Josh Koscheck: 'Rory MacDonald should fight me, but I doubt the UFC wants to see him get his ass kicked'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Josh Koscheck: 'Rory MacDonald should fight me, but I doubt the UFC wants to see him get his ass kicked'
sparky
12/10/12 10:22:41AM
Rory MacDonald is the cat's meow at 170 pounds, but don't expect any bowls of milk from former division number one contender Josh Koscheck, who offered to fight "Ares" following his win over B.J. Penn at UFC on FOX 5 last Saturday night in Seattle.

Top Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight prospect Rory MacDonald put the screws to B.J. Penn in a lopsided affair as part of the UFC on FOX 5 main card held last Saturday night (Dec. 8, 2012) at the KeyArena in Seattle, Washington.

Josh Koscheck was not impressed.

In fact, the former division number one contender went so far as to say "Ares" should step up and face him inside the Octagon -- though he doubts their employer would be willing to expose the young buck in a showdown opposite the longtime veteran.

Link
sparky
12/10/12 10:24:23AM
I would love to see this fight. Koscheck better be careful though I think he's biting off more than he can chew in this one

WAR Rory-Mac
jjeans
12/10/12 10:39:55AM
Yes!

I fooooking love Koscheck and who can forget the phantom knee era

airkerma
12/10/12 10:56:23AM
I can't speak for the UFC, but I would love to see Kos get HIS ass kicked and I think Rory is just the man for the job.
prophecy033
12/10/12 11:03:38AM

Posted by airkerma

I can't speak for the UFC, but I would love to see Kos get HIS ass kicked and I think Rory is just the man for the job.

40ouncetofreedom
12/10/12 11:07:39AM
Not a fan of Rory at all.

I seen Siyar called him out on twitter.I'll gladly enjoy seeing Condit,KOS or Siyar slow this kids roll.His backne and chestne is ridiculous.
tcunningham
12/10/12 1:23:11PM
i like rory's fighting style but other than that i dont really like him. i do want to see him fight some big names. condit or kos would be good. rory had condit in a bad spot a few years ago when they fought. and kos needs a big win as much as rory needs another win over a top guy. i personally would like to see rory fight Kampmann
DancingDoll
12/10/12 1:32:48PM
I'd rather see the Condit rematch but if that's a no-go, then bring on Kos. The RoMac freight train will wreck him on route to another victory.
thevoodooninja
12/10/12 1:46:45PM
I wouldn't mind watching both of them beat the shit out of each other
Goatenstein
12/10/12 1:58:19PM
BJ was tiny and got Rory off his feet. Rory hasn't proven he can withstand a tough fight with a guy his own size.
crushedbacon
12/10/12 2:06:58PM
Ya go for it Koscheck... might also be a good idea to pre book yourself into the same dude that you spent a week in Boston with after fighting St Pierre... As for Siyar, dude will call out anybody with a name value, he'd be on his back eating elbows until he's bleeding out the ears. Book it.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
DancingDoll
12/10/12 2:17:19PM

Posted by Goatenstein

BJ was tiny and got Rory off his feet. Rory hasn't proven he can withstand a tough fight with a guy his own size.

Rewatch the first two rounds of Rory v Condit. That was over 2 yrs ago and before Rory moved to train at Tristar where he really started to evolve.

His other fights with natural WWs (ie. Pyle and Mills) maybe weren't considered 'tough' because he basically demolished them early on.

I agree that he does need a chance to start piling up the bodies in the Top Five at WW, but I think that's just a matter of timing vs doubt that he lacks some sort of skill set to fight the more established guys.
prozacnation1978
12/10/12 2:34:26PM
Rory is right though. March there is a Canada ppv he knows that. I don't see why not condit doesn't take it

Kos can fight Ellenburger next. Good fight for both guys
MuayThaiGeek13
12/10/12 3:14:24PM
I the WW division!
infestructure
12/10/12 3:28:02PM

Posted by tcunningham

i like rory's fighting style but other than that i dont really like him. i do want to see him fight some big names. condit or kos would be good. rory had condit in a bad spot a few years ago when they fought. and kos needs a big win as much as rory needs another win over a top guy. i personally would like to see rory fight Kampmann

but Rory would have a tough job with kos, and he won't be be able to bully him around the cage. And as for the acne, I have acne on my back and chest right up until this day, and I'm 26
I-GOT-THIS-PICK
12/10/12 4:16:29PM

Posted by crushedbacon

Ya go for it Koscheck... might also be a good idea to pre book yourself into the same dude that you spent a week in Boston with after fighting St Pierre... As for Siyar, dude will call out anybody with a name value, he'd be on his back eating elbows until he's bleeding out the ears. Book it.

This would be just like the GSP/Koscheck fight except it would be the other eye all jacked up.In that picture Kos looks like that little dude from Mike Tyson's Punchout
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pookie
12/10/12 7:23:48PM
Lets just say id pick Bj over Koscheck.
Adrenaline
12/10/12 9:45:34PM
<---------This guy loses to both Condit and Kos.

Bythar
12/11/12 5:29:15AM
Gotta say I disagree with a lot of the folk here. This strikes me as a bad style matchup for Rory. Kos would be able to put Rory on his back, he might even be able to control him there. Of course this is based on Kos coming in with a good gameplan and not trying to throw haymakers for three rounds.
postman
12/11/12 8:34:36AM
Rory is doing well for himself but all I took from his fight with BJ is, Rory was able to bully a smaller guy he still got touched and he was still taken down. I'd rather see the Kos fight then a rematch. Too many rematches made IMO.
fonduktoe
12/12/12 12:01:51PM
cant get excited for rory since he says he wont fight the champ.
prophecy033
12/12/12 12:06:04PM

Posted by postman

Rory is doing well for himself but all I took from his fight with BJ is, Rory was able to bully a smaller guy he still got touched and he was still taken down. I'd rather see the Kos fight then a rematch. Too many rematches made IMO.

Hes was taken down but he wasn't held down. Sure Kos may be able to do that but i'd take Rory