Josh Barnett Tweets X-ray Image Of His Broken Hand

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Josh Barnett Tweets X-ray Image Of His Broken Hand
sparky
5/20/12 10:59:56PM
Strikeforce heavyweight Josh ‘The Warmaster’ Barnett Tweeted (@JoshLBarnett)this x-ray image of his broken left hand after last nights loss to Daniel Cormier in the Grand Prix Final.

- Here’s what happened in the first :30…still threw it though. Of course that might not have so wise LOL.

Cormier, coincidentally broke his right hand in the opening round also. The newly ground GP champion told the media at the post-fight press conference that he was planning on having surgery to repair the hand instead of waiting for it to heal like the last time.

Link
george112
5/20/12 11:10:41PM

Damn I know that hurts.

Not making excuses for him but I know that had to atleast have made a tiny impact on the fight.

No disrespect to DC . He's solid
Svartorm
5/20/12 11:25:34PM
I knew Cormier busted his hand because he landed on Barnett's skull and then stared at his glove. Didn't realize Barnett busted his as well. Was too bad because he was snapping off some great jabs, but then switched to those wacky elbows. Never put 2 and 2 together.
Twenty20Dollars
5/20/12 11:32:38PM
In a way they both lost with breaking their hands.

Still have no clue on the +1 fight for DC, as most of the HW's are gone to UFC. Fedor retiring.

Barney rematch?

Also realized DC isn't that young, 33 I think. I'd say move him over to UFC now, no +1 fight.
Sir_Karl
5/20/12 11:46:25PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
prophecy033
5/20/12 11:52:44PM
That's a nasty break
Chael_Sonnen
5/21/12 12:13:58AM
Perhaps The War Master should tweet X-rays of his broken face - - and ego
warglory
5/21/12 7:45:38AM
I think Barnett has spent too much time in Japan. He really was hamming it up in the cage after his fight with his injury. He looked like he was having a stroke. I understand that it's very painful, but he reminded me of Japanese fighters when they over-exaggerate in order to save face. Cormier had a broken hand (may have been less severe), and you couldn't even tell.
scoozna
5/21/12 10:06:57AM

Posted by Svartorm

I knew Cormier busted his hand because he landed on Barnett's skull and then stared at his glove. Didn't realize Barnett busted his as well. Was too bad because he was snapping off some great jabs, but then switched to those wacky elbows. Never put 2 and 2 together.

I saw DC look at his hand, he may have shaken it once...but then nothing. I too thought he broke it...but he did a hell of a job at hiding it for the rest of the fight, I forgot all about it after round 1.

This was a great fight, and it just seems even better, now, that I know they both went another 4 rounds with busted hands. I love this sport.