Junie Browning (possible SPOILER)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Junie Browning (possible SPOILER)
Next Page »
Mayo
12/4/08 2:33:35AM
Hey Ben_Hutch stop reading this now! As for the rest of you, keep reading....
.... (adding a few dead lines here in case Ben_Hutch gets too tempted
So why is Junie still in the UFC ?! Look at the TUF Finale fight card here
Dana is sending the wrong message out to future TUF contestants. Apparently you can do whatever you want on the show and also not be that great of a fighter and you are pretty much guaranteed a few more fights with the UFC.

Basically who cares who wins TUF from now on... they ALL get contracts in some form or another to keep fighting for the UFC !
Drudinh
12/4/08 4:26:35AM
I'D RATHER JUNIE HAVE TO FIGHT HIS BUDDIE SHANE. I DON'T LIKE EITHER OF THEIR COCKY PERSONALITIES
Sledge23
12/4/08 7:08:12AM
I bet you anything that junie changed...he's training with randy cotoure and they showed a clip of him before 91.
Dana is giving this to junie because he sees a good fighter in him and he is willing to work and change
imanidiot777
12/4/08 7:52:16AM
I have no idea what to expect from Junie but it is better to give him one fight to see if he has changed than let him slip and do amazing in another organization.
Twenty20Dollars
12/4/08 8:10:54AM
I expect a TKO for junie and a future in the UFC. As I say an impressive Junie in the fight where he had to get into the house.

That house drove him insane, i expect him to come out guns blazing against kaplan who he hates. Junie is training with good guys and seems focused.
cowcatcher
12/4/08 8:26:47AM
junie is living with tompkins(who is keeping him out of trouble) and training at extreme couture so i think the right people are around him to help him get at least close to reaching his potential and keep him down the right path.
dstlvb
12/4/08 9:05:12AM
Dana White said it himself. He should have been kicked out of the house three times before last night. After seeing his actions last night its a joke that he was allowed to stay. Are these guys trying to be professional athletes or not. It looks like they have a couple basic rules. Dont leave. Dont get into physical altercations with other housemates. They can basiclly destroy the house and everything in it in a fit of rage. How hard can it be. Dana knew that no one was going to say they wanted him kicked out. He took the easy way out instead of standing by his word.

This just goes to show the level of differance expected of athletes in the other major sports and those coming in to the UFC. I hate to see the message this will send to future castmates.
scoozna
12/4/08 9:52:18AM

Posted by dstlvb

Dana White said it himself. He should have been kicked out of the house three times before last night.

I wholeheartedly agree. Very disappointing. The only thing I can think of is that Dana sees him as another Chris Leben. Leben's antics on TUF1 look tame compared to Junie though.

Let him go to some other org for a while. If he gets it together does anyone really think the UFC would be unable to woo him back?

...and what a disappointing card.
Aaronno9
12/4/08 9:57:48AM
Its a disgrace hes still in the house. I felt sometimes a few of the guys totally tried to get him to snap and it was unfair to do becouse they all knew he was close to being kicked out, and that kinda made me feel for him a little. But after last night, i got no respect for the guy at all. Dana should be ashamed of himself for letting Junie stay in the house, i mean, if that cup hit shane in the face it could of screwed up his vision or anything.
cowcatcher
12/4/08 10:05:14AM
honestly though guys, dana letting him stay and get beat probably hurt a lot more than had he gone home, especially when it was efrain that beat him. i think if he would have gotten kicked out it would have done efrain a disservice, so justice was served and hopefully it came with a slice of humble pie.
emfleek
12/4/08 10:13:10AM

Posted by cowcatcher

honestly though guys, dana letting him stay and get beat probably hurt a lot more than had he gone home, especially when it was efrain that beat him. i think if he would have gotten kicked out it would have done efrain a disservice, so justice was served and hopefully it came with a slice of humble pie.

100% Agree.

Hopefully...and I use that term very loosely...he learns from the loss to Efrain and THAT gives him the push to finally be a better fighter and, more importantly, a better individual/person.
Franklinfan47
12/4/08 10:46:52AM
Junie took his lickings from Efrain like a man, and maybe Dana thought that warranted another shot in the ufc. Lets be honest, Dana's given him like 10 shots already, why not one more? I think Junie will take Kaplan anyway.

An interesting thing I noticed is that the UFC brought alot more contestants back for the finale than last season. I was more impressed with this season than last, but it still surprised me.
MMA
12/4/08 12:11:36PM
Dana is just a liar when he said he is not showing favoritism. We all know that Junie is good for ratings and so Dana wants him on the show and acting like a nutcase.
Mayo
12/4/08 12:20:31PM
I hear what you all are saying... so I can't wait to see the next season of TUF when everybody starts fighting eachother in the house and cutting eachother with broken beer bottles and they say "screw the octagon let's settle the elimination tournament in the house right now", and then everybody goes into the TUF finale and gets UFC contracts, and they all live happlily ever after!

Who needs structure or rules any more right?!

Which reminds me it looks like Ben_Hutch has been banned
emfleek
12/4/08 1:56:59PM

Posted by Mayo

Which reminds me it looks like Ben_Hutch has been banned

...he has been for a few weeks now.
GSPCanada
12/4/08 4:53:46PM
gotta disagree. I remember seeing the clips of the next episode and saying too bad because we never actually got to see what he was made of and see the fight we anticipated the whole time, but to me he should have been kicked off and dana screwed up by not kicking him off it made sense to give effrain the justice but IMO after he lost he should not have been invited back to fight on the finale card and had that fight been earlier on, he should have been kicked out of the house after losing. Dana disappointed me here, kicks guy like lobster out of the house for encouraging a fight (i kno its different because lobster cant fight) kicks guys like taylor for causing problems outside of the house and junie taking swings at defenseless guys and throwing glass. letting him back for the finale is where the mistake is tho
JimiMak
12/4/08 4:58:00PM
I'm personally insulted by his having a match, esp one on the tv card, You all should be too, and EVERY respectable fighter in the world. This is really pissing in someone's food.
Solidus
12/4/08 5:28:19PM
I'm not a fan of Junie or this season of TUF for that matter....usually I cant wait to see what happens with each guy and how they evolve as fighters after the show, but ive never been so detached from the TUF roster as I am this season (with the exception of being excited about watching Phillipe fight and maybe Vinny). I dont even remember the fights some of the guys on this card were in.

That said, I really dont care anymore if Junie was allowed to stay on the show or if he fights for the UFC now. If he's actually matured since then, great. Either way I dont think he's going to do anything impressive in the UFC so I doubt we see him around for long. Cant blame anyone here but Dana for letting him have his spotlight while kicking guys off the show for lesser reasons.
copcopps
12/4/08 5:49:28PM
All I have to say is: Junie=Leben's retarded twin

Vinny's cool, I just don't like how he treated Efrain's bed
bls1919
12/4/08 6:25:36PM
WOW Dana let this guy fight again!?!?!?!.........Much to my surprise. I thought "justice was served" Give me a break. And then to hand him a total punching bag in Dave Kaplan. What a total load of shite. maybe Junie waxs Dana head for him.....................
Matimus
12/4/08 6:48:25PM
next season will also include naked women, fast cars and guns, oh and more alcohol, probably throw in some drugs and wads of cash too....either that, or it will take place on a tropical island....or in the desert.....ot the rainforest, or the australian outback.

The first and second season were decent, kill it already, its all a bunch of garbage now, f**k ratings Dana, you turned TUF into 90210, congratulations
Rachel7484
12/4/08 7:08:51PM
I think it's totally ridiculous that Junie was kept in the house never mind being on the fightcard at the final.

Jesse Taylor was kicked out of the final last season and all he did was get drunk and mouth off a bit after the show, Junie could have caused serious damage when he threw the glass.
higdon10
12/4/08 7:29:37PM
My hate for Junie is at a new level. It was ridiculous that he was givin the opportunity to fight in the semis, even though he didn't want to anyways. The guy is a mess, and I wish him the worst in his career. I can no longer hope that he succeeds, he has had far to many chances.
RiseUp21
12/4/08 7:49:08PM
IMO the dude is WEC bound.
SociopathX
12/4/08 8:18:31PM
It shouldn't be anything new to anyone that alot of the TUF fighters that don't win go on to still fight at many of the undercards in the future events.

I for one like them doing this... is gives the other talent, and likeable guys a chance to keep fighting and if they DO really well they can move up.

Junie was great on the show I loved the extra excitement he brought... the show needs it.
dannyfrank
12/4/08 8:31:07PM
did anyone else notice that john polakowski's nickname is "buckets of blood"?

we got a new name to add to the "worst nicknames of all time" list
The_Metal_Maniac
12/4/08 11:47:07PM

Posted by dannyfrank

did anyone else notice that john polakowski's nickname is "buckets of blood"?

we got a new name to add to the "worst nicknames of all time" list

"Buckets of Blood" sounds like a metal band lol. If I were a fighter and by all means thought I was bad ass enough I would without question request that everyone referred to me as only Buckets of Blood. Leban's Cat Smasher nick name was descent too.
moob
12/5/08 5:23:28AM

Posted by cowcatcher

I agree to an extent - but there's something about this kid that gives the impression he doesn't have the ability to learn from his mistakes in life - everyone else is always to blame, other than himself.

For that reason I don't think the kid is capable of eating humble pie - it's beyond his capabilities for the limited human being he is.

Let's face it, this kid could break into Dana's house - break all his sh*t up, walk into his bedroom and dump on his head, then give his girlfriend a c**k sandwich - and be awarded a 5 fight contract the next morning.
Mayo
12/5/08 12:55:27PM

Posted by moob

Let's face it, this kid could break into Dana's house - break all his sh*t up, walk into his bedroom and dump on his head, then give his girlfriend a c**k sandwich - and be awarded a 5 fight contract the next morning.

That pretty much sums up what I was trying to say.
Jackelope
12/5/08 1:13:23PM

Posted by RiseUp21

IMO the dude is WEC bound.

I would love to see him in the WEC. All of those guys would embarass him, IMO. He got out wrestled by Escudero, who isn't half the wrestler Varner is. He looked even on the feet with Escudero, who isn't half the striker Cerrone, Hicks, McCullough, or Varner is. He got submitted by Escudero who isn't half the submission expert that Cerrone or Hicks are.

It would just be embarassing, but I'd love to see it. That way the WEC lightweights would finally get some respect for their talent by running through a well known TUF'er. I think the WEC has done a very poor job showcasing their LW talent.
Pages: [1] 2