Did the judges ‘rob’ Alan Belcher at UFC 100 with Yoshihiro Akiyama decision win?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Did the judges ‘rob’ Alan Belcher at UFC 100 with Yoshihiro Akiyama decision win?
« Previous Page
telnights
7/13/09 3:04:07PM
Joe should have keep his mouth shut. No one got robbed in that fight. It was close fight and Joe saying Belcher got robbed did nothing but take away from Akiyama's win. Joe and Goldberg came off very biased in that fight and it showed through the hole fight. I was at the event and watched it again on TV and I scored it 29-28 Akiyama. I gave Akiyama the 1st and 2nd rounds and gave Belcher the third. The 3rd was closer than people think and I could see how Judge may have gave Akiyama the 3rd. The first was close but Akiyama landed more shots and landed with more power. The knock down in the first was more of a slip not a knock down and even it if was people seam to forget Akiyama put Belcher down after catching his leg kick and hitting him with a strong right hand. I was shocked that Belcher's corner said you won the round when it was clear to me Akiyama had gotten the better of the exchanges. The 2nd was all Akiyama on control alone. The 3rd Belcher seamed to have land a few more shots than Akiyama but at no time did he have Akiyama in trouble. Akiyama also scored a take down in the 3rd and landed some very hard shots. No one got robbed at all and it was a close fight. It makes me sick how biased Joe was and all he did was take away from Akiyama's win and tarnish what was a great fight.
jiujitsufreak74
7/13/09 3:35:52PM
here is how i saw it:

UFC judging: 29-28 Akiyama

Pride judging (the way i score fights personally): Belcher wins

the fight was close and any decision could be justified...except for the retard judge who scored it 0-27 for Akiyama...that is a HUGE problem, especially when another judge gave the fight to Belcher. you can't have SD's where one judge calls it 30-27 for a fighter...that is just inexcusable. something has to be done with the judging; i have said it before and i'm saying it again.
grappler0000
7/13/09 4:47:41PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

here is how i saw it:

the fight was close and any decision could be justified...except for the retard judge who scored it 0-27 for Akiyama...that is a HUGE problem, especially when another judge gave the fight to Belcher. you can't have SD's where one judge calls it 30-27 for a fighter...that is just inexcusable. something has to be done with the judging; i have said it before and i'm saying it again.

According to the FightMetric stats, the judge who scored it 30-27 was actually not too far off. The first and second rounds went to Akiyama...and the 3rd round went to Belcher, but it was the closest of the 3 rounds. Each event that passes, it seems like we have more and more of these scenarios, so I do agree that the judges need to tighten up their game.
jiujitsufreak74
7/13/09 6:06:14PM

Posted by grappler0000

here is how i saw it:

According to the FightMetric stats, the judge who scored it 30-27 was actually not too far off. The first and second rounds went to Akiyama...and the 3rd round went to Belcher, but it was the closest of the 3 rounds. Each event that passes, it seems like we have more and more of these scenarios, so I do agree that the judges need to tighten up their game.

i think i phrased that wrong lol, i was just getting really frustrated with everything. i don't necessarily think the judge who scored it 30-27 is wrong, i meant to say you shouldn't see such disparity between judges where one scores it 30-27 for fighter A and the other scores it 29-28 for fighter B. it is a reflection on either the judges themselves, the system or both
grappler0000
7/13/09 7:00:02PM

Posted by grappler0000

here is how i saw it:

i think i phrased that wrong lol, i was just getting really frustrated with everything. i don't necessarily think the judge who scored it 30-27 is wrong, i meant to say you shouldn't see such disparity between judges where one scores it 30-27 for fighter A and the other scores it 29-28 for fighter B. it is a reflection on either the judges themselves, the system or both

I agree.
BarryScott
7/13/09 7:44:35PM

Posted by Wolf

Posted by BarryScott

What the hell are you talking about?

One judge scored it 30-27 Akiyama
One judge scored it 29-28 Belcher
One judge scored it 29-28 Akiyama

It was a Split Decision, end of story.

Whoops. Guess that's what I get for not looking back on the fight result to be sure. Maybe I should stop drinking beer while I watch so I remember that stuff better...

no, that's not going to happen.

Lol, sorry if i came across as agressive!
ravanunen
7/13/09 9:36:22PM
I had it 30-28 Akiyama, round 3 being 10-10.

I was personally shocked it was a SD, I thought Akiyama got the best of every exchange, and was able to do some damage on the ground.

I was not really impressed with Akiyama. He had good timing, but he just looked so slow, and his chin just isn't the same after Misaki..
Sam_Rothstein
7/13/09 10:43:53PM
I dunno I think Joe had it wrong. 29-28 Akiyama. The 3rd round was belchers but by then it was too late
Thefridge1337
7/14/09 12:25:17AM

Posted by Cdellorso

Posted by wrona666

Akiyama got dropped in rd 1, and the stand up was even with Akiyama scoring one take down......In my book i think a knock down out weighs a takedown so i would have given rd 1 to Belcher......Akiyama definately won rd 2, and i think Belcher easliy takes rd 3........I think the takedown has way to much impact on the outcome of some of these fights.......IMO Belcher got robbed.....

In the replay - it was more of a slip or an awkward footing knockdown- belcher knew that sexy wasnt hurt that is why he did not attack after the "Knock down"
I felt the fight was a coin flip - HOWEVER- we already know that they are trying open up Japan for more $$$ and shows... in a close fight of course they will give it to Akiyama- ie "Bisbing for england"

if that was the case caol would have beat Fisher
bigbubbano23
7/14/09 2:33:13AM
no, he clearly lost not by much but he def lost.
mrsmiley
7/14/09 7:38:51AM

Posted by BigIP

Akiyama definately won the fight 29-28. I knew Joe Rogan was bias when he said Belcher was training the rubber guard with his close friend Eddie Bravo! Rogan sucks! The UFC should get Bas Rutten!

I like Joe a lot,but sometimes he does come off that way.

I think the Gono/McCroy fight was even worse when it comes to Joe being biased.
Pages: 1 [2]