Josh Hamilton to the.......

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Josh Hamilton to the.......
ChrisSabal
12/13/12 3:46:34PM
Angels. Thoughts?
hotrodttt
12/13/12 4:06:39PM
Fuck.... My A's have a long season ahead
Theoutlaw08
12/13/12 4:11:00PM
Hate it. Was hoping he would end up a Brewer. Glad that line up of the Angles is in the American League. They are stacked!
hotrodttt
12/13/12 4:30:00PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Hate it. Was hoping he would end up a Brewer. Glad that line up of the Angles is in the American League. They are stacked!

Yea Braun/Hamilton would have been a great 3,4 combo
cowcatcher
12/13/12 4:45:53PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

It was never going to happen though, I was surprised that we kept getting mentioned as a possible suitor for him. Too much access to alcohol in this town for Josh, not a good place to live for someone that's recovering, plus this town isn't big on quitters.
Twenty20Dollars
12/13/12 4:52:18PM
Angels need to dump Veron Wells now clear some payroll.

Tori Hunter wondering what happen as he was told money was tight.

Heard that the Brewers payroll was smaller or something, so I didn't see that.

Lots of pressure on both LA teams to win now with all this big $ spending.
jay98107
12/13/12 4:57:06PM
Christ what a payroll. It appears as though the Yankees, Phillies and Red Sox can no longer receive the bulk of complaints about high payrolls, what with the Dodgers and Angels spending what they are.
Shawn91111
12/13/12 5:10:52PM
Yankees never were in play with their mandate to get below $189 mill for next season.

Angels have offense and now no pitching
Ordep
12/13/12 5:16:39PM
Pretty nice heart of the line up

3.Trout
4.Hamilton
5.Pujols

They needed to make the big move to prevent casual fans to turn into the new Dodger$
Bubbles
12/13/12 5:21:49PM

Posted by Ordep

Pretty nice heart of the line up

3.Trout
4.Hamilton
5.Pujols

Trout will stay leadoff, Pujols will always be a #3 hitter and Hamilton will be cleanup
Theoutlaw08
12/13/12 5:44:37PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Theoutlaw08

It was never going to happen though, I was surprised that we kept getting mentioned as a possible suitor for him. Too much access to alcohol in this town for Josh, not a good place to live for someone that's recovering, plus this town isn't big on quitters.

I agree it was never really going to happen. The Brewers want to make huge cuts in there pay roll. Hopefully we can do it with what we have. But the pitching staff can be weak at times. I thought getting Dempster would be good, but hes a prick. And he signed with the Sox anyways.
I hear they are interested in Mike Adams, which would be nice
frizzzlecake
12/13/12 6:12:33PM
I think it's a slap in the face to the Ranger's who did so much for him, but hey he did a lot for them as well.

I like Josh but the Angels and starting to piss me off more than the Yankees.
BuffaloDave
12/13/12 6:40:09PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Too much access to alcohol in this town for Josh, not a good place to live for someone that's recovering, plus this town isn't big on quitters.

As there won't be an excessive amount of drugs available for him in LA??
cowcatcher
12/13/12 7:18:03PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by cowcatcher

Too much access to alcohol in this town for Josh, not a good place to live for someone that's recovering, plus this town isn't big on quitters.

I thought he was a boozer, not a junkie.
prophecy033
12/13/12 7:19:52PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by cowcatcher

Isn't he both?
Poor_Franklin
12/13/12 7:23:08PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by cowcatcher

Isn't he both?

heroin addict & alcoholic i believe
cowcatcher
12/13/12 7:25:47PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by cowcatcher

Isn't he both?

heroin addict & alcoholic i believe

Oh shit, well at least he covers all his bases.

Punny.
Chael_Sonnen
12/13/12 9:12:38PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Angels. Thoughts?

Angels make sense, especially with his "born again" persona

Go get 'em Josh!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Bubbles
12/13/12 10:33:22PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

I think it's a slap in the face to the Ranger's who did so much for him, but hey he did a lot for them as well.

I don't see it that way. Texas thought he was worth $___, LA paid him A-roid money. That is a lot more than I would be willing to pay him (maybe 3 years at that price tops) but someone wanted to give Hamilton that much money then so be it. If that's an offer thats ~$5 mil more a year or the same length, why stay on a team that lost most of its best players?
jakewalters
12/13/12 10:52:53PM
3 of the Top 5 hitters in baseball???
jay98107
12/14/12 1:54:07PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by frizzzlecake

I don't see it that way. Texas thought he was worth $___, LA paid him A-roid money. That is a lot more than I would be willing to pay him (maybe 3 years at that price tops) but someone wanted to give Hamilton that much money then so be it. If that's an offer thats ~$5 mil more a year or the same length, why stay on a team that lost most of its best players?

Not to mention that after two straight years of making the Series and failing to win it, the Rangers get eliminated in the the one game wild card playoff this year. Pujols is only going to be more comfortable next year with the Angels and Trout will improve as well. I think the Rangers are a great team, but it appears as though these teams are headed in different directions.
spang714
12/15/12 11:03:41AM
As a diehard fan of the Texas Rangers let me just say.....
FUCK!!!!!!!

Michael Young-gone
Josh Hamilton-gone
Ryan Dempster-gone
Mike Adams-gone

BuffaloDave
12/15/12 1:01:50PM

Posted by spang714

As a diehard fan of the Texas Rangers let me just say.....
FUCK!!!!!!!

Michael Young-gone
Josh Hamilton-gone
Ryan Dempster-gone
Mike Adams-gone

Watch Beltre go back to playing like he was in Seattle.
Ordep
12/16/12 2:50:27PM

This one was a bad one on the Rangers front office. They offer him the QO and after that they waited for other teams to offer to see his values. He didn't like that and jumped on the Angels (which is a really good offer anyway) without letting Texas match. I was hearing on the radio that Rangers managers were bitching about how MLB needs a restricted free agency and how the Angels offer whould have been a sheet and not a contract giving them the chance to match. Crybabies, if they really wanted Hamilton why they didn't offer him a real contract after he rejected the QO?. Screw them, Go Josh!!