Juanito Ibarra will he retire?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Juanito Ibarra will he retire?
bigbubbano23
7/6/08 10:58:45AM
Juanito Ibarra said on the ufc countdown that he would retire if forrest beat rampage. Does anyone know if he did or is going to now. If he doesnt he's the biggest douche in the universe. I don't know why you would throw that much disrespect at someone and not follow through with your statement. to me telling someone that you will retire if they beat your fighter is like saying you suck so much that i am willing to risk my career on you. idk that shit just upsets me.
bullettdodger
7/6/08 11:22:26AM
I don't think he will, and im glad Forrest shut ibarra's mouth, i didn't care for that comment. Juanito is a good trainer, but that comment, and that hat he wears constantly is irksome.
Twenty20Dollars
7/6/08 11:31:44AM
better question, will rampage give forrest his whole purse winning because the fight did go to a decision.
bullettdodger
7/6/08 11:53:02AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

better question, will rampage give forrest his whole purse winning because the fight did go to a decision.

That IS a good question, I don't know.... they didn't shake on it
Matimus
7/6/08 1:00:42PM
im still waiting for Burkman to retire
Gipper
7/6/08 1:27:45PM
ibarra and rampage should've kept their mouths shut and gave forrest a bit more respect.
Aaronno9
7/6/08 1:44:10PM

Posted by Gipper

ibarra and rampage should've kept their mouths shut and gave forrest a bit more respect.

I think its pretty disrespectful to the other fighter to come out and make a statement like Juanito did.
aaa9erh8er
7/6/08 2:24:00PM
i AGREE what juanito said was horrably disrespectfully. and he should retire becouse imo hes a classless jerk. but on the side of rampage when he made that coment he was all in the moment he was mad he just lost another fight i can see why he made that coment but i was seiously impressed with his humbelness after the fight he gave forrest his dues. i loved that.
DJDark41
7/6/08 3:18:37PM
I doubt he will retire. I think anyone who truly takes those comments seriously needs to lighten up a little bit. I know its a serious situation and its big time pressure and tension, but as a trainer, you should do whatever it takes to get your fighter pumped up and ready to get in there and kick someones ass. If that means that your coach tells you he put is career on your fight, then so be it. Not only that, but its a confidence thing. If your coach is confident enough in you to say he will put his career on your next match, thats a HUGE confidence boost.

By the way, still waiting for Dante Rivera to retire after he got beat on the Ultimate Fighter.
Scott_Revels
7/6/08 9:22:39PM
I doubt it. Much like Dante Rivera is still around, so will be Juanito Ibarra.
voodoo-jitsu
7/7/08 12:34:05AM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

That IS a good question, I don't know.... they didn't shake on it

i doubt it but he should have to just like the other 2 yahoos should have to retire it would set a tone so others wont run off at the mouth and saying such stupid things so much for a mans word is his bond