"Karma" Vs Revenge

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » "Karma" Vs Revenge
EvenFlow
12/22/08 3:29:28AM
It's safe to assume we've all gotten karma-like situations reign upon others or ourselves. And we've all gotten revenge, anywhere from minor methods or severe ones. My question is which is more fulfilling, "Karma" / Coincidence type redemption or taking action and actually getting revenge?

From personal experience it largly depends on the situation and person. For instance I've gotten revenge on people I knew would never feel remorse for the wrong they've done to me, friends or family. However I've heard and seen plenty of karma-type situations come peoples way and it was just as pleasing as putting break fluid on their car lol.

I dont believe in god, destiny / fate or karma. In most cases peoples conscience catches up with them when something bad happens. It's common for most people to think it's "Karma" right away or later on.... "This is what I get for sleeping with my best friends wife" et cetera

In conclusion everything in life is one big coincidence which is how we got here, it was a galactic coincidence we even exist, if one more asteroid had hit in any of Earth's developments we wouldn't be here as well as other coincidences later in the evolutionary track. Besides If you have little to no conscience it's impossible for "Karma" to exist to that person, so in technical terms Revenge > "Karma"

But still what is more fulfilling, "karma" or revenge?
Pookie
12/22/08 3:39:17AM

I dont understand what you mean by fulfilling in this situation. From the sound of it niether are fulfilling at all, to me at least
EvenFlow
12/22/08 3:42:14AM
In general which is better, I'm confused that your confused
Mungooch
12/22/08 4:31:01AM
REVENGE. I'm all about messing with people. Karma may be fulfilling but can sometimes take a little long
big_timmy
12/22/08 6:44:42AM
I LOVE playing game with people. And i've found im actually very good at it, which is a dangerous thing.

But i find revenge is always the most satisfying. But it has to be a real smug victory for me to feel real good about it.

Like my ex keeps telling me she misses me, after i broke up with her for constantly pissing all over everything i believe in, and disrespecting me. So whenever i get thsoe messages from her, i tell her to **** off, and she's chosen her life now, now live with it. And there is nothing better than knowing she misses me, cause i have exacted revenge on her for treating me like crap.

I've found that life needs to be grabbed by the balls, and humped into submission sometimes, cause waiting for shit that may never happen wastes too many of our precious days.

i dont believ in Karma, cause i seen too many bad things happen to too many good people, and vice versa. So if you want something bad to happen to someone, best give life a little shove in the right direction. Im not saying shoot anyone, but if your laughing at the end of the day, thats all that matters.
dannyfrank
12/22/08 7:52:20AM
neither. i dont believe in karma and im more of a "forgive and forget" type of person. unless someone REALLY f*cked with me of course
MikeyG
12/22/08 8:16:00AM

Posted by Pookie

I dont understand what you mean by fulfilling in this situation. From the sound of it niether are fulfilling at all, to me at least

nicccceeee, i got the okay to bang your girlfriend with no repercussion
aaa9erh8er
12/22/08 4:15:35PM
form personal experience revenge is funner and more temporarily fulfilling but when someone know getsfuc*k by karma its pretty good but when you your self are on the shi* end of karma that sucks 2
warglory
12/22/08 5:54:44PM

Posted by big_timmy

I LOVE playing game with people. And i've found im actually very good at it, which is a dangerous thing.

But i find revenge is always the most satisfying. But it has to be a real smug victory for me to feel real good about it.

Like my ex keeps telling me she misses me, after i broke up with her for constantly pissing all over everything i believe in, and disrespecting me. So whenever i get thsoe messages from her, i tell her to **** off, and she's chosen her life now, now live with it. And there is nothing better than knowing she misses me, cause i have exacted revenge on her for treating me like crap.

I've found that life needs to be grabbed by the balls, and humped into submission sometimes, cause waiting for shit that may never happen wastes too many of our precious days.

i dont believ in Karma, cause i seen too many bad things happen to too many good people, and vice versa. So if you want something bad to happen to someone, best give life a little shove in the right direction. Im not saying shoot anyone, but if your laughing at the end of the day, thats all that matters.

Dude, I stopped reading your post for a moment after the phrase "constantly pissing all over everything." For some reason, I chose to stop reading there (which would have completed the thought), but this phrase just made me wonder what kind of girl you were dating.

To reply to your comment though, I consider myself to be a fiercely loyal, honest and generous person where making others happy makes me happy, and I find that simply being nice to people, even you enemies, pays out in huge dividends later on.

Your particular take on life definitely works for some people, especially if you are a go getter (type A personality), but for people like me who are pretty laid back, it's always good to have a shitload of people on your side.
big_timmy
12/22/08 6:08:01PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by big_timmy

Dude, I stopped reading your post for a moment after the phrase "constantly pissing all over everything." For some reason, I chose to stop reading there (which would have completed the thought), but this phrase just made me wonder what kind of girl you were dating.

To reply to your comment though, I consider myself to be a fiercely loyal, honest and generous person where making others happy makes me happy, and I find that simply being nice to people, even you enemies, pays out in huge dividends later on.

Your particular take on life definitely works for some people, especially if you are a go getter (type A personality), but for people like me who are pretty laid back, it's always good to have a shitload of people on your side.

Im a very laid back kinda person aswell, but i enjoy a nice dose of revenge aswell. I was laid back, and thats why she walked all over everything i stood for. Like the vikings worshipped the bear before me, i too am like one. You play nice, i'll be all cuddly. You cross me, i'll rip your throat out with my bare hands.

Nuff said.
SpiderSilva
12/22/08 7:23:17PM
Revenge is sweet and Karma is a bitch
Rollins
12/22/08 8:03:09PM
Why are you asking which is better when you don't believe in Karma? Wouldn't that leave you only one other choice? And by the quality of the question you obviously don't understand the true concept of Karma. I'm not going to write a book for you here but you might want to look into it.

And by the way, Karma is action, the resulting positive,neutral, negative repercussions are the result of the Karmic impressions of the intention of the action. Only when the right conditions manifest do the "fruit" of Karmic impressions come into effect, could be soon or it could Eons.

So if you want to see immediate action go with revenge and suffer the repercussions or this negative Karma/action whenever they arise.
EvenFlow
12/22/08 9:02:49PM

Posted by RollinsisGod
Why are you asking which is better when you don't believe in Karma?

I was asking which is more fulfilling, as in which one makes you feel better about being scrwed over, et cetera...notice "karma" is in apprenthesis so it really meant coincidence, coincidence can be vengeful or just plain random, I thought that was obvious...

Posted by RollinsisGod
Wouldn't that leave you only one other choice?

Like I said "karma" is in apprenthesis so adjust attention span accordingly and "karma" can be brought upon you in vengeful form as well as coincidental form, vengeful form can make them think such "karma" even exists as well as random events, which in turn could change lives dramatically for the better.

Posted by RollinsisGod
And by the quality of the question you obviously don't understand the true concept of Karma. I'm not going to write a book for you here but you might want to look into it.

Lol "An action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation"..which is a load of b/s, I understand what it is and it isnt factual or have any scientific grounding to it. It's all in your head, life is all a coincidence if you read anything I said earlier but I see you probably wanted to write a religious speech tied in with this so I'm sorry that I even mentioned anything of the sort.

Posted by RollinsisGod
And by the way, Karma is action, the resulting positive,neutral, negative repercussions are the result of the Karmic impressions of the intention of the action. Only when the right conditions manifest do the "fruit" of Karmic impressions come into effect, could be soon or it could Eons.

No...lol "karma" is in your head, if you have no conscience its impossible for that to exist, "bad".. "good" and any other emotion are states of mind that are made such by the humans who fabricated it. No other animal has "karma" because it's a made up fairy tale to make people behave, so go ahead and believe in it, thats cool man.

Posted by RollinsisGod
So if you want to see immediate action go with revenge and suffer the repercussions or this negative Karma/action whenever they arise.

Okay this is where you really got off track, "karma" cannot exist if its a rightous vengeance or remorseless actions (again more states of mind) so while you ponder this think of all the people who will never experience "karma" when they've done horrific awful things judged so by the majority, to some...no remorse..no regrets...beginning to see the picture? if not please dont bother with the inevitable psychology b/s.

"Karma" is just another religious affiliation when you say "it could take eons to come your way" suppose Im not spiritual does that make you right because I dont believe in text that people who didnt know half of what we knew wrote or believed? ...we shouldnt get into this man
Sledge23
12/23/08 12:24:31AM
Rollins why you gotta be a hater
MMAcca
12/23/08 12:31:42AM
12/23/08 2:39:17AM
You used the word Karma and didn't like the answer I gave you , Sorry but that's on you. Don't ask a question referencing something you know nothing about and shoot down someone who does if you disagree them when it was you that asked the initial question.

Pookie
12/23/08 3:16:18AM

Posted by MikeyG

Posted by Pookie

Not what i am saying, the word fulfilling in this context basically means satisfying i would assume.

Niether Karma nor Revenge would be satisfying to me after you hypothetically banged my girlfriend. Im going to be the same amount of angry regardless... Im not going to look back at the situation and think
"Hey he ****** my girlfriend, and i beat him up, im satisfied with how this whole situation went down."
The most satisfying result would be getting over the sleazy girlfriend in the first place, cause if you have to beat the dude up to get over it... then your letting some unfaithful women mess with your mind even after the relationships over, how can this be satisfying to anyone?
Pookie
12/23/08 3:31:54AM

Posted by EvenFlow

...so adjust attention span accordingly ...

Lol "An action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation"..which is a load of b/s ...

...but I see you probably wanted to write a religious speech tied in with this...

...beginning to see the picture? if not please dont bother with the inevitable psychology b/s.

"Karma" is just another religious affiliation when you say "it could take eons to come your way" suppose Im not spiritual does that make you right because I dont believe in text that people who didnt know half of what we knew wrote or believed? ...we shouldnt get into this man

All this is ish and really serves no purpose but to get a rise out of people.

MikeyG
12/23/08 2:56:51PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by MikeyG

Posted by Pookie

Not what i am saying, the word fulfilling in this context basically means satisfying i would assume.

Niether Karma nor Revenge would be satisfying to me after you hypothetically banged my girlfriend. Im going to be the same amount of angry regardless... Im not going to look back at the situation and think
"Hey he ****** my girlfriend, and i beat him up, im satisfied with how this whole situation went down."
The most satisfying result would be getting over the sleazy girlfriend in the first place, cause if you have to beat the dude up to get over it... then your letting some unfaithful women mess with your mind even after the relationships over, how can this be satisfying to anyone?

yeah i get what your saying but you thought way to deep on that one and missed the point, never mind