Where is the JTWW when you need em? *Dont read if u havent seen Kimbo/JT*

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Where is the JTWW when you need em? *Dont read if u havent seen Kimbo/JT*
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/1/08 2:30:55PM
i am always quick to say that Kimbo was/is so hyped up its recockulous, but so many people are hating on Kimbo's performance.......

Why no love for JT?

Damn near everyone, including myself, who thought Kimbo was gonna win would shatter JT's supposed "glass" jaw in the first round, but JT came to fight!

He got rocked & took some shots, but that fight could have (some would say should ahve) been stopped in the late 2nd.

his cardio wasnt so hot but i have to admit that he was more game than i expected & he showed me that he can still put ona good fight

Support Your Boy JTWWagoneers!

P.S. i wanna see an inshape Kimbo fight an inshape JT in a rematch

candynuts
6/1/08 2:36:21PM
WAR JT!!!
He had a great fight with a great gameplan! Would have loved too see him finish him out in the 2nd! But to Kimbo's credit in the 1st round, he did a decent job on the ground (better than I expected). They gassed a bit in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, but not too many HWY usually have a full tank of gas during the later rounds.
Can't wait for JT to fight next!
nickcuc547
6/1/08 2:59:42PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

i am always quick to say that Kimbo was/is so hyped up its recockulous, but so many people are hating on Kimbo's performance.......

Why no love for JT?

Damn near everyone, including myself, who thought Kimbo was gonna win would shatter JT's supposed "glass" jaw in the first round, but JT came to fight!

He got rocked & took some shots, but that fight could have (some would say should ahve) been stopped in the late 2nd.

his cardio wasnt so hot but i have to admit that he was more game than i expected & he showed me that he can still put ona good fight

Support Your Boy JTWWagoneers!

P.S. i wanna see an inshape Kimbo fight an inshape JT in a rematch

while you make some good points, i think kimbo was more exposed in this fight, everybody knows what kind of fighter james thompson is, kimbo was still an unknown and what we saw was a fighter that needs a lot of work and isn't getting any younger.
Copenhagen
6/1/08 3:07:07PM
We're taking an anti-social approach. On playground at least.
stock
6/1/08 3:21:15PM
JT looked good because Kimbo is not that good.

Remember the last 3 fights where JT fought someone that was within 50 pounds of his weight, he was KO'd in the 1st round.

It was a good fight because these two fighters were evenly matched. IMO, both these guys would get destroyed against any currently employed HW in the UFC.
jae_1833
6/1/08 3:39:12PM
First let me say that I have hated JT for some time now. I thought for sure he was going down in the first right after his famous ding and dash!! JT suprisingly put together a fight plan (albiet a simple one) that worked. I think the fight was stopped early, I think he was going to win that fight via decision (if EliteXC would allow that!). There was still a KO chance for Kimbo, but the guy was getting dominated and even he knows it. I must say Kimbo had more ground skills than I thought though.....although I know now that his next match up needs to be either rematch with JT or Rogers (for talking all that shit after the fight!).
JimiMak
6/1/08 3:57:50PM
War JT! Great match. He's showing a lot of improvement in his wrestling and gnp. I'm glad to see he's getting a lot of respect out of that fight.
holt8081
6/1/08 4:47:00PM
JT showed more of a chin then he has in the past, But his punches looked like they where in slow mo.
Pookie
6/1/08 5:24:35PM

Posted by stock

JT looked good because Kimbo is not that good.

Remember the last 3 fights where JT fought someone that was within 50 pounds of his weight, he was KO'd in the 1st round.

It was a good fight because these two fighters were evenly matched. IMO, both these guys would get destroyed against any currently employed HW in the UFC.

Thats not actually true about the last 3 fighters thing, Link

I think JT looked good against kimbo but not so much against Rogers was because he knew what he was getting into with kimbo. Its hard to have a gameplan against someone you know very little about like rogers.
Kracker_Jap
6/1/08 6:20:47PM
I have tons of love for JT..... But if Kimbo had any punching tenique or power Jt would have been KO'd in the 2nd round
bls1919
6/1/08 7:24:46PM
i really liked this fight. JT came in with a FU I am going to win attitude and it almost worked. If he could have thrown some bombs to Kimbo while he had him pinned down he would have gotten a stoppage, but he was throwning limpwrist playing for the other team power, hammer fists. Kimbo gutted through it and had JT badly hurt in the thrid, he was going down with one more punch IMO, which he should have taken but the ref stopped it b4 he could
Dom_Diegos
6/1/08 7:50:10PM
kimbo still hasn't fought any real names in mma. jt has been the best as of yet but come on! and kimbo calling out chuck liddel? is he that cocky ? hell while he's at it why don't he talk smack on the natural or tito or frank shamrock. what i want to see is tito sign with exc and move upa division if possible. tru titos stand up aint much to brag ab out but as easy as jt took kimbo down i am 100% positive that tito coiuld take him down and do MAJOR FREAKIN DAMAGE to kimbo ending the fight with ground and pound. untill kimbo gets1-2 wins over real mma fighters not has beens or never will be's, i'll keep sayin kimbo is a bitch that thinks he can box, and hasn't a clue about mma.
Hi-Lo
6/1/08 8:04:37PM
I was so pumped in the end of the 2nd for JT it was good fight till the stopage... and in my book JT won it in 2nd.
Porch28
6/1/08 9:03:37PM
He had him beat it really sucks they called a stop to it
CornishMMA
6/2/08 8:44:08AM
I seriously found it funny that so many of you clueless record readers said stuff like "JT has the worst glass jaw eva" etc, ive always argued that its actually just the case that he catches bombs on the button and its nothing to do with his ability to take a punch, this fight proved that and also showed his great heart, bullsheet stoppage, Mirguglgeggotiotta is on the payroll, Kimbo lost the first 2 rounds, and JT is STILL THE MAN! WAR JT
NinjaCyborg
6/2/08 11:42:51AM
JT did not win in the 2nd round, and he shouldn't have.

Did anyone see Anderson Silva VS Dan Henderson? in the first round Henderson had SIlva down and he was pounding on Silvas head repeatedly, 10 times more viciously than JT was pounding on Kimbo, and they didn't stop that fight.
People are just looking for an excuse to bitch and say Kimbo should have lost in the second. No he shouldn't have, Jt might as well have been kissing Kimbos bald head while he had him pinned because those love taps he was throwing weren't doing any damage and were no reason to stop the fight.
JimiMak
6/2/08 1:46:48PM
He rocked him a cpl times but never once could he even knock James down. He has shown good recovery before when allowed to, and showed it earlier. Same thing happened at the end of rd two and JT got the td. They didn't want that to happen again.
Rollins
6/4/08 4:21:02AM
James knows he was robbed but I'm sure he's feeling good at least knowing he had it won but the powers that be had "other" plans for the evening. So be it, people know what they saw.
pv3Hpv3p
6/4/08 1:40:42PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

JT did not win in the 2nd round, and he shouldn't have.

Did anyone see Anderson Silva VS Dan Henderson? in the first round Henderson had SIlva down and he was pounding on Silvas head repeatedly, 10 times more viciously than JT was pounding on Kimbo, and they didn't stop that fight.
People are just looking for an excuse to bitch and say Kimbo should have lost in the second. No he shouldn't have, Jt might as well have been kissing Kimbos bald head while he had him pinned because those love taps he was throwing weren't doing any damage and were no reason to stop the fight.

Agreed... Same thing with the Okami / Swick fight... Okami had top position and was pounding away on Swick, but the punches looked ineffectual and the fight was aloud to go on