Kampmann Out Of UFC Main Event VS Franklin

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kampmann Out Of UFC Main Event VS Franklin
zephead
5/7/07 4:34:14PM
Martin Kampmann is out of the announced main event for the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s first foray into Northern Ireland. He was scheduled to enter the Octagon to face the #4 ranked middleweight fighter in the world and former UFC Middleweight Champion Rich Franklin.

LINK
richieb19
5/7/07 4:44:14PM
Thats too bad, but maybe for the better as Kampann has incredible talent, I just don't think hes ready for someone like Franklin... hopefully a good alternate can be found...
Stickan
5/7/07 5:02:25PM

Posted by richieb19

Thats too bad, but maybe for the better as Kampann has incredible talent, I just don't think hes ready for someone like Franklin... hopefully a good alternate can be found...

My thoughts exactly. He's very good but not just ready for Franklin. Okami has been rumoured as a replacement. That would be a much better match-up IMO.
Striking-wise I think Franklin has the edge but I don't think he'll be able to hurt Okami on the feet. Okami is like Machida, too evasive and fast for a guy like Franklin. On the ground it's all Okami.
KnuckleSandwich
5/7/07 5:42:07PM
Feed Rich Quarry again if Okami cant go IMO
chentay2112
5/7/07 6:05:31PM
i was really looking forward to that fight as well
rcg916
5/7/07 6:39:45PM
Okami/Frankin would be a good one. Personally, Im ready for Swick/Kendall down the road...
creativedestruction
5/8/07 12:00:38AM
lame.