Junior Dos Santos Versus Gabriel Gonzaga in UFC Heavyweight Matchup

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Junior Dos Santos Versus Gabriel Gonzaga in UFC Heavyweight Matchup
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/11/09 10:34:14PM
A matchup between Fighters.com’s seventh-ranked heavyweight “Cigano” Junior dos Santos (9-1) and former UFC title challenger “Napão” Gabriel Gonzaga (11-4) is in the works, Fighters.com has confirmed with a source close to one of the fighters.

Fighters.com hasn’t confirmed the date of the fight and no contracts are signed. If the matchup is in December, it’s likely to occur at UFC 107 at the FedExForum in Memphis December 12. However, according to unconfirmed reports, that card is already stacked with pay-per-view quality matchups. UFC 108 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas January 2 and is also a likely event for the matchup.

Link
prozacnation1978
10/11/09 11:44:46PM
yeah 107 is stacked already i mean either the buentello vs duffee fight or belcher vs goueveia won't even be on the main card

i do think this will be for ufc108 great fight
but i do thnik gonzaga will be eating mat yet again
Giant_Ochai
10/12/09 10:18:41AM
Hopefully Gonzaga doesn't come out trading and instead tests dos Santos' ground game. Everyone has already proclaimed that dos Santos is god and he hasn't even hit the mat yet.
sparky
10/12/09 11:03:34AM
Dos Santos will kill Gonzaga mark my words
State_Champ
10/12/09 12:08:03PM
I'm not sure just how good Dos Santos is, I haven't seen enough of him, but I do think that he'll put a whooping on Gonzaga.
bjj1605
10/12/09 2:30:06PM
Dos Santos has had three great fights. Stoppages over two top opponents and a stoppage over a good up and comer.

He will win this fight if it stays standing but its true he hasn't been tested on the ground. Gonzaga needs to do just that to win. However, considering he trains with the Nogs I'm sure he's at least decent on the ground. You've kinda gotta be if you train with those guys.
icantthinkofanything
10/12/09 6:19:18PM
I am excited about this matchup even more than the previous rumored matchup of Nog and Gonzaga. Jr and Gonzaga are more evenly matched imo.
Who will Nog fight next???
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
sparky
10/13/09 10:17:20AM

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I am excited about this matchup even more than the previous rumored matchup of Nog and Gonzaga. Jr and Gonzaga are more evenly matched imo.
Who will Nog fight next???

Carwin