Josh Neer vs Din Thomas

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Josh Neer vs Din Thomas
Next Page »
bullettdodger
2/7/08 1:43:23AM
Josh Neer VS Din "Dinyero" Thomas is coming up pretty soon, and i find myself having difficulty going with a solid pick... Im thinking Thomas by TKO but i find myself wanting to go Neer by submission.. Right now im sitting on Thomas but what do you guys think?
grappler0000
2/7/08 1:45:51AM
Din should take this one...just haven't decided how yet.
bullettdodger
2/7/08 2:14:47AM
It just seems like din has more ways to win the fight, but ever since Neer opened up Gallard and then got him in a triangle, i just feel like he could possibly pull it off.
JBatch
2/7/08 2:44:22AM
My thoughts immediately went to Din but I as well am conflicted. I mean the dentist is one hard SOB and will give Dinyero a run for his money (pardon the pun) but I just see Din having too much at his disposal to lose this one.

Props to the UFC for bringing Neer back.
whardin19
2/7/08 7:35:33AM
If I had to pick now I'd go Din Thomas by Unanimous Desicision.
cowcatcher
2/7/08 8:51:31AM
thomas is an easy choice for me in this one, especially after seeing neer in the ifl, that was the last time ive seen him and he didnt look good at all.
bullettdodger
2/7/08 1:02:43PM

Posted by cowcatcher

thomas is an easy choice for me in this one, especially after seeing neer in the ifl, that was the last time ive seen him and he didnt look good at all.

I was hoping someone had seen him more recently, that makes me feel better about my pick for Thomas, though ya never know.. Neer could still pull off an upset in my opinion if he trains right... Still im going with Thomas by TKO i think.
Gipper
2/7/08 3:04:34PM
glad to see neer back in the ufc. they don't come much tougher then this guy.
The_Notorious_ZIG
2/7/08 3:23:43PM
Its hard not to root for Neer. He has alot of heart. He didn't look good in the IFL match I saw him in...but who knows if he was injured or not in shape and just got caught. I look forward to seeing this fight. You could make a case for either guy winning, but I'll be rooting for Neer.
BlazinSaddle
2/7/08 3:43:34PM
dont think either guy will get a KO, it probably ends in a submission or decision, has the makings for FOTN, like both guys alot and glad to see din and josh back too bad one has to lose, id rather see din stomp on kenny with a healthy knee
mattmodist
2/7/08 4:21:28PM
Not a chance in all hell Neer can Submit ATT black belt under ricardo liborio DIN Thomas. Din should be able to TKO or armbar him!
bayonetxwork
2/7/08 5:09:45PM
No chance in hell Neer will get the submission, I was thinking more along the lines of a hard fought unany for Neer. Neer is a tough as guy, with legit skills, I'd really like to see him get tested more. The UFC just lets him sit as a gate keeper, he beats guys, and never moves up the ladder really.
BlazinSaddle
2/7/08 5:53:33PM
if you read carefully youll see i didnt write that neer would end it in a submission, i said "it will probably end in a submission or decision"

selective reading is so annoying
fedorwins1
2/7/08 9:35:41PM
I think Thomas will win by dec. He's got slick boxing and has a better submission arsenal also. This fight is at LW right?
Pookie
2/7/08 9:36:55PM

Posted by fedorwins1

I think Thomas will win by dec. He's got slick boxing and has a better submission arsenal also. This fight is at LW right?

yup its at LW

I think Thomas might end this. He completely outclasses Neer.
hawkeyedylan1
2/8/08 5:15:02PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by fedorwins1

yup its at LW

haha, thats funny! That may be one of the most asinine comments I have ever read. Neer has had two fights since dropping to 55 and have won both of them convincingly. One of those wins came against a very tough fighter Paul Rodriguez who happens to train with ATT and Din. Neer finished that fight with a body shot that Rodriguez couldnt handle and did it in under two minutes. Neer is very big and strong for 55 and will win this fight via tko in the second.
fedorwins1
2/8/08 7:05:40PM

Posted by hawkeyedylan1

Posted by Pookie

Posted by fedorwins1

yup its at LW

haha, thats funny! That may be one of the most asinine comments I have ever read. Neer has had two fights since dropping to 55 and have won both of them convincingly. One of those wins came against a very tough fighter Paul Rodriguez who happens to train with ATT and Din. Neer finished that fight with a body shot that Rodriguez couldnt handle and did it in under two minutes. Neer is very big and strong for 55 and will win this fight via tko in the second.

How is that an asinine comment? Din has good boxing and he's very slick and on the ground Din totally outclasses him. Din is a BJJ blackbelt who has submitted Jeremy Stephens, Rich Clementi, and Jens Pulver.
hawkeyedylan1
2/8/08 8:39:28PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by hawkeyedylan1

Posted by Pookie

Posted by fedorwins1

yup its at LW

How is that an asinine comment? Din has good boxing and he's very slick and on the ground Din totally outclasses him. Din is a BJJ blackbelt who has submitted Jeremy Stephens, Rich Clementi, and Jens Pulver.

Its asinine because its not true. To me when you say that he will be "outclassed" your saying that he will be dominated, or walked through. That will not happen. I will admit that he Thomas has a couple of solid wins but so does Neer. He has beaten Joe Stevenson (Neer completely "outclassed" him in that fight) Melvin Guillard, ATT's own Paul Rodriguez, and gone the distance with Spencer Fisher and Josh Burkman. Thomas does not and will not "outclass" Neer.
fedorwins1
2/8/08 8:44:36PM

Posted by hawkeyedylan1

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by hawkeyedylan1

Posted by Pookie

Posted by fedorwins1

yup its at LW

Its asinine because its not true. To me when you say that he will be "outclassed" your saying that he will be dominated, or walked through. That will not happen. I will admit that he Thomas has a couple of solid wins but so does Neer. He has beaten Joe Stevenson (Neer completely "outclassed" him in that fight) Melvin Guillard, ATT's own Paul Rodriguez, and gone the distance with Spencer Fisher and Josh Burkman. Thomas does not and will not "outclass" Neer.

Did I ever say Thomas will outclass Neer?
Pookie
2/8/08 8:50:36PM

Posted by hawkeyedylan1

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by hawkeyedylan1

Posted by Pookie

Posted by fedorwins1

yup its at LW

i saw neer fight in the IFL recently. If that neer shows up to fight din, he will be more than outclassed.

he beat stevenson when joe was still maturing as a fighter. Its asinine to think that he could do the same to the joe stevenson of today (which i do think din would also beat).
cowcatcher
2/8/08 8:52:52PM

Posted by Pookie

i saw neer fight in the IFL recently. If that neer shows up to fight din, he will be more than outclassed.

that was my point earlier in the thread, he just plain didnt look good last time i saw him.
hawkeyedylan1
2/8/08 9:33:01PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by hawkeyedylan1

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by hawkeyedylan1

Posted by Pookie

Posted by fedorwins1

yup its at LW

I was quoting Pookie if you read the thread.

Neer DOMINATED Joe Daddy at 70. Why wouldnt he do the same at 55??

Like i said, I think Neer takes this one.......either way I think it will be an exciting fight!
Pookie
2/8/08 11:57:10PM

Posted by hawkeyedylan1

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by hawkeyedylan1

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by hawkeyedylan1

Posted by Pookie

Posted by fedorwins1

yup its at LW

I was quoting Pookie if you read the thread.

Neer DOMINATED Joe Daddy at 70. Why wouldnt he do the same at 55??

Like i said, I think Neer takes this one.......either way I think it will be an exciting fight!

because 15 pounds is a big difference. At 155 hes one of the strongest people at that weight. At 170 joe he pales in comparison to diego sanchez... see what im getting at?

And you could look at how Neer looks while fighting at 155. he's fighting terrible competition, when he steps up to the ifl and gets dominated.

Not to mention Din Thomas is a beast, a very underrated one at that.
BlazinSaddle
2/9/08 2:22:18AM

Posted by Pookie

because 15 pounds is a big difference. At 155 hes one of the strongest people at that weight. At 170 joe he pales in comparison to diego sanchez... see what im getting at?

And you could look at how Neer looks while fighting at 155. he's fighting terrible competition, when he steps up to the ifl and gets dominated.

Not to mention Din Thomas is a beast, a very underrated one at that.

sorry for butting in but neer would probably beat stevenson again regardless of weight difference besides joe cuts from 190 i hear, on top of that neer beat stevenson less than 2 years ago bad excuse to say he wasnt "matured" he got beat fair and square...

neer vs din is a possible FOTN ppl need to not sleep on neer
Pookie
2/9/08 5:23:58PM
at 155 hes one of the strongest there, at 170 hes not. Plain and simple. the majority of fighters at 170 cut from about 185-190. Being at LW gives him an advantage that being at WW does not.

as for the rest of your post we'll see after din embarrases Neer
BlazinSaddle
2/9/08 7:00:55PM

Posted by Pookie

at 155 hes one of the strongest there, at 170 hes not. Plain and simple. the majority of fighters at 170 cut from about 185-190. Being at LW gives him an advantage that being at WW does not.

as for the rest of your post we'll see after din embarrases Neer

im picking din buddy just sayin dont sleep on neer
Amave2008
2/9/08 8:03:58PM
I pick Din to win in the 2nd round by submission. Don't get me wrong, this could turn out to be FOTN, and a very hard fought battle will endure, but Din has the experience, cardio,skills on the ground and standing to get the job done.

Had he NOT shot in for a takedown against KenFlo, i'm sure he would have won that fight too.

Only thing that i was against him fighting too soon after knee surgery is i just hope he doesn't go in "too cautious" .

I did mention it to him but he said he was cool. He's been training really intense. ( BTW i'm a blue belt in BJJ under ATTPSL Din Thomas )
sonicsmokesweed
2/10/08 6:22:59AM
i think Din Thomas takes this one. Even though im not impressed with Din Thomas i think Din has weak legs and alls it takes is 4 good leg kicks to take him out basicaly but i still respect him
Dastardly1
2/17/08 5:33:46PM
this could end up being fight of the night if the main event doesn't live up to expectations.
bayonetxwork
2/18/08 5:49:37PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

if you read carefully youll see i didnt write that neer would end it in a submission, i said "it will probably end in a submission or decision"

selective reading is so annoying

people assuming something is targeted to their post is so annoying.
Pages: [1] 2