Fitch. He puts on a better show too. He should get the shot if he wins. or fight for the number 1 contender spot,
whardin19
3/18/08 7:19:08AM
To start I have no problem with Karo. But, if he wins this fight with Alves he doesn't deserve the first crack at the winner of Serra/GSP. Jon Fitch has won that award. Fitch is undefeated in the UFC and has fought some tough opponents. The only opponent you can really compare them with is Diego Sanchez. Sanchez beat Karo and lost a decision to Fitch. Fitch deserves this shot right now. But, if they do decide to have them fight for it I would not be mad. I'd love to see this fight.
emfleek
3/18/08 8:58:11AM
Go Alves.
mutosufan
3/18/08 9:11:36AM

Posted by ufcboss

I dislike him because of what I seen on TUF5, All that smack talk he was doing and I seen him as a big head, That created my dislike for him. I dont hate him or anything, Just dont like him.

I am in 100% agreement with you. I use to be a fan of his and when he ated that way on TV I just couldnt bring myself to say I am a fan of his.
mutosufan
3/18/08 9:15:00AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

the ufc screwed up with not having serra fight for almost a year, no title shots, nada. way to go!!!!!!!!!!!! know the light heavyweight division is heading there also with machida, jardine, deserving title shots soon. as well as lidell if he wins in june. here is a solution, and you can marinade on it for awhile, lets not have coaches that are champions and prolong title shots and fights for almost a year at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the UFC realized this and that is why they are not waiting for TUF to end to have the 'Page/Griffin fight. Too many things can go wrong.

I for one like have the champion fight twice a year and lke the concept of doing the show, then the fight after it is al said and done. But too many things can go wrong and there just isnt enough talent in the UFC yet to keep the champ and the #1 contender on the shelf for that long.
gartface
3/18/08 2:19:13PM

Posted by mutosufan

Posted by ufcboss

I am in 100% agreement with you. I use to be a fan of his and when he ated that way on TV I just couldnt bring myself to say I am a fan of his.

Honestly that made me dislike Nate Diaz, because he couldn't handle a little horseplay for the lack of a better word. Remember he was the one that bowed up at Karo, not the other way around.
NatedawgThaM
3/18/08 2:35:50PM
Karo needs to rematch Diego, fight Kos, or fight Marcus Davis and give him his first real test before he gets a title shot because Fitch beat Diego, Karo didn't. Fitch stopped Alves, If Karo does win it will be by decision.

I am a Karo fan but Fitch has done more to deserve a title shot by stopping everybody in his path while Karo has took them all the distance besides Nick Thompson(who?). But either way I think both Karo and Fitch could take GSP out because Karo is way better then he was when he first fought GSP, but so is GSP. But Karo trains with Randy who is a mastermind with gameplans. It's very possible Randy can cook up a gameplan to beat GSP.

Fitch is just better then anybody GSP has ever faced and Fitch does not have one weakness that GSP can exploit like every other one of GSP's opponents.
gartface
3/18/08 7:35:36PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM
Nick Thompson(who?)

Seriously?
NatedawgThaM
3/18/08 8:04:41PM
Nah I know who he is, I was just trying to point out that the casual UFC fan wouldn't even though he has a fantastic record numbers wise, but not against great competition.
iwannabesedated
3/18/08 9:42:55PM
I think they should both get shots..I mean what happens if Fitch and Karo fight what happens next for the loser..They have go back to fighting their way up in ranks again.So i mean if you could let Serra and other guys sit out for a few months what will it hurt to give Fitch a shot first at the winner of GSP-Serra fight then Karo get the winner of Fitch Vs Gsp-Serra.Oh i said give Fitch the shot first because He just fought and Karo is a few weeks away..So he will have more time in than Karo..But wouldn;t it be great to see Fitch Vs Karo for the WW belt..

I know Serra and other have sat out due to injury..But still you guys get my jist im sure..
mrliquid
3/19/08 8:17:50AM
I think Karo was pretty classy in that interview he is known for being a shit talker so I expected more but I agree with him he does deserve a shot granted alot of his wins have been decision wins there still wins and he has been around along time I think giving him a title shot might even change his style he isn't known for being a cut or muscular guy or being in the best shape ever cardio wise but I see him busting his ass in training for a title fight it would probably be the best Karo we have seen to date but I think him and Fitch should fight first to get it out of the way. Asfar as Manny goes I hated him on the TUF show big mouth shitty attitude thought he was a badass.