Karo Parisyan: ‘I have so much at stake’ for Yoshiyuki Yoshida UFC 88 fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Karo Parisyan: ‘I have so much at stake’ for Yoshiyuki Yoshida UFC 88 fight
SmileR
9/2/08 1:56:32PM
“If I get hit by lighting and I lose, God forbid, I don’t care. All I know for this fight is I trained twice as hard as I did for the Thiago Alves fight. I have to thank Thiago Alves. He woke me up…. I have so much at stake. I have so much stress on me. People don’t understand how tough it is. I need to be able to conquer this match. Not sounding selfish at all, [but] I fight for myself. I fight to prove something to myself, to feel good about myself when I walk outside.”

Karo Parisyan talks about how important his next fight is against Yoshiyuki Yoshida at UFC 88: “Breakthrough” at the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Ga., on September 6. “The Heat” is coming off a technical knockout loss to Thiago Alves back in April, which dashed his near-term title chances. And it was just the second time ever he had ever been finished in more than 20 professional fights.

Link
nastshabast
9/2/08 2:10:44PM
I got Yoshida KO 2. I think Karo is shook.
Wolfenstein
9/2/08 3:34:41PM
Karo is putting a lot of pressure on himself to win this match. I think he's going to fight not to lose. Take Yoshida down and hold position. Use a conservative gameplan and minimize mistakes.

Yoshida has a lot to gain and not a lot to lose. He's going to let it all hang out.

Karo will probably take him down once or twice and the fight will get stood up due to a lack of action because I don't think Karo is going to want to take too many risks. Yoshida's standup game is better so it will be frustrating to be stood up.

I think the differing gameplans will work out in Yoshida's favor and give him the edge in a UD.
Ordep
9/2/08 4:02:39PM
Karo already has a lot of stuff to come out with excuses if he loses this fight. Panics attacks, lots of training, things on his mind, blah blah

Yoshida UD
Twenty20Dollars
9/2/08 4:03:35PM
I personally dont like karo, but i think we will see a new karo on saturday that will dominate yoshida and finish him with a tko and the training will have paid off. Glad he is training for fights though.
gartface
9/2/08 9:05:45PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I personally dont like karo, but i think we will see a new karo on saturday that will dominate yoshida and finish him with a tko and the training will have paid off. Glad he is training for fights though.

Me too. Though I'm probably his biggest fan on this site, I'm also one of his biggest critics. I'm so glad he somewhat swallowed his pride and got a training camp. And I'm very impressed that Greg Jackson was willing to relocate to Cali to help Karo train.

Posted by Ordep
Karo already has a lot of stuff to come out with excuses if he loses this fight. Panics attacks, lots of training, things on his mind, blah blah

Usually people save those excuses for after the fight. Have a little compassion for the guy, you act like panic attacks are something you can just shrug off.
breakdown5
9/2/08 9:34:11PM

Posted by nastshabast

I got Yoshida KO 2. I think Karo is shook.

I agree. Karo couldn't even finish his training camp and he is trying to fight his panic attacks without the aid of medication. He said he wanted to go home before his fight with Alves and was glad when it was over. He isn't over his problems/stress and I think it played a role in the amount of preparation he actually had for this fight.

Yoshida will put it all on the line to win, and he will.
bls1919
9/2/08 9:48:06PM
I really think karo is going to take this out and crush it. He will put the heat on and win this via TKO or decision. Karo will turn the corner and go back to his winning ways.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/2/08 11:58:07PM
yoshida via anaconda choke
gartface
9/3/08 12:32:40AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

whardin19
9/3/08 3:31:37PM
I will come out and say it. I'm not the biggest Karo fan. But, I think he wins this fight with Yoshida. I know you all are saying he's throwing out excuses before he fights. But, I take them as he's trying to tell you how serious he's taking this fight. Pressure is good for some people. It makes some people perform better. Maybe Karo is one of them. He's right if he loses this fight he loses alot. I just don't see it happening against Yoshida.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/3/08 9:08:23PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

\

i hope your still laughing after saturday night.