Justin McCully Trains with Al "Stankie" Stankiewicz for Upcoming Bout

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Justin McCully Trains with Al "Stankie" Stankiewicz for Upcoming Bout
Wolfenstein
12/6/08 2:43:31PM
McCully said he went back to basics in his training with the now-famous Al "Stankie" Stankiewicz in preparation for his bout with Eddie Sanchez (8-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC).

"I didn't necessarily make any adjustments," McCully said. "But I brought in one of my old boxing trainers, Al 'Stankie.' So I've been hitting my cardio a little bit harder. My boxing, my hands, my wrestling, it's all good.

link
jakeiceman
12/6/08 2:57:51PM
McCully just does not excite me in the slightest, or Sanchez for that matter....I think this is a gatekeeper battle for sure.
DCRage
12/6/08 3:08:17PM
Good for McCully. Now remember to bring Stankie with you to cageside for the fight.
bls1919
12/6/08 7:38:01PM
I think McCully should be able to out wrestle sanchez and sub him early. Both guys haven't shown much excitment but i think McCully will bring the pain!!
kasual
12/6/08 10:14:14PM
That's cool for him. He could definitely use the win, the way the UFC has been cutting them left right and centre, who knows who's next. Don't see too much interest in this match as a whole, for the first time in years the heavyweight division is exciting and it's certainly not because of guys like this. Come to think of it, I don't know a single Punishment guy that has been impressive.