Karo Parisyan next fight likely against Dong Hyun ‘Stun Gun’ Kim at UFC 94

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Karo Parisyan next fight likely against Dong Hyun ‘Stun Gun’ Kim at UFC 94
MMAcca
11/1/08 1:00:20PM
Karo Parisyan is penciled in to collide with Dong Hyun “Stun Gun” Kim (11-0-1) in a welterweight tilt at UFC 94, which is scheduled for the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on January 31, according to MMAWeekly.com.

Parisyan — who just signed a new eight-fight contract extension with the promotion — is currently recovering from an injury that forced him to withdraw from a fight against Yoshiyuki “Zenko” Yoshida at UFC 88: “Breakthrough” in September literally hours before showtime.

It was an unfortunate situation that was made more curious with his recent admission the he has been dealing with panic attacks — numerous fans claimed “The Heat” merely had a case of cold feet.

Regardless, the Armenian was stopped by rising star Thiago “Pitbull” Alves in the second round because of strikes in his most recent performance at UFC Fight Night 13. The typically gracious Parisyan was uncharacteristically sour on the stoppage, claiming that referee Steve Mazzagatti was premature in his decision to halt the bout.

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
11/1/08 1:02:22PM
damn it you beat me to this one.

But on the fight, I dont see either guy finishing the other. I will prolly lean towards karo by UD, unless "Stun Gun" is a good size underdog.
prozacnation1978
11/1/08 1:12:48PM
very surprised given rumor has it jon fitch will fight on card as well

i have no clue who fitch would fight now unless they are planning on getting jake shields quick
ziegler3334
11/1/08 1:14:48PM
i will probably take karo in this one, but i liked stun gun from his fight with matt brown. He seems like a charasmatic fighter who worked hard for that win, which i agreed with.

against karo, i wouldn't be surprised if he pulled off an upset. He is still undefeated and i'm not so sure about karo and how he'll be when e shows up.

as of now, karo UD; but that could switch to Stun Gun UD before then

**lets just hope this fight happens, yoshida wouldve been more exciting imo, but this will do just fine**
ultimateweapon
11/1/08 1:26:31PM
karo all the way
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
11/1/08 2:00:25PM
if Karo is fighting Kim then I hope it's Fitch against Shields
RMFG_187
11/1/08 2:40:11PM
This is a great fight

good way to come off a loss by beating an undefeated fighter

2 Joe Silva on the matchup
Bloodhound
11/1/08 3:51:39PM
should be a good fight, dunno who to pick
higdon10
11/1/08 4:33:37PM
Dong Hyun Kim by UD.
gartface
11/1/08 4:45:58PM

Posted by RMFG_187

This is a great fight

good way to come off a loss by beating an undefeated fighter

2 Joe Silva on the matchup

If Matt Brown gave Kim fits, I see this being a pretty easy fight for Karo. (Especially since he's training with Greg Jackson) Granted Karo isn't a striker like Brown, his striking has improved quite a bit since he entered the UFC. I think Karo will be able to get him to the ground and control him either ground and pound or armbar.
Naturaldisaster
11/1/08 4:48:53PM
Kim WILL beat Karo
PaleHorse
11/1/08 6:34:41PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Kim WILL beat Karo

DO YOU KNOW WHO KARO IS? DO YOU KNOW WHO HE IS ON THE STREETS? I DON'T. I just remember him giving Nate Diaz crap, I'm going to have to go with Kim here too.
Naturaldisaster
11/1/08 7:38:21PM

Posted by PaleHorse

Kim WILL beat Karo

DO YOU KNOW WHO KARO IS? DO YOU KNOW WHO HE IS ON THE STREETS? I DON'T. I just remember him giving Nate Diaz crap, I'm going to have to go with Kim here too.

Karo is boring. and all he does is look for a big judo slam. sorry to tell him but Kim is gonna be the one slammin him in in this fight. Im pretty sure kims judo is better than karos
PaleHorse
11/3/08 12:04:09AM

Posted by PaleHorse

Kim WILL beat Karo

Karo is boring. and all he does is look for a big judo slam. sorry to tell him but Kim is gonna be the one slammin him in in this fight. Im pretty sure kims judo is better than karos

I hope so to be honest, I was indifferent to Karo until he was on TUF. I won't lie he has a tough UD though.
cmill21
11/3/08 12:21:07AM
If this was a judo match I would take Kim. I'm still undecided, but I don't think Karo will be able to bore his way through this one, at least I hope not. I want Kim to slam him and TKO him.
nastshabast
11/3/08 12:46:41AM
I got Kim early Karo late but I'll pick Kim 1 or 2.
Wolfenstein
11/3/08 2:55:23AM
Kim seemed to gas pretty early last fight, or he just put it in cruise control in round 2. Kim's standup didn't look that great. I'm not sure if that was a product of Matt Brown being a superior striker, or Kim's lack of boxing skill. He has power but I'd like to see him use jab to set up the left straight. He looked a little predictable. Karo should have a slight edge on the feet.

The UFC is determined to match Karo up with a Judo guy. I like Kim a lot. He's a talented grappler, but I think Karo is the stronger grappler. Where Kim probably has an edge is in the submission game, but Karo has never been submitted.

A lot of question marks in this one. Kim was getting pretty heavily hyped and most people thought he would put Matt Brown away early, but it ended up being a really close fight. People are expecting a much better fighter, and I think he's a much better fighter having seen most of his fights in Deep. Karo on the other hand is in a mental funk, and people are beginning to write him off.

The way I see it, Kim has a lot to gain and a lot to lose (because it's always a lot when your undefeated) and Karo has a lot to gain and a lot to prove. If he can beat Kim he'll probably be put back up against some top guys with a shot at getting back up the ladder. A win for Kim would probably put him up against someone even higher up the chain at this point...maybe Diego Sanchez, or Jon Fitch.
gsquat
11/3/08 12:00:34PM
Karo takes this easily. Kim was less than impressive against Brown.
PaleHorse
11/4/08 5:24:59PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Kim seemed to gas pretty early last fight, or he just put it in cruise control in round 2. Kim's standup didn't look that great. I'm not sure if that was a product of Matt Brown being a superior striker, or Kim's lack of boxing skill. He has power but I'd like to see him use jab to set up the left straight. He looked a little predictable. Karo should have a slight edge on the feet.

The UFC is determined to match Karo up with a Judo guy. I like Kim a lot. He's a talented grappler, but I think Karo is the stronger grappler. Where Kim probably has an edge is in the submission game, but Karo has never been submitted.

A lot of question marks in this one. Kim was getting pretty heavily hyped and most people thought he would put Matt Brown away early, but it ended up being a really close fight. People are expecting a much better fighter, and I think he's a much better fighter having seen most of his fights in Deep. Karo on the other hand is in a mental funk, and people are beginning to write him off.

The way I see it, Kim has a lot to gain and a lot to lose (because it's always a lot when your undefeated) and Karo has a lot to gain and a lot to prove. If he can beat Kim he'll probably be put back up against some top guys with a shot at getting back up the ladder. A win for Kim would probably put him up against someone even higher up the chain at this point...maybe Diego Sanchez, or Jon Fitch.

Dropping down a weight class should help him bigtime, he'll be a HUGE welterweight, bigger than GSP and about as big as Fitch.
gartface
11/25/08 10:33:56AM

Posted by PaleHorse
Dropping down a weight class should help him bigtime, he'll be a HUGE welterweight, bigger than GSP and about as big as Fitch.

Who is dropping to welterweight?