Junior dos Santos: Cain Velasquez hits like a girl

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Junior dos Santos: Cain Velasquez hits like a girl
airkerma
6/20/13 9:38:09AM
In an interview with the Brazilian Portuguese language radio show “Pânico” former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos (16-2 MMA, 10-1 UFC) had the following to say about his UFC 166 opponent Cain Velasquez (12-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC):
“I had no cut against Cain Velasquez, and he hits like a girl. He hit me a lot during the five rounds, but did not open any cuts, although I was very bloated and had to go to the hospital.”
The mention of the hospital refers to a potentially fatal medical condition that JDS developed while training for their second fight, which Velasquez won decisively at UFC 155.

link
FastKnockout
6/20/13 11:46:36AM
I hate when my favorite fighters say stupid shit.
postman
6/20/13 11:48:00AM
Girl or not you looked like elephant man.
pmoney
6/20/13 12:04:07PM
What's this all about.....

The mention of the hospital refers to a potentially fatal medical condition that JDS developed while training for their second fight, ...."

What condition is that? I don't recall hearing anything about a potentially fatal condition before or after the fight.

I do recall JDS saying in the post fight presser after his fight with Hunt that Hunt hit harder than Cain. JDS is either trying to psych himself up or psych out Cain, pulling the "you got a decision, I knocked you out" card.
Chael_Sonnen
6/20/13 12:43:20PM
Now I see why Jr.'s wife left him.
sparky
6/20/13 12:47:27PM
One thing is certain JDS took the best Cain had to offer and still kept fighting. The same cant be said the other way
george112
6/20/13 1:23:44PM
Need i post a pic of Juniors face??

airkerma
6/20/13 2:50:12PM

Posted by pmoney

What's this all about.....

The mention of the hospital refers to a potentially fatal medical condition that JDS developed while training for their second fight, ...."

What condition is that? I don't recall hearing anything about a potentially fatal condition before or after the fight.

I do recall JDS saying in the post fight presser after his fight with Hunt that Hunt hit harder than Cain. JDS is either trying to psych himself up or psych out Cain, pulling the "you got a decision, I knocked you out" card.

"Soon after the fight I went to the hospital and had a scan, which showed my creatine was too high. The normal level is up to 300, mine was in 1400. I also had trouble in the urine and kidneys."
scoozna
6/20/13 2:58:01PM
uhhh. No.

I will take that to mean that he's been hit harder before.
warglory
6/20/13 9:22:08PM

Posted by sparky

One thing is certain JDS took the best Cain had to offer and still kept fighting. The same cant be said the other way

A flash knockout can happen to anyone, I don't think it's fair to say that that fight represented Cain's abilities.
1kaday
6/26/13 11:50:42PM
Cain Velasquez hits hard. It's all relative.