Karo,Karo Karo

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Karo,Karo Karo
Next Page »
skinnator
4/2/08 8:39:11PM
Karo Parysian just lost to Alves by Strikes 2 rnd. Just disipointed.

Do you have any disipointments?
CanadianCripplr
4/2/08 8:42:03PM
Ive been waitin to see that arrogant ass get ko ed since he showed up on TUF and showed his true colors. Hopefully i get the rest of my parlay across. Tiago was my longshot!!
NatedawgThaM
4/2/08 8:42:16PM
Damn that James Irvin!!!! Early stoppage!!!!

But thank god, Fitch is the clear #1 contender!!!!
juanez13
4/2/08 8:47:48PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

yea this fight defenately settles it, especially since fitch already beat thiago before
WhiteWidow
4/2/08 8:50:56PM
im pretty pissed houston lost and so quickly, i guess he dosnt have a chin...oh well james will be destroyed by a top 10 pretty soon,

i'm friggin stoked that alves knocked karo the F out i changed my pick at the last minute for some reason, but am happy about that

i also changed to boetsch at the last minute because of how confident he looked in the weigh ins but im not upset because i think hamill deserved a win after geting screwed by the crooked judges in england, so thats another loss im ok with having tonight

tommy speer vs anthony johnson pissed me off, i never liked johnson after he was racist talking about chad reiner in his debut, he said something along the lines of "hes gonna know he was beatdown by a black man" yes black people can be racist too....i hope he gets KTFO in his next fight

diaz vs pellegrino also was a huge disappointment, kurt dominating the fight got caught playing into diaz's gameplan of countering on the bottom, kurt shoulda just pounded him out in the first, bad gameplan
NatedawgThaM
4/2/08 8:54:34PM

Posted by WhiteWidow

tommy speer vs anthony johnson pissed me off, i never liked johnson after he was racist talking about chad reiner in his debut, he said something along the lines of "hes gonna know he was beatdown by a black man" yes black people can be racist too....i hope he gets KTFO in his next fight

How is that racist? He's black, and the guy got beaten down. How is that racist? It's not like he called him the C word or called him a white boy that was gonna get beaten down by a black man.
nickcuc547
4/2/08 8:56:58PM
karo wasnt that bad, he just ran into a big knee by alves, thats what happens when two great fighters face off.
Copenhagen
4/2/08 8:58:04PM
Edit
WhiteWidow
4/2/08 9:01:18PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by WhiteWidow

How is that racist? He's black, and the guy got beaten down. How is that racist? It's not like he called him the C word or called him a white boy that was gonna get beaten down by a black man.

LOL wow, so if i said in my pre fight interview this guy (lets say he was black) is going to know he was beaten down by a white man......see what i mean, racist, think before you speak bro
Twenty20Dollars
4/2/08 9:23:16PM
im glad karo got knocked out, i dont like him.

Hopefully GSP beats serra,fitch and then fitch and karo could fight.
wolfman
4/2/08 9:28:48PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

It was not an early stoppage, Houston was out and I don't think having your arms flailing behind your head is a proper way to defend yourself. Yeah, he recovered quick, but he was out before and he was even a little wobbly afterwards when he got up. I didn't want to see that fight end like that either, but it was a legit stoppage imo. I wish him the best though, dude needs a serious win fast.
Rush
4/2/08 10:38:50PM
Good stopage, but lack of class by Karo spitting in the cage afterwards.

Ordep
4/2/08 11:18:30PM

I really wanted Thiago to KO him...
gartface
4/2/08 11:18:37PM

Posted by nickcuc547

karo wasnt that bad, he just ran into a big knee by alves, thats what happens when two great fighters face off.

I felt he was dominating the first round. Catching leg kicks, he took Thiago out with relative ease. He just went for his strength, the clinch, and he left a cheek open and got kneed, and knocked out.

Posted by Rush

Good stopage, but lack of class by Karo spitting in the cage afterwards.

I'll admit my fanhood kicked in for a second and thought he was right to spit and bitch and moan. After watching the replay he crumpled, and was out, I think like Houston, he was woken up by a punch.

I don't know what to think right now.
Pitbull09
4/2/08 11:40:39PM
I couldnt believe Houston even though I think he is overhyped. But his striking is def not what I thought that his major flaw was lol. Irvin beat him in

WAR GUIDA MAYNARD AND ALVES

I knew these guys could pull it out and now Alves can be argued as top 5 in the division and Maynard is going to start getting noticed as he should

Great night for me
Pitbull09
4/2/08 11:43:06PM
Lol, also has anyone noticed Karo's bad luck with knee's. Poor guys already lost a tooth from one and been put on a million highlight reels for it

gartface
4/2/08 11:44:18PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Lol, also has anyone noticed Karo's bad luck with knee's. Poor guys already lost a tooth from one and been put on a million highlight reels for it

It wasn't a tooth, it was a veneer.
Kpro
4/3/08 4:44:50AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by WhiteWidow

Gotta think before you post. Said from the opposite angle it would be construed as racist.
babytater03
4/3/08 8:06:53AM
I was pretty happy with most of the fights.

However, one dissapointments: Speer

I had so much faith going into this fight for him, and i dont think he had a second of offense. Really expected more. Not gonna lie.
mrliquid
4/3/08 9:30:07AM
I thought speers striking was caveman like not technical at all I was dissapointed in Karo he is one of my fav fighters but he looked horribly out of shape and was very dissrespectful when he lost. Loved seeing Houston get knocked out with a superman by James always liked Irvin even though he wasnt my pick. and I was hyped to see Gray pull off a win everyone was saying Edgar was a better wrestler and would dominate him but Gray was just way to strong and his striking was very good. Diaz was lucky to catch that triangle I thought Kurt was doing awsome up untill than but overall it was a good fight
silverbullet
4/3/08 9:50:24AM
This is what happens when you try to pick your fights. Losing to Fitch would have done so much more for Karo than a win against Alves. The TKO loss is going to set Karo back at least another year.

Having said that, he looked REALLY fat at 170. He's gotta drop to LW. Karo will be top 3 in LW right off the bat. There's nothing for him right now in WW.
Franklinfan47
4/3/08 9:57:55AM
I think they could have let it go a bit longer but yea this definately sucks for Karo.
Rush
4/3/08 10:23:56AM

Posted by silverbullet

This is what happens when you try to pick your fights. Losing to Fitch would have done so much more for Karo than a win against Alves. The TKO loss is going to set Karo back at least another year.

Having said that, he looked REALLY fat at 170. He's gotta drop to LW. Karo will be top 3 in LW right off the bat. There's nothing for him right now in WW.

I agree with your first point, but the second one.... huh? I don't think Karo could ever drop to LW. With his build and height, I don't see it happening.
MMA
4/3/08 10:34:11AM
I don't think any of the fights were early stoppages. Here is a different angle of the Karo knockdown, you can see he was out and not defending himself.

As you can see, his arms are just flopping around. Not exactly what I call "intelligently" defending yourself. Poor Karo, is he doomed never to get a title shot?
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/3/08 10:55:50AM
Irvin & Alves did what i thought they would do........Edgar on the other hand.....looked kinda tiny against maynard didnt he?
Rush
4/3/08 11:08:24AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Irvin & Alves did what i thought they would do........Edgar on the other hand.....looked kinda tiny against maynard didnt he?

I thought Edgar was getting the better of the stand-up, but I was disappointed in his lack of being able to neutralize Gray's takedowns. I thought Edgar was a better wrestler than what he showed. Maybe it was the altitude, maybe Gray was bigger.
gartface
4/3/08 11:12:41AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

I thought Edgar was getting the better of the stand-up, but I was disappointed in his lack of being able to neutralize Gray's takedowns. I thought Edgar was a better wrestler than what he showed. Maybe it was the altitude, maybe Gray was bigger.

Like I was telling my buddies last night, Gray is a mammoth at 155. I like him though, he's not a typical UFC wrestler, he's not just going for take downs and "gnp" from guard.
He almost immediately postures up for a slam when he grabs ahold of both legs. He's exciting to watch, and I think in a year or two will be in the title picture.
AchillesHeel
4/3/08 11:36:58AM

Posted by CanadianCripplr

Ive been waitin to see that arrogant ass get ko ed since he showed up on TUF and showed his true colors.

I like Karo Parisyan less every time I see him.

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Yeah, I think that's pretty much settled now.

Posted by Rush

I had picked Edgar to win, but I did predict that Maynard's wrestling would be superior, and that Edgar would only win by "putting the 'mixed' in his mixed martial arts."

I also think that Edgar could probably fight at 145 if he wanted to. He's 5'6" and he doesn't look like he cuts a lot of weight to reach 155.

Posted by WhiteWidow

LOL wow, so if i said in my pre fight interview this guy (lets say he was black) is going to know he was beaten down by a white man...

At the risk of derailing the thread, it isn't accurate to assume that every street goes both ways. I agree that Black people can say racist things, and I didn't hear Johnson's comments about the Reiner fight, but a comment made by a Black person isn't the same as a comment made by a White person, because their circumstances aren't the same.

It's funny when Rampage Jackson says things like "you mean I can get paid to beat up White people?" But if Forrest Griffin said the same thing about Black people, it wouldn't be.
jocka
4/3/08 11:57:30AM

Posted by WhiteWidow

im pretty pissed houston lost and so quickly, i guess he dosnt have a chin...oh well james will be destroyed by a top 10 pretty soon,

Wow you really think that beacause Irvin knock him out with one superman punch he has a weak chin lets not forget that irvin is as big as you can be at 205 and man it was a superman punch did you think that Hugues had a weak chin when GSP knock him down with a superman punch??
stock
4/3/08 11:59:34AM

Posted by MMA

I don't think any of the fights were early stoppages. Here is a different angle of the Karo knockdown, you can see he was out and not defending himself.

As you can see, his arms are just flopping around. Not exactly what I call "intelligently" defending yourself. Poor Karo, is he doomed never to get a title shot?

Nice .gif!
You cannot blame any ref for that stoppage.
Karo catches a clean knee which buckles his knees, followed by 2 consecutive right hooks to the chin that landed clean.

This is nobody's fault but Karo's.
If you don't want to get lose, then don't get rocked. That will improve your chances of the ref stopping a fight early.
Pages: [1] 2