Karo pushing Randy

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Karo pushing Randy
« Previous Page
tylerlee123
4/6/08 1:59:48PM
To be honest I really dont like Karo's attitude, it was bad enough he tried to be a tough guy on TUF 5 but after those antics last night, I lost a lot of respect for him
Kastro
4/6/08 7:39:11PM
Lost a lot of respect for Karo..

Yah, he lost and has the right to be upset.. but there are millions of people watching, its his RESPONSIBILITY to remain as a professional and act maturely.. pushing Couture, spitting in the ring, and acting the way he did was just plan immature if you ask me..

Was never a big Karo fan anyway, only thing I regret about that event was not picking Alves to win.. I wish Alves all the best of luck, he's gotta be close to a title shot, as for Karo he should regroup and work on his standup game.
Mayhem13
4/6/08 7:40:42PM
he has shown his true colors many times before...I'm not a big Karo fan.
ToeZup
4/6/08 7:46:56PM

Posted by mrliquid

I think Karo's reaction was valid to him he probably thought the fight was stopped early and I would have been pissed to I thought he was being a little to much of a dick after the fight but i'm still a huge fan and I hope he gets inshape and comes back better and ready to go he is still young the guys only 25 he has a long career ahead of him.

Good call mrliquid. I would have been pissed as well. It's part of the competition. You train so hard for it and then boom it's over in an instant.

I wish him luck and I wouldn't want to be his next opponent.
sillysnail
4/7/08 6:57:09PM
karos attitude is one of the biggest reasons im not a huge fan. well that and i consider him to be an average grade fighter.

the first time i realized he's a jerk was on tuf 5 when him and diaz almost got into it. hes just a cocky guy and he seems to think very highly of himself. if by some miracle he ever does manage to salvage his title ambitions and then by some stretch manages to win the belt, i don't think he'd keep it for longer than 1 fight. to have a guy like randy couture in your corner is an honor, and to go and disrespect him like that is absolute filth.
Jackelope
4/8/08 2:29:00AM
I highly doubt Randy took any offense to it. I'm sure he knew exactly what was going through his fighter's mind. You all seriously mean to tell me you've never been playing sports with your buddy and then he got pissed about something? You never tried to calm him down and he wasn't having it?

First of all these guys train for months and months for one chance. Second of all- THEY'RE FIGHTERS. There's a certain amount of passion and aggression that comes with the territory. I'm not saying I defend his actions, but I definitely understand them. Now if he had walked up and socked someone in the back of the head I'd be on the complete other side of the fence. Instead he just got pissed and lost his temper for a bit.

I used to throw my headgear in wrestling all the time. My coach would get pissed about me doing that, but I hated losing. I wasn't used to it. Karo isn't used to it. Same thing here. Nobody's hurting anybody, they're just venting some aggression.

Whether you like him or not is up to you. Hell, you can even view this instance as why you don't like him. Just look at things objectively is all I'm asking.
Rush
4/8/08 1:52:47PM

Posted by Jackelope

I highly doubt Randy took any offense to it. I'm sure he knew exactly what was going through his fighter's mind. You all seriously mean to tell me you've never been playing sports with your buddy and then he got pissed about something? You never tried to calm him down and he wasn't having it?

Yes I have and they were a lot more reasonable than Karo has ever been.

Posted by Jackelope

First of all these guys train for months and months for one chance. Second of all- THEY'RE FIGHTERS. There's a certain amount of passion and aggression that comes with the territory.

For the first point, that is no different than any other athlete. When you see an Olympic athlete (let's say a favorite for a medal in hurdles for example), trip over their first hurdle and end up not getting past the prelims, how many times do you see them spit on the track and push their coach and/or people trying to comfort them? For me it was never and if I did see it I would lose a lot of respect for them. Most Olympic athletes are also young too, so that isn't an excuse.

As for the second point, passion is instilled with many things that people dedicate their lives too, regardless of whether it is a sport or not. Aggression is also a part of other sports and I don't think MMA fighters should get any slack for this type of behavior. Could you imagine what people would think if a hockey player got a penaly or game misconduct and they pushed the ref or coach?

Posted by Jackelope

I used to throw my headgear in wrestling all the time. My coach would get pissed about me doing that, but I hated losing. I wasn't used to it. Karo isn't used to it. Same thing here. Nobody's hurting anybody, they're just venting some aggression.

I understand. I'm a sore loser too (then again I am a sore winner as well), but there is a limit as to how you deal with it. I never took it out on anyone else, nor did I throw a temper tantrumFighters (and many fans fo fighters) demand respect for what they do, but IMO they need to return that sentiment. The door swings both ways. I'm sure most people would forgive a fighter that apologized for flying off the handle (i.e. in a post fight interview).

Posted by Jackelope

Just look at things objectively is all I'm asking.

I don't know if this is possible in this situation because either judgement requires certain assumptions as to either how the fighter felt or how he should have responded. Either answer is based off of subjective opinions or lack of real knowledge.
Jackelope
4/8/08 3:23:54PM
I guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one.

I definitely see the points people have made about acting like a professional athlete and all. So I'm not throwing those out the window. I suppose where I differ from the average person in this thread is that I think seeing a little passion and fire in the athletes I watch is appreciated. Not everyone has to act like a pillar of their community, IMO. I am a fan of the average guy who's susceptible to the same emotions I am. As long as he doesn't get out of control with them and physically harm people or step way outside of the rule box I don't mind.

Anyway, about him pushing Randy it sounds like some people are trying to make it out like he pushed a helpless little boy to the ground. It was more like he just pushed him away from him and didn't let him hug him or anything. The only thing I have a problem with is his spitting on the mat. Coincidentally I was a big Charles Barkley fan, and the incident that pissed me off the most with him was the spitting incident.
iwannabesedated
4/8/08 3:30:50PM
Hey everyone gets pissed when they lose...Belicheat ran off the field before the super bowl was over...At least Karo didnt make any excuses..Oh my knee is banged up,i just got married,my hand was stuck to my ass,i just had a baby..Id rather be a pissed off loser than someone who uses an excuse rather than saying...Eh i got my ass kicked.
Aether
4/8/08 4:52:59PM
I don't care about the whole shoving incident, it really isn't a big deal and I doubt that I would want people hugging me when I was in a bad mood either. The only thing I want to address is the people crying prejudice about people saying that most mid-easterners/armenians (whatever term was used you all understand what subject is being addressed, so why bother nitpicking?) are a bit hotheaded when it comes to competition.

This isn't prejudice. Saying "ALL of group X act this way" and "most of the people I have interacted with from group X tend to act this way" are completely different statements. One is a blanket statement that attributes a certain action to an entire group of people and the other is a comment on what you have observed in your personal experience with a segment of a certain group. Pretty much everyone that I saw commenting on this point made sure to make this distinction and you really are being way too sensitive if you're going to cry racism over a comment like that.

Quite frankly I agree. I can't say that all armenians act a certain way, but I can tell you that virtually all of the armenians I have ever met (and I've met more than just one or two) have been highly competitive and somewhat hot tempered in the face of defeat. It's not a racist statement it's a simple observation. Nevermind the fact that it wouldn't really be racist even if it were directed at the entire group. Different cultures are raised with different values so it's natural for groups of people from the same part of the world to have unique tendencies adopted by the majority of that group. Jewish people honestly tend to be good with money because it's a value reinforced in their culture, it's not a racist statement. Saying "all jews are cheap" is different.

Try to listen to what people are saying before you cry racism. Obviously no one was making these points from a racist or spiteful point of view, and the fact that a comment is linked in some way to a person's race doesn't automatically invalidate it or make it ignorant. Being severely politically correct can be just as bad as being severely racist, honestly.
davis2
4/8/08 9:05:31PM
Karo is such a piece of garbage!
BlessMahMic
10/16/08 1:47:59AM
lost respect
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/16/08 3:15:09AM

Posted by BlessMahMic

lost respect

Please stop bumping old threads. Especially in the news section.
Pages: 1 [2]