Junie Browning (possible SPOILER)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Junie Browning (possible SPOILER)
« Previous Page
the_01
12/5/08 1:49:56PM
Junie is the next Tito Ortiz
dannyfrank
12/5/08 4:21:29PM

Posted by the_01

Junie is the next Tito Ortiz

yes, if you minus the part where he was really good for a while and people liked him
bls1919
12/6/08 4:24:04PM

Or had any real developed skills, or cardio, or a brain for fighting?????
paddy260
12/6/08 5:06:32PM
if any of u guys watched the ufc 91 vlog that dana does before the event junie is training with couture in vegas and he said he has stopped drinking so i hope he is the future champ at 155
copcopps
12/6/08 5:27:25PM
just because he stopped drinking doesn't mean he's done completely with alcohol. Look at Jesse Taylor, he was in AA but snapped back into the habit.

As a son of an alcoholic, I hope Junie DOES stop drinking for good but I doubt he will. I will root for Junie as a person but NEVER as a fighter

War Junie beat back the bottle
tallica62
12/7/08 3:32:24PM
the way the TUF is now, all you have to do is make it to the semifinals and you are pretty much guaranteed atleast a chance to prove yourself in the real UFC.. bottom line its all about money and marketing, and the TUF guys, whether good or bad, have already made a name for themselves and people know them...
moob
12/7/08 3:55:46PM

Posted by tallica62

the way the TUF is now, all you have to do is make it to the semifinals and you are pretty much guaranteed atleast a chance to prove yourself in the real UFC.. bottom line its all about money and marketing, and the TUF guys, whether good or bad, have already made a name for themselves and people know them...

TUF has been like this from the first season - Griffin, Bonnar, Swick, Koscheck, Sanchez, Florian, Quarry, Hoger, Leben, Karalexis were all rewarded some kinda contract after it finished.
Solidus
12/7/08 6:10:19PM
They still get to fight in the UFC but usually only make about $5000 to fight...big difference from the 6 figure contract the winner gets.
JimiMak
12/7/08 11:34:55PM

Posted by moob

Posted by tallica62

TUF has been like this from the first season - Griffin, Bonnar, Swick, Koscheck, Sanchez, Florian, Quarry, Hoger, Leben, Karalexis were all rewarded some kinda contract after it finished.

Not picking on either of you, but: Ppl have to realize that these are all fighters that were being watched by UFC anyway (esp the first season guys) and would've gotten a chance anyway.

The stipulations are not: If you don't win you'll never fight for us. It's simply if you win you're guarunteed a good contract. Of course a lot of non winners get contracts: They were prob'ly gonna get at least a single fight chance anyway, they've shown themselves to be marketable (winner or not, good or bad guy), most of them showed how tough they are and an ability to (possibly) do well.

Did ppl really expect that if you didn't win you'd never get in? The clear majority of these guys would've been given the chance, and the majority that have gotten contracts have shown themselves to be either marketable or good or both.

If we didn't have this show and the chance to say "they only got the chance cuz they were on the show" they'd simply be guys being given a chance.

I don't watch the show a lot cuz I don't care for "reality tv" but I do realize that these guys didn't "only" get the chance cuz they were on it. And the idea that none of them should get a contract except the winner is kinda ridiculous, imo.
Pages: 1 [2]