one judge scores 30-27 for rocha over pierce !!??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » one judge scores 30-27 for rocha over pierce !!??
aussiemma
6/8/12 11:14:43PM
i really dont understand what the judge was thinking here, pierce had top position for the ENTIRE fight, was landing ground strikes and right at the end of the fight pierce nearly finished with some heavy ground punches. Did anyone else notice this ?
grappler0000
6/8/12 11:16:56PM
Some of us discussed the possibility of an error. I'm sure we'll find out at the presser.
FastKnockout
6/8/12 11:20:34PM
And the comission wonders why we have no faith in the judges.
prophecy033
6/8/12 11:25:28PM
I'm not sure that judge knew who was who
kopower
6/8/12 11:35:07PM

Posted by prophecy033

Sad if that's the case. There was a dark guy, and a white guy. Hard to mix them up.
grappler0000
6/8/12 11:38:44PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by prophecy033

Sad if that's the case. There was a dark guy, and a white guy. Hard to mix them up.

I don't see color, I only see fighters
prophecy033
6/8/12 11:48:26PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by prophecy033

I know but I don't know any other way to explain it
Twenty20Dollars
6/8/12 11:49:13PM
Almost as bad as copying down the wrong score for the first McCall/Johnson fight.
kopower
6/8/12 11:52:30PM
I agree Prophecy. The judging is always a toss up.

Grappler, you are the better man then.
grappler0000
6/9/12 12:11:51AM
Well, it didn't get addressed as an error at the presser...so, I guess it was just shitty judging.
prozacnation1978
6/9/12 2:26:52AM
Very inexcusable. What a joke.
sparky
6/9/12 11:07:34AM
I almost shit myself when I heard one judge give it to Rocha
Franklinfan47
6/9/12 12:05:18PM
Terrible judging, but atleast the decision was in favor of the correct fighter
Svartorm
6/9/12 2:35:56PM
Pierce's face was priceless when he heard 30-27 Rocha. He started shifting his eyes around like he thought it was an elaborate prank.
Svartorm
6/9/12 2:53:47PM
Little info I found online about Ric Bays.

63 years old, and a boxing judge since 1985 in Florida, yet had only judged 6 MMA fights leading into last night, where he was on deck for 3 decisions. Of the 9 fights that have gone the distance on his watch, 5 have been split decisions, and he's been the sole dissenting card on 4. Obviously he doesn't know what he's watching and shouldn't be judging MMA.
prophecy033
6/9/12 4:23:57PM

Posted by Svartorm

63 years old, and a boxing judge since 1985 in Florida, yet had only judged 6 MMA fights leading into last night, where he was on deck for 3 decisions. Of the 9 fights that have gone the distance on his watch, 5 have been split decisions, and he's been the sole dissenting card on 4. Obviously he doesn't know what he's watching and shouldn't be judging MMA.

his track record is pretty bad IMO
Bubbles
6/11/12 12:15:49AM

Posted by Svartorm

there is a worse ratio than Cecil Peoples???
FlashyG
6/11/12 12:41:44AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Svartorm

there is a worse ratio than Cecil Peoples???

As much flak as Peoples takes as a judge, he has only been the dissenting judge twice in the past 3 years, and while he holds the record for most career dissents there have been a couple times where he was the only one who got it right.
tmas
6/12/12 1:51:20PM
actually while watching the fight i thought it could have easily been scored 29-28 rocha im not surprised someone scored it in his favor at all i was expecting it 100% even said i thought it would happen.

That doesnt mean i would have scored it that way but i see how someone could have. Pierce did nothing for 2 rounds, Rocha did less for 2 rounds.
Svartorm
6/12/12 2:52:33PM
If Rocha was working hard for subs from bottom or against the cage, I could see it, but he was really just trying to maintain wrist control for the entire fight. When the clock is ticking, trying to set up the perfect sub isn't too helpful. Some guys have a history of taking zero chances in their BJJ game and pay for it almost every time.