Karo Parisyan Title Shot

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Karo Parisyan Title Shot
hotrodttt
9/11/07 8:28:42PM
The Heat has proved he is a top 170 Pounder , With 1 more win he could get the winner of Serra / Hughes

If he doesn't get the Title Shot I see 3 possible Fighs for him

- He fights Marcus Davis for # 2 contender

- He fighs Jon Fitch if Jon Wins for # 1 contender

- He fights Chris Lytle for # 2 Contender

Tell me what you think

WAR THE HEAT !!!

nickcuc547
9/11/07 8:39:41PM
i would love to see him fight fitch, but if diego beats fitch i dont see karo getting a title shot in the near future.
tuvok500
9/11/07 8:42:22PM
man, the winner of serra / hugues will fight gsp, it is already decided man.

the heat is not at 1 fight of a title shot but more like 2 fights, and against 2 top contender.

ColdCutCombo
9/11/07 8:50:59PM
heres how i see it, karo was screwed by the judges, i had the fight 29-28 split decision for karo, not a bad call but not the best so that messed up his 2nd title shot, the first being a few years back but i think he was injured and couldnt fight hughes.

if he wins 1-2 more fights against a top 20 or higher and he should get one by summer or fall of next year if he dosnt lose
hotrodttt
9/11/07 8:51:35PM
I know that GSP is , but if he wins then he could get a shot at the winner of GSP vs Hughes

ocho-cinco
9/11/07 8:55:31PM

Posted by tuvok500

the heat is not at 1 fight of a title shot but more like 2 fights, and against 2 top contender.

Yeah I thought they made it clear that GSP gets the winner of TUF coaches. I would like to see Karo fight either Koscheck, or the winner of Diego Vs Fitch. Karo Vs Fitch would be a sick fight, and so would a re-match between Diego and Karo. This guy does deserve a shot, but the division is just to stacked and he will have to wait alot longer then he should. Which also means he has to keep winning or his shot will be taken away. It's a crule world at 170 right now. 
DevonFoxy
9/11/07 8:58:14PM
No, what has Karo done? who has Karo beat? I don't understand how you can put him in the title picture when hes a win streak that has Josh Burkman on the list and thats it. I'm sorry but he hasn't come up big in the matches that count so for the title shot i say no until he beats two or three top guys. Put him against Kos, Fitch, and either Hughes or GSP which ever doesn't have the title. Then we will see until then IMO he won't deserve a shot. hes been too inconsistent
grappler0000
9/11/07 9:09:30PM

Posted by hotrodttt

The Heat has proved he is a top 170 Pounder , With 1 more win he could get the winner of Serra / Hughes

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by hotrodttt

I know that GSP is , but if he wins then he could get a shot at the winner of GSP vs Hughes

huh?
hotrodttt
9/11/07 9:28:44PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by hotrodttt

huh?

That was pretty sensless do you have any rebuttle , why did you put huh
jocksmall
9/11/07 9:58:34PM

Posted by hotrodttt

If he doesn't get the Title Shot I see 3 possible Fighs for him

- He fights Marcus Davis for # 2 contender

- He fighs Jon Fitch if Jon Wins for # 1 contender

- He fights Chris Lytle for # 2 Contender

Tell me what you think

WAR THE HEAT !!!

karo is top of the food chain at 170 but i think he is still being punished for backing out of the fight w/ hughes due to injury( the one riggs stepped up in his place). i agree that he should get a good fight that would set up a title shot if he wins
jocksmall
9/11/07 10:08:23PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

No, what has Karo done? who has Karo beat? I don't understand how you can put him in the title picture when hes a win streak that has Josh Burkman on the list and thats it. I'm sorry but he hasn't come up big in the matches that count so for the title shot i say no until he beats two or three top guys. Put him against Kos, Fitch, and either Hughes or GSP which ever doesn't have the title. Then we will see until then IMO he won't deserve a shot. hes been too inconsistent

you are obviously uninfomed so i thought i would share with you some of the names of fighters karo has beaten. burkman is his last one but you should have researched farther before your post: here you go karo beat
fickett
nick thompson
matt serra
chris lytle
nick diaz
shonnie carter
dave strasser
hes 17-4 give some respect
MMA
9/11/07 10:20:57PM
Anyone else notice that Karo tends to flop against top contenders? His only 4 losses are to Sherk x2, GSP, and Sanchez. Sherk is/was the reigning lightweight champion; GSP was the former welterweight champion; and Sanchez was almost the #1 contender until he lost to Koscheck.
DevonFoxy
9/11/07 10:21:06PM
I named the current winning streak he is on only jock and that is at one. I am not mis informed i know who he has beaten. He hasn't preformed well when his title contention has been on the line however. He faced Diego when they were saying he deserved a title shot and he lost a UD.To say that he deserves a title shot after two wins in a division stacked like the welterweight im sorry i just dont see him getting a shot when he beat Josh Burkman who is not a top ten fighter. He needs at least two more fights under his belt before he gets a title shot imo. His best wins are against Nick Diaz which could have gone either way and the Burkman win. Hes beaten Matt Serra but alot of people have in the past as we have seen a new Serra. I just don't think from what we've seen from him hes a title contender as he hasnt fared to well in the big matches. If he can beat the likes of Kos or even a match Fitch or Sanchez and wins convincingly then i say he should get a shot but to say he deserves one if he wins one more fight is kinda premature.
Rush
9/11/07 11:11:42PM
If Diego beats Fitch.

Karo needs to win one more match against a top 8 fighter.

Then Diego should rematch Koscheck.

Karo should face the winner of that match for a shot at the title.
grappler0000
9/11/07 11:41:42PM

Posted by hotrodttt

That was pretty sensless do you have any rebuttle , why did you put huh

'huh' denotes an exclamation of surprise, bewilderment, or disbelief
Jackelope
9/12/07 2:51:05AM

Posted by Rush

If Diego beats Fitch.

Karo needs to win one more match against a top 8 fighter.

Then Diego should rematch Koscheck.

Karo should face the winner of that match for a shot at the title.

This I can agree with. Although I don't see Karo ever beating GSP or Hughes. I would love to see his Judo match up with Kos' wrestling, though. I've got the nagging sensation (and have for a while now) that Karo's judo couldn't do much against Kos' takedowns. He'd have to win the decision on the feet or if Koscheck is dumb enough to clinch with him.
xchickox
9/12/07 11:12:13AM
i think he should get a title shot after the tuf series but as thats gonna take a while maybe he should fight someone like the winner of fitch vs sanchez, or maybe we should see karo vs gsp for the title shot

i really dont see how chris lytle is anywhere near the number 2 contender spot
gartface
9/12/07 1:13:09PM
First of all, I'm a huge Karo supporter. I still don't think he is ready for a title shot, even though Karo was supposed to contend before he tore his hamstring, and GSP was given the title shot after he recovered from the injury that sidelined him from the first time he was supposed to fight Hughes. But that's beside the point. I think, like a lot of people, that he either needs to fight Diego, Fitch, or Koscheck. I think it's unfair that GSP is getting a title shot so quickly after he lost to Matt Serra. He didn't have a single successful title defense, but for some reason he's getting an immediate title shot, when Chuck Liddell (the UFC cash cow, who had four consecutive title defenses) has to fight two opponents before he gets another title shot. If it's such a stacked division why don't they give more people a title shot, other than the main three that have in the past few years (Hughes, BJ Penn, and GSP). Karo isn't ready yet, he needs at least one more win before he's considered a top contender. He also needs to learn how to finish his opponents.
Rush
9/12/07 1:39:42PM

Posted by gartface

I think it's unfair that GSP is getting a title shot so quickly after he lost to Matt Serra. He didn't have a single successful title defense, but for some reason he's getting an immediate title shot

GSP has beaten pretty much everyone in the top 5-8 WWs other than Diego and Fitch.

Maybe the question we all should be asking is when Fitch will get a title shot.

I can see Karo vs Fitch for a title shot if Fitch wins against Diego.
gartface
9/12/07 1:47:44PM
I can definitely see that happening. I don't see why Fitch has to fight Diego. IMO it should have been Karo vs. Diego II. I think Fitch without a doubt deserves a title shot after he beats the living hell out of Diego.
pv3Hpv3p
9/12/07 1:52:07PM
Davis vs Lytle

Winner of Fitch / Diego vs Karo

Winners fight for #1 contender...

I guess the only good thing about waiting so long for a WW title fight is that they might be able to figure out the #1 contender spot in that time
kaduey
9/12/07 2:20:45PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Davis vs Lytle

Winner of Fitch / Diego vs Karo

Winners fight for #1 contender...

I guess the only good thing about waiting so long for a WW title fight is that they might be able to figure out the #1 contender spot in that time

Wouldn't plan it any different myself.
ColdCutCombo
9/13/07 12:42:51AM
even though i still see gsp winning the rematch id like to see GSP vs Karo 2
hotrodttt
9/13/07 1:42:43AM

Another win on our records
fullerene
9/13/07 11:05:46AM
Plenty of matches for him:

- Hughes/Serra loser
- Fitch (win or lose it makes sense)
- Sakurai (Sakurai needs to fight someone, doesn't he?)
- Koshchek
- Mike Swick