Junior dos Santos to Fight for Interim UFC Heavyweight Title

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Junior dos Santos to Fight for Interim UFC Heavyweight Title
FastKnockout
1/11/11 12:32:04PM
With Cain Velasquez sidelined due to injury, Junior dos Santos will indeed fight for the UFC Interim Heavyweight Championship against an opponent to be named.

LINK
FastKnockout
1/11/11 12:43:24PM
Dos Santos wanted it, and he got it. Dos Santos is my favorite Heavyweight, and I'd hate to see him lose his chance at the title, but I have confidence that he can take anyone right now. His biggest challenge would be Shane Carwin, and I think that's who it will be.
Hendo67
1/11/11 12:44:37PM
I like Dos Santos as well, but i think he loses to Cain.

Please make this for 131!

Carwin wants to fight on this card, make Dos Santos his opponent!
FastKnockout
1/11/11 12:46:08PM

Posted by Hendo67

I like Dos Santos as well, but i think he loses to Cain.

Please make this for 131!

Carwin wants to fight on this card, make Dos Santos his opponent!

Well, yeah, besides Cain of course.
RhythmAndStyle
1/11/11 1:22:18PM
Carwin the guy who gasses after the first round..i think he's jus one of those guys that doesn't have a gas tank to house his true powers..cuz as we all seen JDS has a better tank n strikin..the only things u need to watch out from Carwin is his right hand that'll end ur life(LOL)..besides that it's pretty easy to figure out Carwin...
FastKnockout
1/11/11 1:50:20PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Carwin the guy who gasses after the first round..i think he's jus one of those guys that doesn't have a gas tank to house his true powers..cuz as we all seen JDS has a better tank n strikin..the only things u need to watch out from Carwin is his right hand that'll end ur life(LOL)..besides that it's pretty easy to figure out Carwin...

I love Dos Santos, like I said earlier, but Carwin could be very dangerous for him. Carwin is the only guy that could match Dos Santos power wise, and could possibly be stronger. If Carwin hits you flush, your out. The problem I see Dos Santos having is his blocking. In his fight with Roy Nelson Dos Santos took a lot of hard power shots on the jaw that could've been avoided, but sometimes he's so caught up in his own striking that his offense takes priority to his defense, and if you do that against Carwin your going out. If this fight does happen, Dos Santos needs to be smart and pick his shots, because if he leaves himself open there is a chance he will go out.
Boo_Radley21
1/11/11 3:38:13PM
The interim title fight should be against Lesnar if he's still fighting.
FastKnockout
1/11/11 3:40:55PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

What has he done to deserve the shot?
emfleek
1/11/11 3:54:02PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Held the belt for 2 years, broke multiple PPV records, helped introduce the sport to millions of booger eaters (wrestling fans).

Getting an interim title shot when coming off of a loss is nothing new.
Boo_Radley21
1/11/11 3:54:49PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Boo_Radley21

An interim title is basically just a number one contender fight, so if he beat Dos Santos he would deserve a shot at the real heavyweight title. There's my logic. It's a good fight I think.

Who else deserves it? Mir? He beat a way past his prime Cro Cop. Nelson is the only other logical choice I could think of, or Carwin I guess but after gassing that easy I think he should fight someone not in the top 3 or 4 in the division to prove he has worked on his stamina.
State_Champ
1/11/11 4:39:51PM
It's probably against Lesnar or Carwin..... and my gut says Carwin.
Twenty20Dollars
1/11/11 5:11:25PM
My brain is telling me neither make sense, Mir makes more sense.

But I think out of the two, it will be Carwin because I dont think they want Brock to possibly have two straight losses and they might like the Carwin/JDS match up better, cause they will stand and trade and prolly hard to turn that down. Almost certain someone will drop.
NaturalBornKiller92
1/11/11 6:05:59PM
JDS/Carwin
tmas
1/11/11 6:27:50PM
announced its lesnar