Karo pushing Randy

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Karo pushing Randy
Next Page »
Copenhagen
4/3/08 7:02:18PM
If you look at the video on our website of the fight, at the end Randy walks by Karo and Karo pushes him. Any questions on Karo's character were definitely answered here IMO. I used to like Karo, but after that he lost me as a fan.
juanez13
4/3/08 7:12:01PM
Thats a dumb judgement IMO, he felt like the fight was prematurely stopped, would you be happy and start huggin everyone?... he was pissed, im sure its nothing personal against randy, since IMO he wouldnt have him in his corner if it were. IMO its just natural reaction. I dont think you were a true fan if something like this changes your opinion on him,
Pookie
4/3/08 7:21:26PM
the spitting in the ring and running around as a bad sport damages his character more than pushing somebody away whos going in for a hug.
gartface
4/3/08 7:30:12PM

Posted by Pookie

the spitting in the ring and running around as a bad sport damages his character more than pushing somebody away whos going in for a hug.

It's hard to judge someone who was just knocked unconscious thirty seconds before hand, and was extremely heated about it.
gartface
4/3/08 7:33:24PM
I think that it's funny his asshole behavior last night got everyone that didn't already hate him and were on the fence about him, to have a strong distaste for him.
I also find it funny that the main thing that is making everyone all of the sudden love Nate Diaz, was him showboating last night.
loller90278
4/3/08 7:59:05PM
obviously none of you have been around armenians.

this is a very typical response to a loss (to anything)
Rush
4/3/08 8:41:52PM

Posted by loller90278

I have lived with an Armenian, and although he never behaved like this, I do agree that middle Easterns in general tend to behave like this. However, that doesn't make it appropriate.
loller90278
4/3/08 8:48:28PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by loller90278

I have lived with an Armenian, and although he never behaved like this, I do agree that middle Easterns in general tend to behave like this. However, that doesn't make it appropriate.

armenia isn't the middle east, it's asia minor.

i'm georgian (borders armenia) and can vouch that armenians that migrated to glendale CA or north hollywood CA will react exactly like karo did.

ps. i don't think it would have mattered who it was in front of him, that person would have been shoved. unfortunately for randy it was him.

xposipx
4/3/08 8:50:41PM
I've known an Armenian family in SoCal as well. All I can say is that I agree though it's probably a bit prejudice.
juanez13
4/3/08 8:56:05PM

Posted by xposipx

I've known an Armenian family in SoCal as well. All I can say is that I agree though it's probably a bit prejudice.

yea just a bit
mrliquid
4/3/08 9:07:25PM
I think Karo's reaction was valid to him he probably thought the fight was stopped early and I would have been pissed to I thought he was being a little to much of a dick after the fight but i'm still a huge fan and I hope he gets inshape and comes back better and ready to go he is still young the guys only 25 he has a long career ahead of him.
Decision
4/3/08 11:14:15PM
He was really pissed man. I don't think he was right, but it's better to be shoving people than crying about a loss.
WhiteWidow
4/3/08 11:33:18PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Rush

Posted by loller90278

i'm georgian (borders armenia) and can vouch that armenians that migrated to glendale CA or north hollywood CA will react exactly like karo did.

ps. i don't think it would have mattered who it was in front of him, that person would have been shoved. unfortunately for randy it was him.

this is funny when i read things like oh were not middle eastern were blah blah, according to some idiots white ppl come from america....which is ironic because native americans are from america, if someone said oh im not europeon im russian would you be like so what your white i couldnt tell the difference, same deal with what you just said, its technically in that reigon... the middle east its still the same type of climates and the pigment of skins are bascially the same, southeastern asia is the reigon but its basically the same.... were all people lets remember that, we all come from the lucy apes in africa and our recent ancestors were all black until they moved out of africa and those black people that went to europe had their skin pigment changed because of the cold climate plus the harmful rays in that europeon reigon and early ancestors who went to the middle east had a pigment change because of the desert
Rush
4/4/08 12:07:11AM

Posted by loller90278

Well, look who's smart. It's close enough to Turkey and Iran that I thought it was indeed part of the Mid East. I don't feel too bad though, I was very close. Regardless, there is something about the people of the Mediterranean latitude that makes them the warmest people, yet very hot tempered.

Still, there is a time and place for everything and whether you are like that by nature/culture or not, people should act professional.
Kpro
4/4/08 12:23:38AM
I've seen Armenia on a map, and I agree that his conduct was normal.
DevonFoxy
4/4/08 12:29:49AM
I wonder how Randy is going to react to that. Personally i wouldn't want that associated with my gym and on top of that he has so much talent coming out of his gym I don't think it would hurt him to drop Karo for that nice showing of class. He got caught i understand being upset but still show some respect for the guy that came to corner you and for the Ring that has made a name for you. I think Karo is a great fighter but with this on top of the things Lauzon said about him after TUF I don't know just makes me wonder I suppose where Karo will go from here.

I don't mean to be rude it just seems when Karo gets close to a title shot he chokes. I picked him in this fight and it was going the way I thought it would until that knee. I really don't know how many fights are left on Karo's contract but it would not surprise me if he left the UFC for a different org. like an Elite XC. I don't think he would be running away from the competition but I just see it too stacked for Karo to stand out. Hes still very young and i've taken this into account but still when you look at the WW division its stacked with those wrestler types who can take ya down just like Sanchez did so i guess we will just wait and see but i am curious to what the backlash of his actions will be.
Kpro
4/4/08 12:31:59AM
He defended better than Nog did vs. Herring.

I'd be pissed too.

I don't even know why we're nitpicking this unless someone has a link to Randy verbally expressing displeasure about it.
hails
4/4/08 4:17:48AM
Dude I have so many thoughts Randy that it's funny.

However, both my threads were deleted due to fighter bashing.

However, a 16-8 record speaks for itself!!! 7 decisions too out of those wins.

What is Fedor's record again...

skinnator
4/4/08 8:10:05AM
No way. Karo is a respectfull man and wouldve not push anybody. Juanez thatwas hte argument I had. Good one bro
Copenhagen
4/4/08 6:09:11PM

Posted by juanez13

Thats a dumb judgement IMO, he felt like the fight was prematurely stopped, would you be happy and start huggin everyone?... he was pissed, im sure its nothing personal against randy, since IMO he wouldnt have him in his corner if it were. IMO its just natural reaction. I dont think you were a true fan if something like this changes your opinion on him,

Whether Randy took it personal or not isn't the reason I was disappointed in it. It was his whole behavior. I think your judgment in my opinion is "dumb".

Posted by hails

This has what to do with the topic?
bls1919
4/4/08 6:30:27PM
Armeian, Russian, Europan, American, African. it doesnt matter. he still acted like a ten yr old who got struck out. at least he didnt cry
GSPCanada
4/4/08 7:09:55PM
You're debate about him being Armenian and hot tempered is stupid and beyond "a bit" prejudice".
Karo didn't even push Alves when he tried to shake his hand, he just didn't wanna be hugged and who would he basically lost his title shot on what he believed to be an early stoppage. Besides whether he is Armenian he reacted the same way houston aexander did that night and liddell when he got knocked out by jackson

besides i prefer his attitude over diaz flipping the finger and irvin tellin houston lest go in the parking lot, really now
Pookie
4/4/08 7:20:32PM

Posted by GSPCanada
Besides whether he is Armenian he reacted the same way houston aexander did that night and liddell when he got knocked out by jackson

No he didn't, Houston & Liddell didnt run around the ring screaming, spitting and disrespecting his opponent (and corner).

They just got up, talked to the referee tried to persuade him to keep it going and after that didnt work they handled it like a man, Karo handled it like a little girl.

WhiteWidow
4/4/08 7:22:31PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by GSPCanada
Besides whether he is Armenian he reacted the same way houston aexander did that night and liddell when he got knocked out by jackson

No he didn't, Houston & Liddell didnt run around the ring screaming, spitting and disrespecting his opponent (and corner).

They just got up, talked to the referee tried to persuade him to keep it going and after that didnt work they handled it like a man, Karo handled it like a little girl.

nobody likes a sore loser, randy shugda pimp slapped him with his ring hand
Aaronno9
4/4/08 8:35:54PM

Posted by hails

lol

and fedor is relevent to this topic becouse??

I think karo acted like an idiot, plain and simple. Yeah he got beat, but hes a sportsman, he should beable to take his beatings like a man. Imagine if after a football game or any other major sport where a team lost all the players went round spitting and shoving their coaches and trying to get to the ref. It was just stupid, being pissed off isnt going to change anything. He was absolutly crumpled after the knee, theres no denying he was out.
loller90278
4/5/08 2:48:05PM

Posted by WhiteWidow

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Rush

Posted by loller90278

this is funny when i read things like oh were not middle eastern were blah blah, according to some idiots white ppl come from america....which is ironic because native americans are from america, if someone said oh im not europeon im russian would you be like so what your white i couldnt tell the difference, same deal with what you just said, its technically in that reigon... the middle east its still the same type of climates and the pigment of skins are bascially the same, southeastern asia is the reigon but its basically the same.... were all people lets remember that, we all come from the lucy apes in africa and our recent ancestors were all black until they moved out of africa and those black people that went to europe had their skin pigment changed because of the cold climate plus the harmful rays in that europeon reigon and early ancestors who went to the middle east had a pigment change because of the desert

i'm sorry but i have to defend my argument because when people say "middle east" usually the religion islam comes to mind. armenia was the first christian nation, along with georgia and both are western countries. i classify them as "asia minor" because, in reality, it really IS in asia minor. iran, iraq, israel libya and other countries are classified as the middle east.

it is what it is...
Rush
4/5/08 8:09:00PM

Posted by loller90278

i'm sorry but i have to defend my argument because when people say "middle east" usually the religion islam comes to mind.

I'm not sure what your worry was about this. I understand why you wanted to correct the fact that I said Armenia was in the Middle East and that is cool. It didn't bother me because it is close. Hell, I've had Armenians try to tell me that Armenia is part of Europe.

However, I don't know what the concern about Islam was? Religion was never brought up in the conversation. I'm not ragging on you, I'm just confused.

Just an FYI for everyone that didn't know....
Islam is the worlds most popular religion, widespread in Africa and South East Asia (among other places) Islam associated only with the Middle East is incorrect because there are places in the Mid East composed of Jews and Christians as well.
loller90278
4/5/08 9:08:48PM
well i dont want to hijack the thread anymore but the reference to islam maybe was irrelevant, but it shows that armenia is less middle eastern because of the dominant religion, usually in middle eastern countries its islam whereas european countries its christian.

and most armenians, georgians consider themselves european ( me included ). georgia was in USSR, and russia had a great impact for a long time. i speak fluent russian, as well as georgian (two totally different languages) and was brought up under russian culture.
emfleek
4/5/08 9:47:01PM
I'm not a fan of Karo AT ALL...but to me, his reaction was justified. To train as hard as these guys do and having something like that happen...that would piss me off. I wouldn't have been running around hugging little kids or drawing unicorns to hang on the refridgerator, either. I'd be irate.
Bizaboom
4/6/08 12:04:49AM

Posted by Kpro

I've seen Armenia on a map, and I agree that his conduct was normal.

Though I have never seen Armenia on a map, the fact it was mentioned several times on this thread makes me an expert on the Armenian culture.These people have very short tempers.
Pages: [1] 2