will ufc 85 in june be a pay per view or free one???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » will ufc 85 in june be a pay per view or free one???
prozacnation1978
3/11/08 9:56:49PM
i have heard rumors that the ufc in june might be free, i have been looking at different mma sites all don't say if it will be a pay perview like the rest, they usually say they will but not this one. I know dana promised us some free live pay per view events not the fight nights but pay per views. i know last year we got two of them, this year already annoucing up to aug with none so far. i know the freebies would be over sea events in london, or europe but after june i only see the ufc doing just one more event by the end of the year. i was just wondering if anyone heard any new news on this subject?? or is it still in discussion??
juanez13
3/11/08 9:58:11PM
there is alot of rumors wether they will do it or not, but most ,likely they will because PPV via tape delay wont nearly seel as much...Dana said it was up to spike wether they want to do it not, its spike's decision.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/11/08 10:01:35PM
cant remember if its sentata or sentana, but i believe they are the English TV station that gets the England UFCs for free so if u got satellite & that channel, then your'e set
prozacnation1978
3/11/08 11:24:23PM
ufc 80 was also tape delay remember and it was pay per view, but if it is spike's decision i really don't see why they would pass up the opportunity for exposure
TimW001
3/11/08 11:35:15PM
If this was Chuck vs Shogun, it would be PPV. But it's Chuck vs Rashad so I hope it would be spike.

Actually Spike would eb foolish not to take this one. Rashad is a TUF winner, so he's very marketable, and Chuck is Chuck. This will draw huge ratings on Spike.
kevietre
3/11/08 11:49:17PM
postman
3/12/08 12:45:16AM

Posted by TimW001

If this was Chuck vs Shogun, it would be PPV. But it's Chuck vs Rashad so I hope it would be spike.

Actually Spike would eb foolish not to take this one. Rashad is a TUF winner, so he's very marketable, and Chuck is Chuck. This will draw huge ratings on Spike.

I would think if the advertised that well It would crush everything on TV that night.
BlazinSaddle
3/12/08 2:25:31AM
I'm so pissed off at the UFC for these decisions of making the england events PPV, they make plenty of money at 44$ a PPV and revenue and merchandise and ticket sales etc. they need to make every over seas event free, im sorry to all you brit fans but you all get a sport channel anyway that pretty much gives you free access to all UFC events anyway so no complaining

Anyway they make 70 and 75 free but not 80 and 85? will they ever make a free event again? a bigger percentage of MMA fans are from North America anyway, is the UFC losing money? i hope EliteXC or some other org. gets bigger than them in the next 5+ years and takes over as the "Superbowl of MMA"