Junie Browning Needs to Lose (POSSIBLE SPOILER?)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Junie Browning Needs to Lose (POSSIBLE SPOILER?)
Next Page »
imanidiot777
10/9/08 12:27:47AM
After seeing the latest episode that aired tonight, I really want someone to knock out Junie. That guy is so out of control I wonder what is even going through his head when he does the things he does.
MALICE
10/9/08 12:55:21AM
It will be amazing if he makes it through the show. He obviously has anger issues, self control issues, pride issues, paranoia, lack of self confidence, little man syndrome, nut-flexin syndrome, and alcohol issues. He is basically an emotional train-wreck. Right now I don't think it is possible for him to finish the season, or a career in MMA, unless he miraculously learns control of his emotions overnight.

He is constantly in everyone's face talking s**t (and obviously can't take any), and now he jumps into the octagon and interrupts the fight. The fight was over, but he still had no business being in the cage.

Grow up Chump
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/9/08 1:01:45AM
he seriously has issues

wonder why dana let him stay.....ratings? talent?
Naturaldisaster
10/9/08 1:01:53AM
i hope he doesnt get kicked off. I want him to fight and Lose!!!
Biggz
10/9/08 1:05:23AM
it really is too bad when someone has so much talent and potential and they act like he does. it makes you wonder what those type of people could accomplish if they didn't act like that. and like i said in another post, i really don't like how it is turning into the "watch Junie act like a jackass show." it really takes away from all the other talented fighters on the show that i think real mma fans want to watch more than some punkass like Junie. dude has the most talent and potential in the house in LWs IMO. and i really dont think he will even make it to the end of the show.
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/9/08 1:41:11AM
Junie is going to lose. I think it will happen in his next fight and he won't even make it to fight Efrain. I think that Phillipe Nover is the 155 lb guy that Dana said might be another Anderson Silva. He will be the guy to take out Junie and win the whole damn thing.
mrkennedy
10/9/08 2:30:57AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

he seriously has issues

wonder why dana let him stay.....ratings? talent?

both

after jumping over the cage i dont think he got any chance to stay on the show
Mchubb316
10/9/08 3:03:29AM
I don't even want to see him fight, and or lose. He has proven time and time again he doesn't deserve to be given this oppurtunity. There are plenty of guys who would take this oppurtunity, without as much skill as he has and make the most of it. He sheds bad light on the sport, and the show. He needs to be gone.
fonduktoe
10/9/08 4:09:27AM
he'll get kicked off and sign with elitexc because they love trash-talking spazzes that turn the sport into mud
Aaronno9
10/9/08 7:42:09AM
It would of been absolutely awesome if Nog had of tagged him when he jumped the fence and knocked him out. The guy has a serious problem, if he does stay on the show and loose a fight, i think he'll be worse than leben when koscheck beat him on the first season.

Guys a douche bag. Truth be told though id rather he stayed on the show just for th entertainment value. I mean, i know everybody says they dont like the drama on tuf and what not, but if im looking for a good fight its the last place im going to look becouse most of the fights suck and are predictable anyways.
imanidiot777
10/9/08 7:47:47AM

Posted by fonduktoe

he'll get kicked off and sign with elitexc because they love trash-talking spazzes that turn the sport into mud

imanidiot777
10/9/08 7:50:28AM

Posted by Aaronno9

It would of been absolutely awesome if Nog had of tagged him when he jumped the fence and knocked him out. The guy has a serious problem, if he does stay on the show and loose a fight, i think he'll be worse than leben when koscheck beat him on the first season.

Guys a douche bag. Truth be told though id rather he stayed on the show just for th entertainment value. I mean, i know everybody says they dont like the drama on tuf and what not, but if im looking for a good fight its the last place im going to look becouse most of the fights suck and are predictable anyways.

I kinda wish that Mir would have just grabbed his leg and broke it or something. I was hoping one of the coaches would lay it on him or even Dana, now that would have been hilarious, or if Miragliotta was the referee he could have choked him out.

Since Junie says he is the best LW and wrestlers are boring, just to get him off the show they should bring in Sherk and let him beat Junie's face in.
Rush
10/9/08 7:57:55AM
As I stated in the other Junie thread, watch the fighter bashing.

As for him an dhis skills. He has some, but I didn't think they were exceptional enough that a hundred other fighters (that had better attitudes) couldn't replace him.

Again, it's another example of how the antics of a TUF member can really hurt the image of MMA. Sometimes I wonder what Dana and the Fertitas are thinking.
Aether
10/9/08 9:04:08AM
I really doubt he is going to be allowed to stay on the show after jumping into the octagon and trying to start a fight like 2 days after almost getting kicked off the show. Even if he doesn't get kicked off for that he'll do something equally retarded within a week and get kicked off for that. There's just no conceivable way that this guy can make it through 2 months or however long they're there for if he's already caused this much trouble after just a couple weeks.

I'm sure he'll get a contract fighting in some smaller organization after his prelim fight, but he probably won't be in the UFC for a while.
mkiv9secsupra
10/9/08 9:05:30AM
Junie is lucky there were cameras in that house. Had there not been cameras and so many people there, someone would have fought back. If Bader or any of them werent fighting for a shot in the UFC Junie would have woken up the next morning with broken jaw. He has had a second chance to make his way to the end of the show and all it took was a few hours before the aggression/immatturity came back to the surface. He is a decent fighter but his out of ring antics and personality are going to limit his future severely
4u2nv
10/9/08 9:06:34AM

Posted by Rush

As for him an dhis skills. He has some, but I didn't think they were exceptional enough that a hundred other fighters (that had better attitudes) couldn't replace him.

Again, it's another example of how the antics of a TUF member can really hurt the image of MMA. Sometimes I wonder what Dana and the Fertitas are thinking.

Exactly i dont know what Dana and UFC crome domes r thinking. Their killing the image of mma. This is EliteXC trash BS and shouldn't be aired as much as it does. So Dana made it a point to say their the a-holes of this season but he's just as big of a jackbutts to keep them around. Shane lost! and Now the king a-holes needs the boot. I was really mad to see that on TUF last night. I guess normal MMA fans like to see the drama and if it helps build the sport okay... but now people think everyone who does MMA is some a-holes with anger issues and alcoholics... i wish a LHW would KO him!

End Rant! sorry please excuse the harshness of my words. its only to get my demeanor of how i feel.
Branwest
10/9/08 9:26:25AM
They're thinking ratings. It's a ratings booster. I agree though, it doesn't help the image of mma and the UFC.
I think Junie has a lot of potential as a fighter.
The problem is that drunk or not, he's being impossible to deal with. He has some severe issues. Something has happened in his life that's made him this way. He constantly feels like he has to prove himself, or that people are after him or they think they can whip his a$s. He constantly has to remind everyone that he's not scared of them and 'could beat them.' It's like he feels like he always has to prove himself and prove he's not afraid of anyone, etc.
Bottomline, Junie needs some serious counseling. If I were Dana, I would give him the ultimatum of either seeking counseling on a regular basis, or leaving the show. He needs extensive counseling, 3 times a week. He needs to resolve some issues. He needs to realize what an idiot he looks like, how nobody likes someone that's always talking crap and messing with people, and that if he'd just relax and realize that nobody's 'after' him or disrespecting him, then he'd be alright.
I'd be shocked if he makes it through the show without getting kicked off, let alone fighting. If he fights, I think he can possibly win the show as long as the person he's fighting doesn't get in his head too much.
gsquat
10/9/08 10:11:35AM
Yeah he's good for ratings, but is a bad image and needs to lose. If he stays, he's definitely fighting next. If he fights Nover he'll lose. Its a shame he's so unstable because he has talent.
gartface
10/9/08 10:15:19AM

Posted by gsquat

Yeah he's good for ratings, but is a bad image and needs to lose. If he stays, he's definitely fighting next. If he fights Nover he'll lose. Its a shame he's so unstable because he has talent.

I think if he fights Nover he'll lose, and if he gets Roli Delgado he'll try and show off submission skills, and get embarrassed.
If he gets past to Efrain, he'll get run over.
scoozna
10/9/08 10:55:07AM
While I support the idea that who gets kicked out and who stays is completely at Dana's discretion, I see no reason why he should not have been removed after pushing Krystof around and pushing <other fighter> into the pool. He repeatedly tried to goad the other fighters into a fight. That could have cost several others their chance to succeed on the show.

The integrity of the fighters who did try to stop Junie, and Krystof and anyone else from fighting should be commended.

The integrity of the fighters that just stood around and laughed at Junie's antics should be questioned.
Solidus
10/9/08 11:44:57AM
Props to the other guys in the house for not smashing his face in. I wanted to kill him just watching it...that would take alot more will power than that one guy had for leaving the house to get laid.
Franklinfan47
10/9/08 12:23:03PM
I think he will definately be sent home next week. One warning already, and he's jumping into the cage to attack people? He definately needs to go and I don't think Dana's gonna put up with it. He's like that drunk guy nobody likes who shows up to every party just to start $hit, you guys know the one.
gsquat
10/9/08 12:44:48PM

Posted by Solidus

Props to the other guys in the house for not smashing his face in. I wanted to kill him just watching it...that would take alot more will power than that one guy had for leaving the house to get laid.

That would be Jeremy Jackson and I agree. I could've resisted the booty, but not the urge to smash Junie's face until it looked like ground chuck.
emfleek
10/9/08 2:20:53PM
I don't think I've ever found myself grinding my teeth and clinching my fists while watching a friggin' TV show.

Thanks, Junie.
Darnok
10/9/08 4:00:58PM
Lets all hope he is gone by the next show, or knocked out.
bls1919
10/9/08 5:47:55PM
Hopfully Dana sends him packing. At this point the guy that was"like hitler, napolean" would be better.
kaduey
10/10/08 9:06:24PM

Posted by 4u2nv

Posted by Rush

Exactly i dont know what Dana and UFC crome domes r thinking. Their killing the image of mma. This is EliteXC trash BS and shouldn't be aired as much as it does. So Dana made it a point to say their the a-holes of this season but he's just as big of a jackbutts to keep them around. Shane lost! and Now the king a-holes needs the boot. I was really mad to see that on TUF last night. I guess normal MMA fans like to see the drama and if it helps build the sport okay... but now people think everyone who does MMA is some a-holes with anger issues and alcoholics... i wish a LHW would KO him!

End Rant! sorry please excuse the harshness of my words. its only to get my demeanor of how i feel.

I guess you guys don't realize that the Spike TV execs have a lot of say in this as well. Also every single sport has goons and hooligans AND drunks, I'm sick and tired of the "oohh he's making mma look bad and making people think that's it's still a blood sport" line. Fighters/athletes are regular people too so we're going to see some fools and bad people turn up once in a while and vice versa.
Rush
10/10/08 10:53:08PM

Posted by kaduey

I guess you guys don't realize that the Spike TV execs have a lot of say in this as well. Also every single sport has goons and hooligans AND drunks, I'm sick and tired of the "oohh he's making mma look bad and making people think that's it's still a blood sport" line. Fighters/athletes are regular people too so we're going to see some fools and bad people turn up once in a while and vice versa.

Are you one of the people that whines when MMA is not legalized in a state because the politicians don't think it's a legitimate sport?

When the only outlet to MMA on TV (pre EXC) was TUF, how can you blame said politicians for thinking that MMA fighters were a bunch of angry, tattooed, borderline alcoholics that were loose cannons? Aside from the tattoos (and in some cases maybe not) alcohol is a major factor in that behavior. Heck, a lot of them act like punks when they are sober.

I have said it many times, you cannot compare the behavior of an athlete in an established sport, because the image of the sport is usually strong enough to withstand a few bad apples. However, MMA is not fully established and is really vulnerable to that type of imagery. Not only that, what percentage of a given sports' athletes come off as drunken punks (or some other criminal activity)? I bet it's not the same percentage as you see on TUF. Each season of TUF there are about 2 people (at least) that represent the sport poorly. That is over 10%, which is a number you will never witness in other sports.

Also, regardless of what the Spike TV execs have to say in it, the UFC as a company has the choice of whether or not to feature their product. I'm sure it all comes down to $$$ and that just shows you where the UFC (as a company) stands with their priorities.
mkiv9secsupra
10/10/08 11:20:06PM

Posted by kaduey
I'm sick and tired of the "oohh he's making mma look bad and making people think that's it's still a blood sport" line.

i tend to agree with that for the most part. If a fighter does anything wrong people seem to always say hes making the sport look bad. But in this case he is taking everything way too far which many people could use as an effective weapon against desanctioning MMA in some states
kaduey
10/11/08 3:10:54PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by kaduey

Are you one of the people that whines when MMA is not legalized in a state because the politicians don't think it's a legitimate sport?

When the only outlet to MMA on TV (pre EXC) was TUF, how can you blame said politicians for thinking that MMA fighters were a bunch of angry, tattooed, borderline alcoholics that were loose cannons? Aside from the tattoos (and in some cases maybe not) alcohol is a major factor in that behavior. Heck, a lot of them act like punks when they are sober.

I have said it many times, you cannot compare the behavior of an athlete in an established sport, because the image of the sport is usually strong enough to withstand a few bad apples. However, MMA is not fully established and is really vulnerable to that type of imagery. Not only that, what percentage of a given sports' athletes come off as drunken punks (or some other criminal activity)? I bet it's not the same percentage as you see on TUF. Each season of TUF there are about 2 people (at least) that represent the sport poorly. That is over 10%, which is a number you will never witness in other sports.

Also, regardless of what the Spike TV execs have to say in it, the UFC as a company has the choice of whether or not to feature their product. I'm sure it all comes down to $$$ and that just shows you where the UFC (as a company) stands with their priorities.

Well first of all I could care less about what state mma is legal in. If the NFL network decided to do a program in the same fashion as TUF you would see the exact same type of behavour. You missed my whole point and are only retaliating against my intial comment because it was critical of yours.
Pages: [1] 2