Do YOU think junie browning will stay in the UFC?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Do YOU think junie browning will stay in the UFC?
Ben99901
4/3/09 11:08:14AM
Junie browning has one 1/2 of his UFC bouts, do you think he has a 3 fight contract and will get one more shot ? or do you think he just signed 2, One fight contracts and will get cut?

Cole miller is no slouch, maybe Junie will get the loser of Caol Uno and Spencer fisher.
cowcatcher
4/3/09 11:12:42AM
junie is going to get another shot, people react to him whether itts good or bad and thats a good thing for the ufc. now if he loses his next fight this may be a valid question, but to me junie was just pouting after his loss when he said this and its pretty typical of him to do so, he is extremely immature.
Twenty20Dollars
4/3/09 11:18:19AM
I meant to type yes. haha im a dumbass, and was thinking the question will junie get cut.

The general rule of thumb now for the UFC, is if you lose 2 straight fights then you could be up for getting cut. But not always applies to every fighter.
cowcatcher
4/3/09 11:51:19AM
he only lost once though
PABLOMAFIOSO
4/3/09 12:02:24PM
He should (and probably will) get one more fight to prove himself. It will be interesting to see if they give him someone noteworthy or feed him a win so he can hang around for a bit longer. I think he is capable but needs to stop talking s*** about other fighters when he has yet to earn any sort of status.
KaibaThedon
4/3/09 12:17:20PM
Pretty tough fight for him to take on Cole Miller after beating Dave Kaplan... they should give him an easier fight for sure, and if he gets owned, then cut him.
Franklinfan47
4/3/09 12:58:53PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

NO!

The general rule of thumb now for the UFC, is if you lose 2 straight fights then you could be up for getting cut. But not always applies to every fighter.

He'll probably get one more shot.
Twenty20Dollars
4/3/09 1:22:28PM
yeah my bad, I typed no when I meant to type yes. I hate that when I dont type the word im thinking.

I should prolly start proofreading before I hit rely.
scoozna
4/3/09 2:51:49PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

yeah my bad, I typed no when I meant to type yes. I hate that when I dont type the word im thinking.

I should prolly start proofreading before I hit rely.

lol. Proof-reading fail.

He'll stay. I eagerly await his next beatdown (because I love the poetic justice of course). Dana cut him several breaks, and now he has to prove himself. Next up should be someone better than Kaplan and less than Miller. Let's see...Miller also beat Jeremy Stephens...how about him?
JimiMak
4/3/09 3:02:24PM
Hopefully he's gone. I'm done even watching the guy get beat up. He doesn't deserve the shots he's gotten and doesn't deserve another. Let him get some fights in the smaller promos and see if he can earn another shot in the cage. I don't get how he hasn't burned all of his bridges.

He's a disgrace to the sport. Y'all must realize that the only exposure a lot of the sport gets to a huge amount of ppl is that show, right? He speaks badly not only of the sport but of the fans, ppl see him and think "This is this great new sport you always talk about? You consider this guy entertaining?" and etc. It speaks lowly for fans of this sport to want to see him back, I don't care if you're a fan of his or want to see him get beat up. He wastes time that should be given to quality fighters and guys who've earned a name in ANY way except acting like a douchebag. It seemed like he was trying to get cut and just couldn't.
breakdown5
4/3/09 3:26:34PM
He'll stick around for at least one more fight. If he wins that, he'll stick around a little longer, if he loses then he could be done with UFC for now. He is a draw and a polarizing character, the UFC loves that sort of thing.
1daveufc
4/3/09 3:37:45PM
Am not sure may be he going to find it hard now
CwB
4/3/09 3:56:25PM
I think the UFC will keep junie on contract but send him to some smaller orgs to get more experience
Khaos
4/3/09 4:09:03PM
If this was the Ultimate Fighter 1-4 then maybe they'd cut him, but he'll definately be back, though I'd prefer he get cut, 'cause there is nothing worse then someone who talks s**t and can't back it up.
bls1919
4/3/09 7:02:52PM
Of course he will. They'll put him in the free event on spike is my bet. He has a lot of name recognition with casual fans. He'll be around for at least one more assbeatin
seanfu
4/3/09 8:25:24PM
He's the star of TUF 8 and he knows he wont be cut. He's talking to keep his name on the headlines. And if he was a choice to be cut, which after marketing he isn't, he won't be now because of his comments. He's a smart guy, he knows how to act to get attention.
SociopathX
4/3/09 8:43:00PM
Junie isn't bad... he's still very young and should improve. They should give him another shot... this time on an undercard though.
Aaronno9
4/9/09 11:14:30AM
I hope he gets one more fight against Kelly so he can get his arse handed to him again.