Josh Koscheck: "I'm going to try and take his head off"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Josh Koscheck: "I'm going to try and take his head off"
betii
2/13/09 10:58:24AM
New Josh Koscheck interview.

On his training and style...

"I’ve pretty much been working my butt off to get my game to where it needed to be to be successful in this sport. I think my last knockout was just a testament of my hard work paying off."

"All of the fans want to see knockouts. It’s like when I was wrestling, they called me boring. Now that I’m a complete fighter, they want me to get back to my wrestling. I think we need to make up our minds in what we want to see. Do they want me to take people down and lay on them or do they want me standing up and knocking people out, you know? I think I’ve changed my game up a little and gotten away from my wrestling a little, but as far as my wrestling goes, if I need it, I’m going to pull it back out for sure."

On his upcoming fight against Paulo Thiago...

"I’m going to be aggressive, I’m coming forward and I’m coming to fight! That’s for sure! It’s going to be his first fight in the UFC and he’s probably been watching me fight for the last 5 years on TV so he’s probably going to be a little star struck from fighting in the UFC and I’m going to use that to my advantage. I’m coming forward and I’m going to try and take his head off."

"I’m not going to let this kid come in here and ruin the party. I got places I want to go and it just so happens to start in London, England on February 21st and Paulo Thiago is just a stop. I just have to make this stop and then get right back on my journey."

On a possible future fight with Parisyan...

"I like to have people talk about me. It creates value and you know that people care if they’re talking about you. To be honest with you dude, I’m in the gym. I live in the gym. I do my job and that’s training, putting on a show and working my ass off. I don’t listen to what people say. I don’t get on the internet. I don’t read any of that stuff so I don’t really listen to what people say."

More in the full interview:

JOSH KOSCHECK: "I'M GOING TO TRY AND TAKE HIS HEAD OFF!"
grimreaper
2/13/09 11:15:40AM
I think he will from what I've seen on Thiago he's somewhat tentative and Koscheck will KO him
Fox
2/13/09 1:25:27PM
Im a huge Kos fan and i am glad to see he has improved hos striking game by leaps and bound. But now that he has some good striking he needs to start integrating his amazing wrestling with the stand up. To me it seems like he wants to do one or the other when he to reach his full potential he will have to use them both.
jiujitsufreak74
2/13/09 4:54:17PM
i have been liking Kos' striking lately. ever since the Dustin Hazelett fight he has really been mixing it up and going for the KO. i personally love the way he is fighting as of late and i think he will get his second KO in as many fights.
theguido
2/13/09 5:03:11PM

Posted by Fox

Im a huge Kos fan and i am glad to see he has improved hos striking game by leaps and bound. But now that he has some good striking he needs to start integrating his amazing wrestling with the stand up. To me it seems like he wants to do one or the other when he to reach his full potential he will have to use them both.

This is the only problem he has is mixing it up if he would do that it would be scary.
FlashyG
2/13/09 5:08:55PM

i have been liking Kos' striking lately. ever since the Dustin Hazelett fight he has really been mixing it up and going for the KO. i personally love the way he is fighting as of late and i think he will get his second KO in as many fights.

I think getting out wrestled by St. Pierre in the fight before really woke him up and showed him how much he needed to learn to hold a title.

Now that he's getting the KO's it might be time to start polishing up his jiu-jitsu
Boo_Radley21
2/13/09 10:39:39PM
He's definitely getting better at mixing it up now, and with his wrestling skill and improved striking I think he's gonna be a force in the WW division for a long time.
fonduktoe
2/14/09 3:02:06AM
i think kos has really improved his game and is kind of an ass backwards version of marcus davis
i'll applaud anyone who can come into this dynamic sport relatively one-dimensional and in the space of a year (give or take) be a well-rounded fighter
props to kos
bls1919
2/15/09 5:25:03PM
Kos should be able to take this fight anywhere he wants to. Kos wins via demolision