Karitonov's new opponent Michael Russow at Pride 33.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Karitonov's new opponent Michael Russow at Pride 33.
madmarck
2/21/07 9:30:19AM
Link

Russian heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov (Pictures) (13-3-0) will make his U.S. fighting debut Saturday on PRIDE's card in Las Vegas, the Japanese promoter announced via its Web site Tuesday.

Loser of two in a row, Kharitonov looks to rebound against American Michael Russow (3-0-0, 1 NC), a late addition after the Nevada State Athletic Commission denied Dutch fighter Gilbert Yvel (Pictures) a license to fight last week.

So Sergei Kharitonov is slated to fight a unknown fighter by the name of
Nakamura was also taken off this card due to injury. He was scheduled to fight Travis Wiuff. A replacement for Nakamura is being looked for.Michael Russow . Russow only has 4 MMA fights and is only in his 2nd year of fighting. He was what is considered Cannon Fodder (or a Can to the mean people).

For More Info check out MMA weekly.
JoeMimic
2/21/07 9:49:38AM
I still dont know how they dont allow Wes Sims/Fujita to fight but they allow this? Cro Cop/Sanchez was a major stretch IMO too. I don't think Russow has a shot in hell against Sergei.
madmarck
2/21/07 11:03:48AM
Thats how they got him on short notice. Top Tier fighters know better than to do this. But lower level guys see a chance at the big times and a bigger than normal paycheck.
Its kinda like the chance of a lifetime. What if magically they KO the big star. This never happens but there is always taht chance.
Manfred
2/21/07 11:13:21AM
Why not Wiuff/Sergei? It would be at lot better match up? Are they going to find a last minute can for Wuiff too?
JoeMimic
2/21/07 11:14:49AM

Posted by madmarck

Thats how they got him on short notice. Top Tier fighters know better than to do this. But lower level guys see a chance at the big times and a bigger than normal paycheck.
Its kinda like the chance of a lifetime. What if magically they KO the big star. This never happens but there is always taht chance.

I'm talking about the NSCA; who nixed a Wes Sims/Fujita fight but apparently is allowing this to go on.
madmarck
2/21/07 11:15:51AM

Posted by JoeMimic

Posted by madmarck

I'm talking about the NSCA; who nixed a Wes Sims/Fujita fight but apparently is allowing this to go on.

Yeah i know who you were talking about.
They Are the ones who Let Ceaser Gracie fight Frank Shamrock.