Karo's the boring one?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Karo's the boring one?
gartface
3/2/08 1:41:25AM
Did you watch Jon Fitch tonight?
bullettdodger
3/2/08 1:44:48AM

Posted by gartface

Yeah, i think he didn't give his opponant enough credit coming into the fight, i thnk Fitch figured that he would just steam roll the guy and when he didn't had to regroup. I don't know about boring... but lackluster might be a more apt term... Though i don't consider Karo boring anyway...
MikeBillotto
3/2/08 1:45:34AM

but karo's last exciting fight was......? no one knows. so they are both equally boring.

also fitch has ended most of his fights.

oh and by the way.

Cant wait till UFN
bullettdodger
3/2/08 1:47:12AM

Posted by MikeBillotto

but karo's last exciting fight was......? no one knows. so they are both equally boring.

oh and by the way.

Cant wait till UFN

Neither can I, that event is going to be so INSANE!
gartface
3/2/08 1:48:44AM

Posted by MikeBillotto

oh and by the way.

Cant wait till UFN

Karo's last exciting fight was against Josh Burkman, two fights ago.

BTW, Karo has finished the same number of fights that Jon Fitch has.

Edit: I can't wait for UFN 13 either, I can't believe that Zuffa is going to give that to us for free.
ufcboss
3/2/08 1:59:50AM
The Fitch fight was NOT boring, AT ALL.

Fitch lost the 1st, And then overcome him.

I cant believe 2 judges scored it 30-27, How do 2 takedowns mean so much,
I score fights on how much damage has been dealt to the fighter, And sorry but Fitch got beat in the 1st round, Easy.

Fitch won the fight, But not 30-27, No FU@#ING WAY, This scoring in MMA needs to fixed, SOON.
gartface
3/2/08 2:03:46AM

Posted by ufcboss

The Fitch fight was NOT boring, AT ALL.

Fitch lost the 1st, And then overcome him.

I cant believe 2 judges scored it 30-27, How do 2 takedowns mean so much,
I score fights on how much damage has been dealt to the fighter, And sorry but Fitch got beat in the 1st round, Easy.

Fitch won the fight, But not 30-27, No FU@#ING WAY, This scoring in MMA needs to fixed, SOON.

About the 10 point system. It's garbage, this isn't boxing...
MikeBillotto
3/2/08 2:06:00AM
dude karo has ended 2 fights in the ufc

fitch has ended 4 in the ufc.

so karo defintily has ended the same amount.
gartface
3/2/08 2:07:21AM

Posted by MikeBillotto

dude karo has ended 2 fights in the ufc

fitch has ended 4 in the ufc.

so karo defintily has ended the same amount.

They both have 9 career finishes...
emfleek
3/2/08 2:13:14AM
Newsflash...not every match will end with a submission or knockout.

If you want every fight to be an exciting fight, you're watching the wrong sport, brother.
MikeBillotto
3/2/08 2:28:12AM

Posted by emfleek

If you want every fight to be an exciting fight, you're watching the wrong sport, brother.

ok thats obviously true. but everyone wants to see an exciting fight. and we're aloud to debate whos boring and who's not.
emfleek
3/2/08 2:36:41AM
I know this...but there's been this ongoing Karo/Fitch debate the past couple of days that's IMPOSSIBLE to win for either side. Both have their exciting fights and both have their fair share of boring fights.

Until they fight, there's no telling who the better fighter actually is. It's like you and I arguing about who's car is faster when we live thousands of miles apart and we talk to each other on the internet. There's no way to know unless we actually race.
emfleek
3/2/08 2:38:07AM

Posted by emfleek

And -10,000 points for me for th usage of "brother". Sorry for the Hulkster talk, fellas.
wolfman
3/2/08 2:57:51AM

Posted by emfleek

Huh? MMA is the right sport for seeing the most exciting fights. Boxing is the sport you are thinking of. j/k
cmill21
3/2/08 3:26:49AM
I thought there was lots of action and it was a good fight. I personally don't care if it's a decision or not, as long as there's action and you see both guys working constantly. To me being pissed that someone can't KO a guy is stupid because if you watch a fight such as Cro Cop Hunt, you'll see a ton of huge shots that should put a guy away but some guys are just weird like that, Machida Nakamura is another good example.
Kpro
3/2/08 3:32:32AM
That was not a boring fight at all.

Not knowing who will win during a fight also creates excitement; not just first round KO.

Go watch a toughman competition fairweather fans.
gartface
3/2/08 3:58:52AM
I thought Chris Wilson was going to knock him out early after that high kick.

This post was mainly because of all the Karo bashing because people just seeing his record from going to decisions all the time.
I found this fight to be entertaining, the title and the first post are just directed towards those who were bashing Karo for being boring because he goes to decisions.
Maybe got a little misconstrued.
Kpro
3/2/08 4:09:53AM
I wasn't directing my post at you; I've read your posts over the past few days and completely agree that Karo isn't boring, and I know you were directing your post at those who said that Karo was boring because he went to decision (which Fitch just did).

I was more so posting about the many people on message boards right now saying that the fight proves Fitch isn't a deserving contender.

I think Fitch and Karo both deserve their spot in the sun this year.
gartface
3/2/08 4:13:42AM

Posted by Kpro

I wasn't directing my post at you; I've read your posts over the past few days and completely agree that Karo isn't boring, and I know you were directing your post at those who said that Karo was boring because he went to decision (which Fitch just did).

I was more so posting about the many people on message boards right now saying that the fight proves Fitch isn't a deserving contender.

I think Fitch and Karo both deserve their spot in the sun this year.

I think we're all in agreement that if they fought it would be a FOTY candidate.
With that being said, do you think that if Karo beats Alves, that Fitch and Karo will fight for #1?
Kpro
3/2/08 4:17:45AM
I would honestly prefer for each to get their shots than to fight for #1 status. They both have worked extremely hard over the past few years for one to be knocked back to square one.
gartface
3/2/08 4:18:54AM
Yeah that's true, not to bash Jon Fitch, but it would be doubly shitty for Karo since he has already had to work his way back up after that hamstring tear.
Gipper
3/2/08 8:28:19AM
i don't give a shit about exciting......it's who wins the war. fitch and karo have done pretty good jobs at that. they NEED to make a number 1 contender fight like they did with gsp and penn. it's the only way. i don't really like karo but he's paid his dues.
DevonFoxy
3/2/08 11:45:35AM

Posted by gartface

I did watch Fitch and i have to disagree with you. That was a great fight and you could tell both fighters were going 100%.

I felt the when it hit the ground it was one of the best ground fights I've seen.Both guys trying to improve their position both guys were trying to finish the fight. The problem was they are both great fighters and not many people gave credit to Wilson for being a great fighter. Most people that do not do their homework would think Fitch would take him down and pound him out fairly easy.

Sorry but that was not the case as Wilson is no joke and id look for him to be a strong candidate for a serious threat to a top 10 fighter in the UFC. He did great against Fitch and thats not because Fitch took him lightly its because Chris is no joke.

Great fight in my opinion and was on the edge of my seat the whole fight. both fighters tried to finish it when ever they could.

Great start to night in my opinion.

What respect as well at the end. They are both in store for great things in this sport
Rush
3/2/08 11:56:28AM
This fight was not boring. I thought it was a great fight. That being said, despite me picking Fitch to win, he did not impress me in this fight.

I think Wilson showed that Fitch is not the "God" that so many people seem to make him out to be. In fact, I moved Fitch down a notch in my rankings because of this fight. I was more impressed with Koscheck and switched their positions.

About the scoring, yeah I agree. I gave the first round to Wilson. That was a no brainer. The next two rounds went to Fitch, but not by too much.

This fight solidified my feeling that if Fitch got a title shot against GSP, he would be dismantled.
gartface
3/2/08 12:30:35PM
Did you guys not read my posts? I'm not saying that fight was boring, I was actually entertained by it. I was saying that to all the Karo bashers and Fitch nuthuggers, that think that Karo is only boring because he goes to decision.
Most of my favorite fights are decisions. Like i said in a previous post I should have worded it differently, it got misconstrued apparently.
Rush
3/2/08 12:40:39PM

Posted by gartface

Did you guys not read my posts? I'm not saying that fight was boring, I was actually entertained by it. .

Sorry dude, but your first post and the thread title leave a strong impression that you thought the fight was boring.
juanez13
3/2/08 1:57:34PM

- White stopped short of officially naming Jon Fitch as the next challenger for the winner of the welterweight title unification match at UFC 83 in April between Matt Serra in Georges St. Pierre. However, White might as well have given Fitch the official moniker. He said that Fitch "realistically" is line for the next welterweight title shot. At one point White said Fitch "could have waited for his title shot" but chose to fight instead. It wouldn't surprise me if other sites report that White said Fitch will get the next shot, that's how strong his comments were worded.

LINK

so for those ruling out fitch getting the next title shot, Dana differs.
gartface
3/2/08 2:20:54PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by gartface

Did you guys not read my posts? I'm not saying that fight was boring, I was actually entertained by it. .

Sorry dude, but your first post and the thread title leave a strong impression that you thought the fight was boring.

Yeah sorry about that, I posted something earlier in the thread clearing it up as well.
skinnator
4/2/08 10:32:48PM
I like Karo. Hes a good guy working his keister every fight