Karo vs Fitch...who wins?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Karo vs Fitch...who wins?
POLL: Fitch vs Parisyan...who wins?
Fitch by Decision 56% (24)
Karo by Decision 16% (7)
Fitch by KO/TKO 19% (8)
Karo by KO/TKO 0% (0)
Fitch by Submission 5% (2)
Karo by Submission 5% (2)
veritas
11/12/07 6:14:09PM
After Hughes and Serra fight, GSP takes the winner....after that who is the number one contender? Its gotta be either Fitch or Karo ya? (well one could argue Kos too). But for the sake of the exciting prospect of these two going toe to toe and their versatility all around, I think it would make for one heck of a fight. Who do you think would, or will (if it does happen) win? And how?

Or if you have someone else in mind who deserves a shot sooner let me know
Mayhem13
11/12/07 6:21:02PM
I went with Fitch by desicion...It would be a good fight, but I think Fitch would be able to control him on the ground, and thats how he'd get the W
xchickox
11/12/07 6:26:19PM
i've gone karo by sub, i know fitch is amazing and so strong but i just think karo would be too impressive for him on the ground
tuvok500
11/12/07 6:35:19PM
I voted Fitch UD !!

i think he is very close to the level of GSP !!!

Scott_Revels
11/12/07 7:15:16PM
I'm going with Fitch because sooner or later, he'll be the best P4P wrestler.. When guys like Hughes, and Couture can't or don't fight anymore, it'll be guys like Fitch that will rule the WW Division.. Sooner or later, that WW Title will be his, and though Karo is one talented and ******* bad ass fighter, he in my eyes is a stepping stone for returning, defending, or emerging champions..
MMAFightClothes
11/12/07 8:35:27PM
I agree with Scott on this one. Fitch would most likely beat Karo.
NatedawgThaM
11/12/07 9:01:23PM
Fitch to me is the #1 WW in the world and a really better version of Diego Sanchez.

I think he'd be to quick for Karo, I'd think he'd bet him like Diego did. He'd be the faster, stronger guy and out strike him and limit the judo offense of Karo.

I see him forcing Karo into a bad spot and stopping him...
Scott_Revels
11/12/07 10:02:03PM
I also think that because of Fitch's size it'd be hard for Karo to get one of those Judo tosses or whatever he does (I can't remember, which sucks, because it's actually pretty cool.). Fitch is a beast sized man, who doesn't need much strength to overpower his opponents. He'd likely just pick up Karo, and slam him/take down him, and GNP.. I don't know if Karo has ever had to face a GNP, so I don't know if he has any defense against it.. Someone else might need to help me on that one.
Blizzard
11/12/07 10:54:08PM
Decision either way, but I would go with Fitch.
Pitbull09
11/13/07 12:51:30AM
This is exactly what will happen in the WW division and its a great post. As good as Karo is, its going to be Fitch by decision if one of them doesnt score a KO.
Schizoidman
11/13/07 2:10:14AM
I'm not impressed by Fitch. His fight against Diego Sanchez was lackluster, and that was definately not the same Diego that fought Karo. Karo is so dynamic, and his throws are so technical that it doesn't matter how big Fitch is. That's beginner stuff anyway - technique dominates size. I think Karo's transitions on the ground are too technical for Fitch. He won't be able to lay on top of Karo and wait out a decision like he usually does. Not to mention, Karo is taking his training much more seriously now that he knows he can't rely on his talent alone.

Karo by Submission or Decision
Jackelope
11/13/07 2:26:20AM
I cannot wait for this fight to happen, if it does.

This is one of the few times I go against Karo, though.
jgtribbett
11/13/07 9:55:48AM
fitch UD
JWils
11/13/07 10:14:42AM

Posted by veritas

After Hughes and Serra fight, GSP takes the winner....after that who is the number one contender? Its gotta be either Fitch or Karo ya? (well one could argue Kos too). But for the sake of the exciting prospect of these two going toe to toe and their versatility all around, I think it would make for one heck of a fight. Who do you think would, or will (if it does happen) win? And how?

Or if you have someone else in mind who deserves a shot sooner let me know

I voted Fitch by TKO. Fitch is a beast. I like his style. He has really impressed me over the last year. I think he would smother Karo and wear him down. Then would eventually get Karo in a bad position and ground-n-pound his way to a ref stoppage.

Fitch will be one of the UFC's biggest stars at the end of next year. I think he has what it takes to be the #1 welterweight in the world.
CornishMMA
11/13/07 10:45:08AM
Currently the poll surprises me!!!!!!!!!!

Fitch - 23 votes
Karo - 6 votes

I voted Fitch UD but thought Karo had more fans, guess Fitch beating Diego has swayed them to his side
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/13/07 11:01:57AM
Jonny boy
warglory
11/13/07 3:24:44PM

Posted by Schizoidman

I'm not impressed by Fitch. His fight against Diego Sanchez was lackluster, and that was definately not the same Diego that fought Karo. Karo is so dynamic, and his throws are so technical that it doesn't matter how big Fitch is. That's beginner stuff anyway - technique dominates size. I think Karo's transitions on the ground are too technical for Fitch. He won't be able to lay on top of Karo and wait out a decision like he usually does. Not to mention, Karo is taking his training much more seriously now that he knows he can't rely on his talent alone.

Karo by Submission or Decision

I love how when a popular fighter loses, its all of a sudden "he wasn't the same fighter." There was nothing wrong with Diego, he just was dominated, you could see it in his eye at the end of the match. Diego is a great fighter, but Fitch is better.

And where are these matches where he waits out decisions? He has finished 4 of his 7 UFC matches and 11 of his 15 victories have been finishes, so I have no idea where you have come to that decision. Like all Fitch's other UFC opponents, Karo will find out that he will be very difficult to take down, and if he does get him down (which is entirely possible knowing the skill of Karo), keeping him down will be an even more difficult task.

I love Karo, but Fitch would likely finish this one.
atlas777
11/14/07 1:56:34PM
This would be an awesome fight i dont know who i would pick i might lean a little toward Karo maybe but im not sure Fitch is a beast and i wouldnt care who won this fight becuase im sure it would be amazing.