Karo vs Lombard

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Karo vs Lombard
MALICE
9/24/07 6:39:19PM
Karo Parisyan vs Hector Lombard. Well there you have it. Karo is going to fight some unestablished fighter before anything else. Looks like Fitch may have his shot soon.

Lombard Stats
ocho-cinco
9/24/07 6:59:58PM
I don't mind Karo getting a fight just to stay sharp, while he waits for the bottle neck of contenders to clear out. I've said it before so I wont go into detail, but this wait for Serra and Hughes to settle there already boring rivalry is really messing up the welter weight division. We get it, they don't like each other. I dout it will get much beyond that.
MALICE
9/24/07 7:04:23PM
I also think Karo needs a quick match. He's only had one fight this year. But, I'm not sure why they would pick Lombard
hathcock32
9/24/07 7:10:22PM
How does he go from burkman to Lombard.......bummer
richieb19
9/24/07 9:46:53PM

Posted by hathcock32

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I can't believe how everyone is discrediting him because they don't know him. He's a much better fighter than Burkman, and his style is very similar to Karo's, it should be a great matchup. I'm shocked that people aren't thrilled that the UFC picked him up!
Sam_Rothstein
9/25/07 12:54:05AM
i think this will be a good fight for karo and i actually see him being able to submit lombard in the first round

i would like to see him fight for the title soon since he never did get the title shot he earned earliar in his career
hathcock32
9/25/07 1:38:22AM
I know who Lombard is. Just was hoping Karo would get a top contender. Burkman was looking good before his fight with Karo, hes a new guy coming into the UFC.Burkman was 4-1 in the UFC with his lone loss to Jon Fitch

Lombard hasnt been fighting the toughest guys like Karo.

Lombards last 6 fights
Draw Kyle Noke Draw CFC
Win Fabio Galeb KO OFC
Win Yusaku Tsukkumo Decision (Unanimous) WR 9
Win James Te Huna Submission WR 8
Win Eiji Ishikawa TKO (Punches) DEEP
Loss Gegard Mousasi Decision (Unanimous) PRIDE

KAro has fought Burkman, Fickett, Sanchez, Thompson, Serra, Lytle, Diaz, Pierre

I WOULD SAY ITS A STEP DOWN IN COMPETITION FOR KARO!!!!!!
NatedawgThaM
9/25/07 2:08:53AM
Karo is REAL good but nobody in UFC management I bet will not make a case for him for a Welter weight title shot until he FINISHES his fights!!!

I mean he's been in there with some tough, tough guys and his JUDO thorws would KO any guy and his stand up is really improving. I hope he can stop this fight before the 3rd round with punches or submission after a sick Judo throw because I want Karo to get the HUGE recognition he deserves!!!

I'm betting most UFC fans know him more off him appearing on TUF 5 arguing with Nate Diaz then his Octagon skills..

This will be a tough fight and I am also too suprised that mor epeple arent jumping out there seats because this should be a hell of a match because I'm betting Lombard will give him just as much as he can handle..
jomatty
9/25/07 2:16:18AM
if he gets past lombard let him and fitch fight to decide who get the winner of serra/hughes vs gsp. fitch is a bad matchup for karo but it would definitely be a competitive fight.
Naturaldisaster
9/25/07 3:00:00AM
Lombard I hear has some of the best judo in the world, so This will be a judo fight definitily. I think Karo will come out on top though because he is an all around fighter and can't hurt you anywhere you wanna go. definitly lookin forward to seein some judo throws
jomatty
9/25/07 9:32:42AM
id love to see some judo throws too but when too world class judo guys go at it without the gi i wouldnt expect too many. karo has adapted better than anyone to no-gi judo throws but the fact is that it makes it tough and both guys not only know how to throw but how to not be thrown so i just wouldnt expect much in the way of judo throws. kinda like when two world class wrestlers go at it and they are both so good it turns into a stand up fight
TNunley
9/25/07 9:39:33AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

....Karo is REAL good but nobody in UFC management I bet will not make a case for him for a Welter weight title shot until he FINISHES his fights!!!...

Completely agree... In the last 4 and a half years, he has only finished 2 fights (Dave Strasser, Nick Thompson). Granted he has fought some big names (including the current WW champ), he hit a brick wall in Diego Sanchez. Since then he has had 2 wins in the last year, but again neither of which he finished. Then again Sean Sherk hasn't finished the last 3 of his fights.
SteedTheDeed
9/25/07 2:48:17PM
karo will win this one
Kastro
9/25/07 5:38:41PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by hathcock32

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I can't believe how everyone is discrediting him because they don't know him. He's a much better fighter than Burkman, and his style is very similar to Karo's, it should be a great matchup. I'm shocked that people aren't thrilled that the UFC picked him up!

I was waiting for someone to say this..

I saw Hector Lombard's fight in Pride and all I have to say is - that man is an animal!

Karo is definitely going to have his hands full, im actually betting on Lombard the odds are just out of proportion here.

You cant always judge a fighter by statistics, Lombard is an insane fighter you guys will see when this fight goes down.
pv3Hpv3p
9/25/07 6:42:37PM
I like the judo vs judo matchup as well... Although I would have muuuuch rather seen a Karo vs Mach matchup, but I guess that didn't pan out...

IMHO, I see this as a fight Karo should win, probably not easily, but he should take it nontheless... And that would set him up for a fight with Fitch to find out who our next #1 contender will be