Kampmann vs Marquardt

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kampmann vs Marquardt
Kastro
9/1/08 8:01:42PM
Looks like this is going to be a great fight... Kampmann has a great record and is 4-0 in the UFC with his only MMA loss coming from a cut... Marquardt on the other hand is a very tough, and large 185 lb'er who is hard to deal with for anybody he fights (with the exception of Anderson Silva)..

Im having a little trouble picking a winner for this fight.. Kampmann has an impressive resume and has never been decisively beaten however he doesn't have any experience over top guys (McFedries, Rivera, Leites are good but not TOP guys in my opinon)..

Marquardt on the other hand has been in there with better competiton and has held his ground at times... though he has been known to buckle when the pressure is tight and can get ahead of himself.

I just dont know which pick to make on this bout... the more experienced Marquardt or the more crisp looking Kampmann?

What are your thoughts guys.. lets disucss the details of this bout before friday comes!
juanez13
9/1/08 8:06:15PM
Marquardt by being bigger and stronger. He'll have the ability to take Kampman down when he wants, and his BJJ is top notch so I dont see him getting subbed. Even standing, although Kampman is a good striker he doesnt have/put alot of power into his strikes, and I believe a strong puncher like Marquardt can beat him standing (McFedries was hurting Kampman alot while the fight was standing).

I see a hard fought but clear decision for Marquardt on this one.
Jackelope
9/1/08 8:10:58PM
All I know for certain is that I'm excited as hell for this fight. Seeing Kampmann back in action is going to be awesome.

Marquardt has looked strong lately and Kampmann is coming off a big layoff with a huge injury. We'll see how that plays out.
Aether
9/1/08 8:19:56PM
This is a close call, but I am strongly leaning towards Marquardt just because he's bigger and stronger. I think Nate will probably just out-wrestle him. If Martin wins it will almost definitely be by decision. I haven't made my picks yet, I really want Kampmann to win but I have to say I think Nate is too strong for him. Should be an awesome fight.
bls1919
9/1/08 8:28:54PM
Nate is going to takew Martin dwon and grind out a late TKO or a UD. Kampmann is good but i see the cards falling Marquardts way that night. He's bigger, stronger and more experienced in big fights. He is also looking to get back to the top of that division.
DiabloFreak56
9/1/08 8:28:56PM
i know alot of people like marquardt. i believe is verry VERY talented and easily can win this fight. but im going with kampman in a UD.
jiujitsufreak74
9/1/08 8:31:10PM

Posted by juanez13

Marquardt by being bigger and stronger. He'll have the ability to take Kampman down when he wants, and his BJJ is top notch so I dont see him getting subbed. Even standing, although Kampman is a good striker he doesnt have/put alot of power into his strikes, and I believe a strong puncher like Marquardt can beat him standing (McFedries was hurting Kampman alot while the fight was standing).

I see a hard fought but clear decision for Marquardt on this one.

and used the same logic in my UFC 88 predictions video only i think he will get him with GnP in the second
jae_1833
9/1/08 8:46:39PM
I got Nate for a lot of the same reasons, however I think if he wins it'll be due to a GNP. I think Kampmann has a good chance with a sub from the bottom, but will pay for it if he catches Nate for sure. This sure will be an exciting fight though!!!
Twenty20Dollars
9/1/08 8:53:26PM
Nate by total domination
prozacnation1978
9/1/08 9:05:39PM
i am really looking forward to this fight, i got kampmann winning this one
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/1/08 9:17:31PM
kampmann second round tko.
RedCloud
9/1/08 10:15:51PM
That Kampmann injury is going to play some kind of role in this.
Even the smallest flaw would cause the fight to go to Nate.
The Great by Unanimous Decision.
KYGUY07
9/2/08 2:55:50AM
I think skil wise they are pretty much even but I think marquardts size is going to be the deciding factor for this fight. hes gonna be to strong for kampmann to deal with i think marquardt will get him down and submit him prolly rd.3
LionHeartWarchild
9/2/08 4:16:29AM
I have to go with Nate on this one. He's just the bigger stronger guy. I don't see Kampmann being able to withstand too much of Nates assault.
DoTheMMAth
9/2/08 11:22:11AM
Nate in round 2 by well-roundedness.