Junie's Future?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Junie's Future?
MALICE
10/1/08 11:33:35PM
TUF 8 cast member, Junie Allen Browning, appears to be at the center of a lot of fights in the house, arguments, drunken foolishness, and other controversial incidents in the house this season. And there has only been 3 episodes. Will he mellow down and remain in the house, or continue his antics resulting in his banishment from the house?

Edit: Poll was messed up.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/2/08 12:03:34AM
idk but i'd hate to be in the house w/ that guy
Naturaldisaster
10/2/08 12:53:09AM
I think he's definitly gonna be kicked out. especially after seein the preview for next week. You cant do the stuff he's doin and expect to stay
Twenty20Dollars
10/2/08 1:10:53AM
Pretty sure junie is going home and then maybe another person.

BTW: Dana should ban alcohol in the TUF house and give them a TV, that would be better. And I know people like to see the drunken brawls and crap but if you want your company to look good, he should proll ban it.
mkiv9secsupra
10/2/08 8:50:51AM
I absolutley hate guys like him. hes obnoxious when hes sober, but then when hes drunk hes obknoxious, dumb, and aggressive. Boohoo he grew up hard being white trash. well hes still white trash. And did i see him pick a fight with one of the 205'ers?! Good job there Junie!/

I hope he gets voted out
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/2/08 8:55:08AM
the kid has a crap attitude. no respect.
copcopps
10/2/08 9:08:11AM
He's gone like Jeremey May hopefully
gsquat
10/2/08 9:42:12AM
Junie's future lies in a very dark alley. They shouldn't stock free booze in the house. Yeah, it makes for great TV drama, but it makes the sport look horrible. Junie is the reason people won't accept MMA. He needs to leave, and the alcohol needs to be taken out of the house. They need to be soley fixed on fighting. I don't understand who'd want to get drunk with a bunch of dudes anyway.
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/2/08 9:47:59AM

Posted by gsquat

Junie's future lies in a very dark alley. They shouldn't stock free booze in the house. Yeah, it makes for great TV drama, but it makes the sport look horrible. Junie is the reason people won't accept MMA. He needs to leave, and the alcohol needs to be taken out of the house. They need to be soley fixed on fighting. I don't understand who'd want to get drunk with a bunch of dudes anyway.

thing is, even without the alcohol he's a total prick. he thinks cause he had it rough as a child he's entitled to everyone's respect. Unfortunately for him, respect is a thing that you gain, no that is entitled to you, for whatever reason you may have.
gsquat
10/2/08 10:01:18AM
I agree he's a little bastard, and it's unfortunately probably because of his upbringing. But they still need to get rid of the booze.
Branwest
10/2/08 10:24:31AM
It's funny, Dana talks about respecting the sport, dedication, blah blah, and yet they stock unlimited amounts of alcohol in the house. It's for ratings.
I believe he'll get kicked out of the house, especially after watching the preview for next week. He would be so hard to deal with if I were living in the house. Being on the 8th season gives you the advantage of watching the previous seasons, and you should know that if you fight and act ignorent, you'll be kicked out. It amazes me how stupid people can be. How could you squander an opportunity like that?
It sucks that he's so stupid and will probably be kicked out because I believe he has a lot of potential as a fighter. He just needs to mature mentally. I thought he had a good chance of winning the TUF finale in his division. Not anymore, he'll be kicked out on next Thursday's show.
I've had a rough life to, but you don't whine about it. You accept your circumstances, learn from them. and use it as motivation to succeed and if you have kids, be motivated to give them a better life than you had as a kid growing up.
You know, now that I think about it I don't think he'll get kicked off next Thursday. If you remember on the preview, it shows him jumping into the cage, I assume after a fight. They try and make you think he's going after someone to promote the show. If he's still there during the next fight, he might not get kicked off yet. Although, they may show Dana going to the house the day after the fight, at the end of the show to either kick him off, or to warn everyone to stop acting like idiots. From watching the 'pool incident' though, it's hard not to think that he's got a good shot at getting kicked off. He's the kind of person that shouldn't be allowed to drink.
copcopps
10/2/08 10:30:54AM
I find it funny that Junie thinks he's fooling people with the "drunken kid" disguise he said he's using.

btw who do you think is more of an idiot him or Leben?
cowcatcher
10/2/08 11:04:11AM
in one of the previews dana says to someone "you should have been kicked off 3 times by now" and i think its safe to assume its junie hes talking to, so i think he makes it through this week, but eventually his attitude will catch up with him. im a little older now and at this point in my life i start to feel bad for guys like that, you dont act that way without a horrible past. dont get me wrong, his antics irritate the hell outta me, but i havent walked a mile in his shoes and i REALLY dont think id want to, there is some heavy, heavy baggage there. hes very talented and hopefully he drops the "these arent my coaches, my coaches are back home" attitude because for him to grow as a fighter and person he needs to leave the KY trailer park behind and learn some humility that one can only learn out of their comfort zone. i hated leben when he was on the show and as hes grown up and matured hes grown on me and i appreciate the fact that he knows he was spiraling out of control, and i hope for the same thing for junie. its a shame to see talent in any form wasted because someone was never taught how to act.
emfleek
10/2/08 11:28:30AM

Posted by cowcatcher

in one of the previews dana says to someone "you should have been kicked off 3 times by now" and i think its safe to assume its junie hes talking to, so i think he makes it through this week, but eventually his attitude will catch up with him. im a little older now and at this point in my life i start to feel bad for guys like that, you dont act that way without a horrible past. dont get me wrong, his antics irritate the hell outta me, but i havent walked a mile in his shoes and i REALLY dont think id want to, there is some heavy, heavy baggage there. hes very talented and hopefully he drops the "these arent my coaches, my coaches are back home" attitude because for him to grow as a fighter and person he needs to leave the KY trailer park behind and learn some humility that one can only learn out of their comfort zone. i hated leben when he was on the show and as hes grown up and matured hes grown on me and i appreciate the fact that he knows he was spiraling out of control, and i hope for the same thing for junie. its a shame to see talent in any form wasted because someone was never taught how to act.

Well put. That being said, I'll root for him as a person, but can't wait to see him get beat as a fighter. Respect is a two way street. If he can't respect the sport and his fellow fighters, they (and everyone else) owe him ZERO respect.

I actually liked Leben from the start, only because I hated Kos and Bobby Southworth so much. Had they not been on the show and Leben was being a douchebag, I probably would have thought the same about him as I do about JB.
mkiv9secsupra
10/2/08 1:12:03PM
Its not the alcohol that is making everything look bad, its just his personality and upbringing. There are a lot of people in that house drinking but they arent starting fights or doing rediculous things. Junie is the social extreme of a jackass and he is that way with or without alcohol. To blame anything on the alcohol is just giving him a scapegoat to blame his actions on.
disorderlyvision
10/2/08 1:14:34PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I absolutley hate guys like him. hes obnoxious when hes sober, but then when hes drunk hes obknoxious, dumb, and aggressive. Boohoo he grew up hard being white trash. well hes still white trash. And did i see him pick a fight with one of the 205'ers?! Good job there Junie!/

I hope he gets voted out

you don't vot them off, you beat them off
Naturaldisaster
10/2/08 1:59:10PM
Junie has issues and before he can become a successful fighter he's gonna have to deal with those 1st.
CwB
10/2/08 7:21:13PM
whats in junies future...

Alcohol poisoning
DJDark41
10/2/08 7:43:58PM
Junie needs to GTFO my UFC, and never come back. It's ***holes like him who people see on TV with shows like The Ultimate Fighter and then they say, "Oh its nothing but a bunch of thugs fighting with a referee." And no one better give me any of that "he grew up in a tough environment and he had nothing and blah-blah-blah." I don't care if you grew up eating off the same paper plate every night for lunch AND dinner, that doesn't give you an excuse to get wasted and act out violently. Yeah, I feel sorry for you if you didn't have anything growing up, but that doesn't give you a free pass to be a total ***hole to everyone around you.

[/rant]