Junie Browning attacks nurses treating him for drug overdose

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Junie Browning attacks nurses treating him for drug overdose
« Previous Page
emfleek
10/8/09 3:39:19PM

Posted by cowcatcher

scariest thing to me about this whole thing is that this guy is a trained fighter that is emotionally unstable and has now shown that hes willing to fight a man, a woman , someone helping him, whoever. thats a scary thing and doesnt lend itself to him staying out of trouble after the dust settles on this incident.

I can't say I disagree. We all know that he needs some serious psychiatric help. I just hope he gets it before it's too late...
Rush
10/8/09 3:47:31PM
Consequences of Junie stayng in UFC
-Junie doesn't have to deal with the hardship of failure (boo hoo! )
-UFC garners bad image endorsing a fighter with a multitude of problems
-Upcoming preparations for a Junie fight are risky because Junie may not train well or not be fit for fighting due to his problem(s). This just adds complications in setting up a card and costs money in the long run.
-Junie could be kept on contract, but not fight. This prevents him from making money to support himself

Consequences of Junie being released from UFC
-Junie has to deal with the hardship of failure (it's life we all live it)
-He is not under contractual obligation and is free to earn money elsewhere. Shonie Carter will tell you this is a good thing
-UFC does not have to deal with his baggage (which they shouldn't, he is there to fight)
-He may lose sponsors, but then again, he may have already taken care of that by his actions.

The argument of firing a guy at the lowest point of his life is moot IMO. It's not like they are going to fire him at the high point of his life. I don't see Dana twitching his mustache thinking of the opportune time to dump Junie. I think he already gave him enough second chances and this was the last straw. I see no other reason for it to be timed as such, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Rush
10/8/09 3:50:32PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Rush

That's why I said it is realism. I can't be sorry and help every individual out there (least of all ones that do not want to help themselves) that I am involved with (or not). In my opinion, anyone that says they do or says that someone should is speaking self-righteously from an imaginary high horse.

I'm compassionate for sick people. You (and others) may not be. That's your right.

There are many types of "sick" people. Some are worth helping and others not. I choose to make that distinction.
emfleek
10/8/09 3:56:05PM

Posted by Rush

There are many types of "sick" people. Some are worth helping and others not. I choose to make that distinction.

Thanks, God.

So, the mentally ill aren't worth helping?

Go ahead and kill yourself, Junie. Rush (and others) thinks you're disposable.
Rush
10/8/09 4:00:58PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Rush

Thanks, God.

Any time.
emfleek
10/8/09 4:07:27PM

Posted by Rush

So, let's say Junie was your brother. I'm guessing your opinion on the matter would change a bit, huh?
Rush
10/8/09 4:08:12PM

Posted by emfleek

So, the mentally ill aren't worth helping?

Go ahead and kill yourself, Junie. Rush (and others) thinks you're disposable.

Did I say that? No

I said, that people that are not interested in helping themselves are not worth helping.

If Junie wants to kill himself then that is his choice, I will not stop him nor will it affect my life. However, on the flip side, how would stopping him from killing himself be any different (morally) if he later turned around and killed an innocent person?
emfleek
10/8/09 4:14:22PM

Posted by Rush

Did I say that? No

You said that some of the many types of "sick" people are worth helping and some are not and that you choose to make that distinction. You clearly meant that he's not worth helping and that he's a lost cause.

I said, that people that are not interested in helping themselves are not worth helping.

You may have meant to say this, but it's not what you said.

If Junie wants to kill himself then that is his choice, I will not stop him nor will it affect my life. However, on the flip side, how would stopping him from killing himself be any different (morally) if he later turned around and killed an innocent person?

If, if, if. Let's try rehabilitation first before we start busting out potential scenarios.
Rush
10/8/09 4:17:37PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Rush

So, let's say Junie was your brother. I'm guessing your opinion on the matter would change a bit, huh?

Interesting you brought that up.

As for the aspect of proximity, yes, I would make an effort to help him. However, if he showed no interest in helping me help him, why would I continue to fight a futile battle?

This very same thing is happening to a number of my immediate family members with regards to their health. I am by far the healthiest member of my family, but that is through hard work, dedication and desire. Many of them are dealing with health problems such as obesity (among other things). I have put in years of trying to help them get their life in order, either by motivation, teaching, providing useful information, etc. They do not even make an effort to use what I have given them. So I stopped giving them help. It doesn't mean I will not help them in the future if they change their mind, but forcing something on someone that doesn't want it usually results in further resistance and makes matters worse. They have to decide to help themselves first, then others can help.

emfleek
10/8/09 4:20:21PM
Nevermind. This is pointless.
Rush
10/8/09 4:20:59PM

Posted by emfleek

You may have meant to say this, but it's not what you said.

If, if, if. Let's try rehabilitation first before we start busting out potential scenarios.

Point #1 was mentioned at least three times in post #25 of this thread. I did not feel the need to repeat myself.

Point #2 Aren't you the one that originally suggested I was ok with him killing himself?
cowcatcher
10/8/09 4:29:28PM
this is just going in circles, im going to lock it
Pages: 1 [2]