Josh Burkman vs. Steve Carl for first World Series of Fighting welterweight title set for Oct. 26

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Josh Burkman vs. Steve Carl for first World Series of Fighting welterweight title set for Oct. 26
JLS1980
9/3/13 9:03:22PM
World Series of Fighting will crown its first champion next month.

Josh Burkman will meet Steve Carl for the promotion's inaugural 170-pound title in the main event of WSOF 6 on Oct. 26 at the BankUnited Center in Coral Gables, Fla., on the campus of the University of Miami, WSOF executive vice president Ali Abdel-Aziz and president Ray Sefo confirmed with MMAFighting.com on Tuesday.

Link
sparky
9/3/13 9:16:58PM
I'm glad that WSOF is finally having a title fight not to sure about the match up though
Budgellism
9/3/13 11:09:28PM
Big step down for Burkman from his last two fights but at least it's for a title now. It's pretty clear he's the best at Welterweight WSOF has. His career resurgence since he signed with WSOF has been nothing short of incredible. With that being said though he's had submission defence problems in the past and if Carl can get his back he's in a lot of trouble.
prozacnation1978
9/3/13 11:10:43PM
Don't know why Carl is in title fight.
Budgellism
9/3/13 11:31:27PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Don't know why Carl is in title fight.

He's 2-0 in the WSOF with two early finishes and Burkman has ran through anyone else worthy of a shot.
jae_1833
9/4/13 12:23:05AM
Carl has 6 submission finishes in a row and its not like there is anyone else to face...unless we want to see Anthony Johnson fail to make wt again.
hashyandy4
9/4/13 1:45:29AM
I dont really like this fight, but its the only fight they could make for a title without signing a decent size name. I think and hope Burkman takes this. He's been on a fuckin roll and deserves to be WSOF 1st WW Champ.