Josh Koscheck

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Josh Koscheck
POLL: Do You Like Josh Koscheck?
Yes 67% (29)
No 33% (14)
GrizzlyChadams
7/6/08 4:05:25PM
I've yet to figure out why exactly people dislike Kos so much. I mean, even last night he was being boo'ed and i thought he put on a pretty good fight and honestly brought it to Lytle. It's not like he LNP'd the entire fight. He kept active and did alot of damage while he had Lytle on the ground.
Jlloyd
7/6/08 4:08:41PM
i don't dislike him, but i don't like him
EON
7/6/08 4:31:24PM

Posted by GrizzlyChadams

I've yet to figure out why exactly people dislike Kos so much. I mean, even last night he was being boo'ed and i thought he put on a pretty good fight and honestly brought it to Lytle. It's not like he LNP'd the entire fight. He kept active and did alot of damage while he had Lytle on the ground.

I dont understand why people hate this guy, hes 10 times more exciting that Matt Hughes and Matt gets a huge applause and homecoming yet Koscheck gets boo'd constantly. I think its absurd to be honest, booing of anykind pisses me off but to boo a guy for no reason (not nationalism... like some fans) they love to hate the guy.

Granted toward the end when Lytle was covered in blood and still lookin' to finish with massive blood loss I have to admit I was along cheering for Lytle at the end of round 3. Still though you cant take away from Josh, hes a top 10 fighter and gets the job done, Ive never seen him anything but humble and nice so I really just cant see how people hate him.
pharside
7/6/08 4:32:02PM
Lets face it he's not trying to finish fights, if he does its a bonus hes just like Sherk IMO and i hate to watch both of them fight.
NatedawgThaM
7/6/08 4:55:31PM
Yeah Kos is the man. Besides GSP, he is the most complete athlete at 170. He's the best pure wrestler at 170 too. And his striking has improved light years from when he first started on TUF.

When he first fought GSP, he was no where ready to face that big of a challenge. He had a great ground game with his great wrestling but his stand up was still just average. He screwed up trying to make that fight "the fight where he proves his stand up is great." Not to mention it was when GSP started to become just a ground guy since he wanted none of the stand up since he just got KTFO. And GSP surprised him and schooled him.

But now I think he's ready for GSP. He just beat a great striker and we all know his wrestling is world class. I'd expect a better more competitive fight if they ever rematched, a really good fight.
Aaronno9
7/6/08 4:58:50PM
I dont know why people hate him. Hes pretty humble now, and he fights smart not cocky. I think his gas tank could use a little boost but other than that hes going to cause problems for anybody other than gsp.
Rush
7/6/08 6:03:04PM
I don't like him. His style doesn't do it for me and he has a chip on his shoulder.

What bothered me about the fight is that Koscheck didn't engage him at all on the feet. He was back peddling the whole time. Now don't get me wrong, he came in with the right game plan. Not wanting to stand and bang with Lytle was the smart decision, but I really wanted to see Lytle pound him.

With that said, I came out of this fight having even more respect for Lytle and feeling the same way about Koscheck. Lytle kept pushing for the finish up to the 11th hour and even landed a few despite being bloodied up.

Boo_Radley21
7/6/08 6:07:46PM
I just hate his personality but he's a good fighter.
KYGUY07
7/6/08 6:20:13PM
I used to hate KOS when he was just a wrestler and layed on people all the time, but now he is an all around mixed martial artist and he isnt as disrespectful as he used to be, hes a totally changed fighter and a changed person, I like him alot now.
Hurricane_Brad
7/6/08 6:20:21PM

Posted by pharside

Lets face it he's not trying to finish fights, if he does its a bonus hes just like Sherk IMO and i hate to watch both of them fight.

He was busy on the ground the entire time though, and looking to improve his position. It's not like he was just sitting in full guard or anything, and he turned Lytle into a freakin' faucet. Pretty sure that counts as trying to finish the fight.
aaa9erh8er
7/6/08 6:35:00PM
i will admitt his sklills are good and he is or well he is becoming really well rounded more so everyday with his hands andvancing but i cant get over how he acted on the show. he was a punk him and southworth both man that was hella disrespectfull and disgracefull what they did. so imo thats why hes dislicked but also he has matured a lot and im starting to come around he did give lytle his dues.
Violence108
7/6/08 6:35:47PM

Posted by Jlloyd

i don't dislike him, but i don't like him

Khaos
7/6/08 6:36:13PM
I think he's a good fighter, I've been a fan of his since I started watching MMA(particualrly because the first fight I ever was him vs Diego during TUF 1). I think he's got a lot of talent. He's put on impressive performances, and people saying he' s not trying to finsh fights might be right, but do they hate people like Sylvia, Sherk, Gurgel, etc. He puts on a good show, but he's facing top talent, so a win reguardless is damn exciting and impressive.

DevonFoxy
7/6/08 7:08:49PM

Posted by pharside

He tries to finish fights. He tried to finish the Lytle fight and if Dan would have actually stopped the fight to examine the eye of Lytle the fight would have been stopped. He completely mauled Lytle with GnP to say he wasn't trying to finish this fight would be ridiculous. At the end he seemed kinda passive but honestly I don't think he wanted to hurt Lytle anymore. He was gashed open in two different places the fight should have been stopped imo.

Edit: My bad guys Dan didn't deserve to be dissed but I think Lavigne messed up in this fight big time. Shouldn't have stood them up while Kos was dominating in the third in a dominant position.

Also I guess I should have seen the juding in the Griffin fight coming on top of messin up the Cote fight (which I clearly think he lost in the third round) and In this fight someone gave Lytle the 3rd I guess its not too bad but still the submission attempts wee close and the stand up both guys hit hard but idk the GnP in the third was bad too.
voodoo-jitsu
7/6/08 7:21:50PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I just hate his personality but he's a good fighter.

and his hair do and the way his lips look makes me want to punch him in the face
Gipper
7/6/08 8:33:07PM
i don't mind the guy. i've said it before and i'll say it again i think he is the best ww in the ufc other then gsp.
Khaos
7/6/08 8:45:33PM

Posted by Gipper

i don't mind the guy. i've said it before and i'll say it again i think he is the best ww in the ufc other then gsp.

I completely agree
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/7/08 3:03:05PM
i dont care about his personality, i just care about whether he is an entertaining fighter when i shell out 44.95 to watch fights

so my answer is an emphatic YES!
cowcatcher
7/7/08 3:09:31PM
i dont like the guy, and i never have, but im glad hes successful because it gives me someone to cheer against. the guy is a good fighter, in fact hes in my top 10, but his striking is not very good at all at this point whether joe rogan and goldie tell you it is or not. he has an overhand right and.....an overhand right, thats about it. hes very tough to beat because he uses his skillset VERY well and does what it takes to win, and thats what its all about in the end.
sammyd1213
7/7/08 3:10:19PM
Kos is disliked for the way he acted on the show. The show makes some people huge fan faves(Forrest) and has some guys that people dont like(Kos, Mac Danzig).
MoJoy
7/7/08 3:19:48PM

Posted by pharside

Thats crazy talk. Did you see his fight against Hazelett. Was he just trying to butter him up with that head kick. He sure looked like he was trying to finish Lytle. How can you imply that about Koscheck. Where's your basis.
Franklinfan47
7/7/08 5:38:52PM
Never really liked the guy, but I respect his skills. Didnt like his antics of the ultimate fighter, dont like his fighting style, dont like his attitude. Hell, I dont like that stupid little blonde hair cut he always has.