The July 4th GOAT

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The July 4th GOAT
airkerma
7/4/12 5:50:51PM
6th title defense
Seeing as how it's July 4th and all
infestructure
7/4/12 5:55:57PM
Videos like this are why no-one likes the USA (I still love the USA, but I know how huge and diverse it is, most people overseas just see shit like this and McDonalds and Jerry Springer)
Adrenaline
7/4/12 6:45:06PM

Posted by infestructure

Videos like this are why no-one likes the USA

Bubbles
7/4/12 7:40:24PM

Posted by infestructure

Videos like this are why no-one likes the USA (I still love the USA, but I know how huge and diverse it is, most people overseas just see shit like this and McDonalds and Jerry Springer)

and nascar
Adrenaline
7/4/12 8:06:32PM

Posted by Bubbles

and nascar

Hey I'm not a Nascar fan but don't get us started on Canada.

No seriously don't, then I would have to put effort into this post because America's hat is full of boring people and I can't think of a single interesting thing about Canada to make fun of.

Seriously though, good folks up there, been a few times and aside from the public moose sex, I thoroughly enjoyed it....

Seriously though....

MALICE
7/4/12 10:24:11PM

Posted by infestructure

We cannot help that awesomeness resonates from every inch of our country.
Chael_Sonnen
7/5/12 1:22:43AM

Posted by infestructure

New Zealand has the Kiwi (some hideous bird) and AC/DC.....they don't stack up to stuffing your face with coney dogs....c'mon man!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
infestructure
7/5/12 3:41:32AM
AC/DC is Australian

And 'hideous' is all in the eye of the beholder, I happen to think the Kiwi is quite cute.

I like a good ole american hotdog as much as the next person, but that video's gluttony is rather disgusting, and that 'eat everything in sight' attitude is why american hearts are clogging up worse than ever.
Bubbles
7/5/12 7:40:30AM

Posted by infestructure

And 'hideous' is all in the eye of the beholder, I happen to think the Kiwi is quite cute.

its a tiny porcupine with an oversized beak
MALICE
7/5/12 9:36:48AM

Posted by infestructure

AC/DC is Australian

I like a good ole american hotdog as much as the next person, but that video's gluttony is rather disgusting, and that 'eat everything in sight' attitude is why american hearts are clogging up worse than ever.

True, there is an obesity problem in America, and some may see competitive eating as promoting gluttony, but do not mistake it for what it truly is...

Simple old fashioned fun.

Are you saying you do not have any festivals, carnivals, holidays, etc. that include fun, overindulging, fun competition, traditions, etc.? Every country has them. Every country is wasteful in some way or another. Americans give back just as much as they take. Some countries do not.

The media is the problem. The act is seen around the world, but many do not understand the purpose of the act, so they criticize it. The running of the bulls, that tomato squashing thing, riding logs down hills, etc. I don't fully understand the purpose of these traditions, but I do not criticize them for that very same reason.
aussiemma
7/5/12 10:43:56AM
i heard somewhere recently that Australia has overtaken the US as the fattest nation in the world, i find this hard to believe.
I was in the states early 2011 in nyc and you guys destroy australia with your fast food popeye's, wendy's and your pizza slices ! i gained about 5 kg (11lb) in 2 weeks.
we do have heaps of them in australia but you guys just have so much more variety.
MALICE
7/5/12 11:02:33AM

Posted by aussiemma

i heard somewhere recently that Australia has overtaken the US as the fattest nation in the world, i find this hard to believe.
I was in the states early 2011 in nyc and you guys destroy australia with your fast food popeye's, wendy's and your pizza slices ! i gained about 5 kg (11lb) in 2 weeks.
we do have heaps of them in australia but you guys just have so much more variety.

Fast food dominates the landscape here. There is no doubt about that. McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Hardees, Carl Jr., Pizza Hut, Pizza Ranch, Dominoes, Popeyes, KFC, Perkins, IHOP, Taco Bell, Taco Time, Taco Johns, DQ, etc., etc., etc.
infestructure
7/5/12 4:08:05PM

Posted by MALICE

Posted by infestructure

AC/DC is Australian

True, there is an obesity problem in America, and some may see competitive eating as promoting gluttony, but do not mistake it for what it truly is...

Simple old fashioned fun.

Are you saying you do not have any festivals, carnivals, holidays, etc. that include fun, overindulging, fun competition, traditions, etc.? Every country has them. Every country is wasteful in some way or another. Americans give back just as much as they take. Some countries do not.

The media is the problem. The act is seen around the world, but many do not understand the purpose of the act, so they criticize it. The running of the bulls, that tomato squashing thing, riding logs down hills, etc. I don't fully understand the purpose of these traditions, but I do not criticize them for that very same reason.

"Simple old fashioned fun?" In the past, people didn't have food to waste on eating competitions! I doubt those competitions have been around long.

The Tomatina is the 'tomato squashing thing', they don't eat the tomatoes, the have a food fight with them. It's wasteful, sure, but not gluttonous.

The running of the bulls, and the log thing - both stupid, but not gluttonous.

I understand the purpose of the hot dog eating contest, and that's to promote 'Oscar Meyer' or whatever company makes the dogs. It also scores the winner a cool 10K. You may say 'it brings everyone together' or something, but you don't need to overeat thousands of nitrite-ridden hot dogs to do that. Just have a picnic, or a concert.

When you ask me If 'We' have any carnivals like that, first know I am an american citizen who chooses not to live in the states, so I know first hand what you talk of. New Zealand has this problem with overeating too, but it's our ethnic minorities (Maori and Pacific islanders- big boned anyway) who bump up our national statistics.

Another reason Americans are so fat is they do not realise words like "fat free" also usually mean "chemical minefield"

Bubbles
7/5/12 6:27:38PM

Posted by MALICE

Fast food dominates the landscape here. There is no doubt about that. McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Hardees, Carl Jr., Pizza Hut, Pizza Ranch, Dominoes, Popeyes, KFC, Perkins, IHOP, Taco Bell, Taco Time, Taco Johns, DQ, etc., etc., etc.

Sonic, Jack in the Box, White Castle, Fast Eddies
Bubbles
7/5/12 6:28:15PM
btw I would totally run down a hill to chase a wheel of cheese
MALICE
7/6/12 11:25:51AM

Posted by infestructure

"Simple old fashioned fun?" In the past, people didn't have food to waste on eating competitions! I doubt those competitions have been around long.

The Tomatina is the 'tomato squashing thing', they don't eat the tomatoes, the have a food fight with them. It's wasteful, sure, but not gluttonous.

The running of the bulls, and the log thing - both stupid, but not gluttonous.

I understand the purpose of the hot dog eating contest, and that's to promote 'Oscar Meyer' or whatever company makes the dogs. It also scores the winner a cool 10K. You may say 'it brings everyone together' or something, but you don't need to overeat thousands of nitrite-ridden hot dogs to do that. Just have a picnic, or a concert.

When you ask me If 'We' have any carnivals like that, first know I am an American citizen who chooses not to live in the states, so I know first hand what you talk of. New Zealand has this problem with overeating too, but it's our ethnic minorities (Maori and Pacific islanders- big boned anyway) who bump up our national statistics.

Another reason Americans are so fat is they do not realise words like "fat free" also usually mean "chemical minefield"

First, "Fun" is old-fashioned, not the hotdog eating contest. You misconstrued my post. And the hotdog eating contest is old-fashioned fun for everyone.

Second, I know you are an American citizen. You have made that quite clear in other posts I have seen and I have only been back a week. It is becoming obvious there is a hint of animosity towards the US in your posts.

Third, way to pass the buck on New Zealand's obesity issues. "OH, it's the minorities who ruined the curve for the rest of us."

Finally, America's obesity issues do need to be dealt with, but the issue is so insignificant compared to the many other problems on this planet right now I see no need for it to be making international news.