Josh Neer beat Houston Alexander in 02'

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Josh Neer beat Houston Alexander in 02'
ToeZup
4/24/08 11:21:20AM
I just saw this on another forum. I didn't know Josh beat Houston back in 02' at the Toad Holler Fight Club. I'm a big Josh Neer fan. I also like his Jeremy Stephens. They are tough tough guys and will always bring the fight.

Here is the link.

http://fcfighter.brinkster.net/fighter.asp?FighterID=13174
Twenty20Dollars
4/24/08 12:24:38PM
they were both am's that dont mean shit really.
ToeZup
4/24/08 4:43:01PM
OK, so am fights don't mean shit.................
Anyway I wonder what weight they fought at because Houston is sitting at 205 right now and Josh fights at 155.
gsquat
4/24/08 4:59:42PM
I agree with toez. As things sit now, to look at them both and think Neer beat Alexander is quite impressive. Granted Houston has shown his lack of talent lately, but still...
Kracker_Jap
4/25/08 10:17:47AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

UMMMmmm???? I disagree Amature fights can and do show the promise of future fighters... As they also can show the weakness of todays Pro's (this really works when the pro is in denial of there weakness)

They really just don't mean crap to the rankings, I'm sure joe Silva looks at Amature records or else we wouldn't see 0-0, 1-0, 1-2 records on the tuff show
Rabi
4/25/08 10:45:42AM
I also like Josh neer and think he could be a threat at 155. Its a while ago now but Neer beat Joe Stephenson at 170 just after Stephenson had won TUF2.
NinjaCyborg
5/2/08 11:48:15PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

UMMMmmm???? I disagree Amature fights can and do show the promise of future fighters... As they also can show the weakness of todays Pro's (this really works when the pro is in denial of there weakness)

They really just don't mean crap to the rankings, I'm sure joe Silva looks at Amature records or else we wouldn't see 0-0, 1-0, 1-2 records on the tuff show

Well actually the UFC only considers Pro fights for a fighters record.
So if you're seeing 0-0, 1-0, 1-2 on a guys record on TUF, it's because they've had previous Pro fights.
bigbubbano23
5/3/08 11:20:31PM
yes and tito beat matt hughes in a grappling event. youtube it
Kastro
5/4/08 1:07:15AM

Posted by gsquat

I agree with toez. As things sit now, to look at them both and think Neer beat Alexander is quite impressive. Granted Houston has shown his lack of talent lately, but still...

Yah exactly.. who cares if they were both amateurs, for Neer to beat a guy who is as big as Houston is an accomplishment no matter what stage they were in their careers.

telnights
5/4/08 3:01:35AM
This hole talk about amature not meaning anything is total BS. I have had few amature fights they were just as tough as any pro fight is. Just because it isn't listed as a pro fight doesn't make any less of a fight. Just means it wont count on your pro record even exhibitions are listed as amature fights but doesn't make them any less real. All the fights on TUF are considered exhibition/amature fights and don't count on their pro record but that doesn't make them any less of a fight or meaningless. Anyone that would say a exhibition/amature fight doesn't mean shit is someone that has never been in a fight!
telnights
5/4/08 3:12:43AM

Posted by bigbubbano23

yes and tito beat matt hughes in a grappling event. youtube it

Its was not just any grappling event it was ADCC/Abu Dhabi one of the most respect grappling events in the world. Tito barely won even with his size advantage.