Junie Browning Joins Extreme Couture

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Junie Browning Joins Extreme Couture
Wolfenstein
10/29/08 6:03:16PM
So I've been talking to a few of my buddies who train at Xtreme Couture on the Underground forum and apparently Shawn Tompkins has taken over as Junie's trainer and put him up in his Las Vegas home.

Here's hoping that guys likeTyson Griffin and Gray Maynard can knock some sense into him.
grappler0000
10/29/08 6:04:43PM
Darnok
10/29/08 6:19:04PM
That would make a person think that he makes it pretty far.
DCRage
10/29/08 6:41:01PM
Hopefully they keep the lalcohol away from him this time.
cmill21
10/29/08 6:54:36PM

Posted by DCRage

Thats what shocks me, most fighters have NO alcohol in their diets, but in the UFC house it seems like they're all alcoholics lol.
jiujitsufreak74
10/29/08 7:19:52PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by DCRage

Thats what shocks me, most fighters have NO alcohol in their diets, but in the UFC house it seems like they're all alcoholics lol.

well when you have nothing to do but train and drink, what do you do when you are not training?
postman
10/29/08 7:21:54PM
He better shape up cause I don't see that crew putting up with his BS
cowcatcher
10/29/08 7:33:26PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by DCRage

gotta disagree here, most fighters cut the booze when theyre training, but only a couple of the pro fighters i know dont drink at all. its a young mans sport and young guys suck the booze.
Jackelope
10/29/08 7:47:12PM
Wow.. impressive move by Junie if it's true. I wouldn't normally be glad to see yet another contender join Xtreme Couture (just cuz of the already mass amounts of Xtreme Couture guys) but there are a lot of great role models there that can hopefully be a real positive influence for him.

Rush
10/29/08 11:15:04PM

Posted by Jackelope

Wow.. impressive move by Junie if it's true. I wouldn't normally be glad to see yet another contender join Xtreme Couture (just cuz of the already mass amounts of Xtreme Couture guys) but there are a lot of great role models there that can hopefully be a real positive influence for him.

I would agree for someone like Leben, but Junie comes off as someone with a chemical imbalance, not someone that makes bad decisions because of a lack of positive role models in his life.
Ben_Hutch
10/29/08 11:19:32PM
You could send Junie off to live with Monks in the mountains and he'd still come back a cock.
Aaronno9
10/29/08 11:26:54PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

You could send Junie off to live with Monks in the mountains and he'd still come back a cock.

Jackelope
10/30/08 12:05:26AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Jackelope

I would agree for someone like Leben, but Junie comes off as someone with a chemical imbalance, not someone that makes bad decisions because of a lack of positive role models in his life.

Good point, but even so I think there are some things he could get some help from a good mentor with.

In the case of someone like Junie (I've been real close with a guy who is almost exactly like him) I think a lot of what they need is some respect, to be taken seriously, and to be guided by a powerful moral figure.

I do agree that someone like that can never be completely normal, but I think some mentors at Xtreme Couture could do a lot for checking his ego and teaching him to socialize better. Although controlling his anger and aggression would be very hard to deal with thanks to the likely chemical imbalance.
higdon10
10/30/08 12:05:34AM
He could become a choir boy and I would still hate that arrogant prick
Kracker_Jap
10/30/08 2:48:19AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Whats wrong with that???

If he came back a princess, that would be pretty lame
Wolfenstein
10/30/08 4:54:18AM
Looks like it's the real deal, confirmed by MMA Weekly. Glad to see Junie's taking the right steps. I don't think he has the mental toughness it takes to be in the UFC but he could prove me wrong.

link